Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the lights on, on the castle...

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Are the lights on, on the castle...

    when it isn't Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party?

  • #2
    Re: Are the lights on, on the castle...

    Yes. They're on every night. Others can give you more details about what time they are turned on.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Are the lights on, on the castle...

      They turn on every night at 5:45. Get there a little early, and as close to the castle as you can (for the "show" that Disney does before turning them on).
      Denise

      www.mousesteps.com




      Favorite TDL Typo:

      Originally posted by TDLFAN
      I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
      on Bay Lake.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Are the lights on, on the castle...

        Do they do the lighting ceremony again during Mickey's Very Merry Chirstmas Party? Or is it a one time lighting at 5:45 for the day. I was hoping to see it on Dec 2 but won't be at the MK till about 6 to 6:30ish.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Are the lights on, on the castle...

          Originally posted by Disney Magic View Post
          Do they do the lighting ceremony again during Mickey's Very Merry Chirstmas Party? Or is it a one time lighting at 5:45 for the day. I was hoping to see it on Dec 2 but won't be at the MK till about 6 to 6:30ish.
          I haven't gone to the MVMCP this year, but I wouldn't expect it to be re-lit. It would already be dark out, and the lights would have already been on. But I'm sure Matt or someone who has gone to the event will be able to say for sure.

          Can you get there earlier? I'd personally shoot for 5:30, even if you have a dinner reservation (I would cancel or change anything to be in the park on time). The "show" at 5:45 is worth seeing.
          Denise

          www.mousesteps.com




          Favorite TDL Typo:

          Originally posted by TDLFAN
          I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
          on Bay Lake.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Are the lights on, on the castle...

            Thanks. I will probably be able to see it another day while I am down there. I was just hoping to see it at MVMCP, maybe they do shut them off sometime between 6-7 while the park is "closed" right before the party starts. I think if is fantastic that they do this during the parks normal hours for the day guest though. I have dinner reservations at 5 at Citricos and I reallly don't want to loose them.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Are the lights on, on the castle...

              Originally posted by Disney Magic View Post
              Thanks. I will probably be able to see it another day while I am down there. I was just hoping to see it at MVMCP, maybe they do shut them off sometime between 6-7 while the park is "closed" right before the party starts. I think if is fantastic that they do this during the parks normal hours for the day guest though. I have dinner reservations at 5 at Citricos and I reallly don't want to loose them.
              The park doesn't close. Guests of the MVMCP may be able to get there as early as 4 (if the same as the last couple of years), and regular day guests get swept out (so to speak) at party time. It USED to be that the park closed for an hour or so, but no more.

              I also think it's great that they offer it to everyone, I'd like to see more offered to everyone! But that is for another, future thread. :-D Enjoy Citricos! And I would definitely say to get there at 5:30 another night. The castle is beautiful right before dark, some of my favorite photos (that I took) were when there was still light in the sky.
              Denise

              www.mousesteps.com




              Favorite TDL Typo:

              Originally posted by TDLFAN
              I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
              on Bay Lake.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Are the lights on, on the castle...

                The castle stays lit all night, even when there is a MVMCP. The only exception is during Wishes. They sell too many photopass pictures to even think of turning the lights off.

                Guests with MVMCP tickets are allowed to enter at 4pm. I confirmed that during the first party of this year.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Are the lights on, on the castle...

                  Amazing!! Until when do you think that this show will run? I'm going to be there Jan 2nd..

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Are the lights on, on the castle...

                    Originally posted by freedogshampoo View Post
                    Amazing!! Until when do you think that this show will run? I'm going to be there Jan 2nd..
                    Generally it is through the 1st week of January, probably the 6th.
                    Denise

                    www.mousesteps.com




                    Favorite TDL Typo:

                    Originally posted by TDLFAN
                    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                    on Bay Lake.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Are the lights on, on the castle...

                      Denise is correct. It will definitely run thru the sixth ... possibly a bit longer, but there's no guarantee on that.

                      Comment

                      Get Away Today Footer

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X