• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WDW Peak Seasons
    MiceChat Partner Site
    • Nov 2007

"You're going to Disney again?"

We are a month away from our Christmas peak season trip and it has started already. We got the dreaded question, "you're going to Disney again?" It drives us crazy b/c we have friends who go on vacation every year to their favorite beach, or camping area and that is ok. But heaven forbid we are going to Disney. Oh well I just wondered how many others get this question.
    WDWNewsletter.com

• hbgamblers
    New MiceChatter
    • Nov 2007

Re: "You're going to Disney again?"

Of course we get asked that when we go as well, this will be our fourth trip in 8 years in January 2008 and we get asked that all the time, yet it has been four years since we were last there, lol. Who cares, we are happy, doesn't really matter where they would rather go because I'm going to the happiest place in the world!

Comment

• Ride Warrior
      Iron-Clad Allie
      • Feb 2005

Son of a beach! Many of those exotic beach frequenters don't even desire to get in the water. They just want to be secluded, and rise up early each morning to watch the sun come up. They deserve to be mooned. What a waste!

I wouldn't give up being young at heart and active for the world. A Pirates life for me. Yo Ho!!!
      To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

• RonNYC
        Wishin' I was at WDW.
        • Feb 2005

I get the same question from people that tend to repeat their favorite vacations as well. I ask them why they keep going back to places they love.

The way I see it, you find a place you love, go back. Don't cut yourself to new experiences elsewhere if you want but there's nothin' wrong with going to WDW over and over.

Comment

• DisneyIPresume
          Beach Expert
          • Sep 2006

I think there are two types of vacationers -- simply put beach goers (to put things into a nutshell) and Disney goers.

It is more obvious out here near Disneyland, which is only 15 minutes from the beach. While many tourists spend time at both places, many tourists who come to southern California also come only for the beach or only for Disneyland. Many times when I suggest the beach to Disneyland guests they react like I am suggesting they go visit the moon.

And vice versa -- many of the strictly beach goers think that Disneyland is just for kids and perhaps a little less sophisticated for their taste (how wrong they are). Being that there are a lot more beaches than there are Disney Parks I think the majority of the world views a normal vacation as going to the beach (or camping or whatever) as compared to going to Disneyland or Disney World. They don't see it as a vacation but they see it as something else -- I guess they have a right to their opinion but there is nothing wrong about choosing DL or WDW as your next vacation.

Comment

• hoonest
            New MiceChatter
            • Sep 2006

We get this all the time! It drives us crazy. We do disneyworld or disneyland every year, hey why change a good thing? Every time we say we are going on a holiday, everyone is like, let me guess....Disney! I say hey I tried a cruise and got Norwalk, so why would I try anything else?????? I never say anything to our friends who camp every weekend in the summer! Go figure!

Comment

• Barbaraann
              Chicago Gal
              • Apr 2005

At my holiday gathering yesterday, both my sons asked me this very question. "Your going to Disney World again?" They claimed that they have been there, and done that, and they would be "bored", if they went back. My grandson was sitting beside me at the time, and he was on my side. He would love to accompany me on my upcoming trip to Disney World in just 12 days.

They just don't understand that each of my 8 Disney vacations has been unique and fun, and different.
              BarbaraAnn

Comment

• WDW Peak Seasons
                MiceChat Partner Site
                • Nov 2007

Yeah people dont realize that each trip is unique. I cant wait for our DD's to get old enough and tell us they will be bored with WDW. Then we wont feel bad leaving them at home LOL! My guess is though they will never allow us to go to WDW without them.
                WDWNewsletter.com

Comment

• steamboatpete
                  Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

• Sep 2006

My canned answer is

"because we can."
                  Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
                  The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X