Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAS case against WDW heads to trial

Once again DAS (Disability Access Services) may go through another shakeup, as a case involving Autism has proceeded to trial.

A judge has ruled a federal lawsuit that demands people with autism to have the ability to go to the front of attraction lines at Walt Disney World is officially going to court next year.
    The lawsuit, which involves the unidentified plaintiff who goes by “A.L.,” is an Orange County man who filed the lawsuit when he was 22 after he claimed Disney World’s new policy altered his routine he utilized when visiting Magic Kingdom. When visiting the park, “A.L.” would travel “in only one direction, stopping at only the same places, in the same order, every time.” However, when the new policy came, he was no longer able to go about this same method.
    Before people laugh at the claim, it should be noted that people who have Autism, live their lives in a 'routine'. Any unexpected change that happens to their routine can be damaging to the individual, as their routine keeps the individual feel calm and safe.

The trial is currently set for February 2020.
    A judge ruled a federal lawsuit demanding people with autism to have the ability to go to the front of attraction lines at Disney World is going to trial.
    Last edited by Spongeocto4; 10-02-2019, 12:24 PM. Reason: Grammar

So wouldn't just going to Disneyworld be a change of routine? I'm not trying to be mean, it's just what I thought when I read the story.

Comment

Originally posted by citcatt1 View Post
      So wouldn't just going to Disneyworld be a change of routine? I'm not trying to be mean, it's just what I thought when I read the story.
      I think it's implied that the plantiff was a frequent visitor to WDW. Hence on why they are suing, as it affects their normal 'routine', during their visits to the resort.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
      Working...
      X