Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WDW Tomorrowland Refurbishment, Restoration, & Construction Thread.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDW Tomorrowland Refurbishment, Restoration, & Construction Thread.

Please post recent pictures and videos of Tomorrowland.

Chat about the changes and the things that you like or dislike.

How do you feel about TL going retro/ pre-94?

Last edited by mondo; 01-21-2020, 03:54 PM.

from WDW News Today
    Attached Files

Comment

TRON from WDWNT
      Attached Files

Comment

Pre 1994 retro???

Is there a proper story on all this?

One mistake I already see .... not designing the Peoplemover to make a trip inside Tron. That’s always been half the joy of that ride ... seeing previews of TL attractions. Come to think of it ... the only preview is Space Mountain. A huge missed opportunity. But I already know.... the two Bob’s mantra - it’s not needed! Such a lack of vision! Depressing.
        MY SIGNATURE:
        Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
          Pre 1994 retro???

One mistake I already see .... not designing the Peoplemover to make a trip inside Tron. That’s always been half the joy of that ride ... seeing previews of TL attractions. Come to think of it ... the only preview is Space Mountain. A huge missed opportunity. But I already know.... the two Bob’s mantra - it’s not needed! Such a lack of vision! Depressing.
          Fore sure they are removing alot of the '94 TL. On the People Mover track they have removed those TL '94 details and more likely will be removed . The support columns are being stripped and some are bare, others are covered by a grey covering.

search:PHOTOS: More 1994 New Tomorrowland Themed Accents Removed from the PeopleMover Track at the Magic Kingdom
          for an article on this.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1507.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.71 MB ID:	8611711

The new entrance sign has the retro aesthetics.Click image for larger version  Name:	7GW7UEEXEJD67N35EOZWQFHEOI.jpg Views:	1 Size:	90.5 KB ID:	8611710
          (www.orlandosentinel.com 9/2009)
          Last edited by mondo; 01-26-2020, 01:03 PM.

Comment

deleted post
            Last edited by mondo; 01-26-2020, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
              Pre 1994 retro???

I agree it is a missed opportunity not routing the PM thru Tron. Would add to the motion of TL. Lets hope the Speedway is rethemed to something more fitting since its staying put.

Comment

Originally posted by mondo View Post
                Please post recent pictures and videos of Tomorrowland.

Chat about the changes and the things that you like or dislike.

How do you feel about TL going retro/ pre-94?

I hate it. Its name is TOMORROWland, not Retroland. This is literally the polar opposite of what they should be doing. I didn't think there was anything terribly wrong with it anyway. It was certainly miles better than Disneyland's.

Comment

I have always thought that the WDW version of new TL was way better than DL's. I think they both are returning to the "classic" TL. Or most of it.
                  Last edited by mondo; 07-12-2020, 10:59 PM.

Comment

When I see new white paint in TL. I think of this in the tune of "Painting the Roses Red". "We're painting Tomorrow white, we're painting Tomorrow white !" The PM track legs are being painted white

Comment

According to WDWNT, the Vacation Club Kiosk got repainted and a little redesign.

Click image for larger version  Name:	tomorrowland-dvc-kiosk-4-1200x900.jpg Views:	0 Size:	128.5 KB ID:	8622980

Comment

The People Mover has not yet reopen. I heard a rumor about the trains bumping into each other and something about magnets. Have you heard about this? Have you seen any work being done?

Comment

The People Mover has not yet reopen. I heard a rumor about the trains bumping into each other and something about magnets. Have you heard about this? Have you seen any work being done?
                          Yeah, I heard this rumor and the rumor went on to say that they would be replacing the linear motors. If that is the case I would expect it to be down for a while.

Comment

When I see new white paint in TL. I think of this in the tune of "Painting the Roses Red". "We're painting Tomorrow white, we're painting Tomorrow white !" The PM track legs are being painted white
                            It looks super good! I hope they'd change the weird copper color in DL.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X