Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One night stay which resort should we book?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One night stay which resort should we book?

Where would you stay if you have one day/night to stay at a resort at WDW? I am leaning towards Animal kingdom savanna view. We are getting in a day before the rest of the family so that we can try out one of the more expensive resorts for a night since I will never pay for them for an entire trip LOL. I am deciding between Contemporary/Grand Floridian/Animal Kingdom. We are not going to the parks on this particular night. Once the rest of the family comes in we are staying at the Riviera. Anyways thoughts?
    These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
    My company had a special night at the park
    WdW trip report with WWoHP
    NYE 2011 trip report
    Mice Chat 7th anniversary
    Leap year 24 hour report
    New DCA trip report
    NYE 2012
    HKDL trip report

AK Lodge is a great choice, it's a unique experience so would be good fit. AK Lodge also has some great restaurants. A theme park view room in the Contemporary is also a great experience, and if you aren't going to the parks that day you could spend time visiting the Grand Floridian and Poly.

Comment

Originally posted by danlb_2000 View Post
      AK Lodge is a great choice, it's a unique experience so would be good fit. AK Lodge also has some great restaurants. A theme park view room in the Contemporary is also a great experience, and if you aren't going to the parks that day you could spend time visiting the Grand Floridian and Poly.
      Have you stayed at AK? If we grab a savanna view how likely would an animal sighting happen in one night? Based off your comments I actually might reconsider the contemporary now LOL. A theme park view for one night before the real trip starts sounds cool and we can take the monorail around etc.

DL 55th BDAY trip report
      NYE 2011 trip report
      Leap year 24 hour report
      New DCA trip report
      NYE 2012
      HKDL trip report

Comment

I'd go with AK & just chill out there & each at Sanaa & Boma. Maybe take the free restaurant tour if you're there for that. (Disney restaurants are inconsistent, and I heard that Jiko went downhill in 2018 and/or 2019.)

The Contemporary would be fun, especially if you're going the MK.

And I'd replace the Grand Floridian with the Wilderness Lodge in your considerations. Like the AKL, the WL has an excellent atmosphere that will get you right into a "We're not in Kansas any more!" mindset. But again, my first pick for you would be the AKL!

How about the Beach or Yacht Club so you can get a couple nice meals at World Showcase--if you can get the reservations?

Don't stay at the Four Seasons unless you want to spend the next week thinking, "Wow, Disney really sucks at hotels!" At least that's what I've read.

Comment

On second thought, stay at one of Universal's best hotels, which will get you a front-of-the-line at attractions option. (Does that still exclude Harry Potter attractions? Or is just Hagrid's motorcycle coaster excluded now?) If Harry's world or part of Harry's world doesn't have a FP option, then take advantage of early entry for Harry's rides.) Get a park hopper and experience the connected Harry Potter worlds!

HAVE A NICE TIME, whatever you do!
          Last edited by jcruise86; 01-09-2020, 11:46 AM.

Comment

I noticed that contemporary resort theme park views are already gone for June so I grabbed a AKL Savanna view for now as I still decide but I will probably end up there. Thanks for the feedback! We are ending the trip at Universal Orlando should be fun!

DL 55th BDAY trip report
            NYE 2011 trip report
            Leap year 24 hour report
            New DCA trip report
            NYE 2012
            HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post

Have you stayed at AK? If we grab a savanna view how likely would an animal sighting happen in one night? Based off your comments I actually might reconsider the contemporary now LOL. A theme park view for one night before the real trip starts sounds cool and we can take the monorail around etc.
              Yes I have. If you are only going to be there at night, then it won't be worth it, but during the day you will definitely see animals. You not only can see them from your room, but there are a number of places around the hotel with public viewing areas.

Comment

Originally posted by danlb_2000 View Post

Yes I have. If you are only going to be there at night, then it won't be worth it, but during the day you will definitely see animals. You not only can see them from your room, but there are a number of places around the hotel with public viewing areas.
                Awesome thanks for the info. I have a Savannah view booked at Jambo house for now with reservations to eat dinner at Sanaa. Because I got a great rate I will probably stay here but I am going to continue to look. We are aiming to get to Orlando early so we can just poke around the resort all day.

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                NYE 2011 trip report
                Leap year 24 hour report
                New DCA trip report
                NYE 2012
                HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post

I have stayed at the AK a number of times and if you check in at 4 and have time in the morning you will definitely have some good animal viewing, morning is the best as they draw the animals in with food. we started every morning at the AK on the balcony drinking coffee and watching giraffes and zebra have breakfast as well.
                  BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

AK Lodge Savanna view room is a great choice. Plus the resort offer a lot of things to do if not going to the Parks. Plus it boast some of the best restaurants on property. Have fun and make sure to get to IOA early for Hagrid's. Its well worth the early rising to get to the park.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X