• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Star Wars Hotel details

Here's the latest:

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/d...rnd/index.html

Will Triumph be there?

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/d...rnd/index.html

I have curbed my expectations of what they think RPGing is. I really thought that SWGE was really going to be a game changer with role playing in the parks but it fell on it's face to me. I love star wars but I really don't think this hotel will be what I was expecting. I am going to definitely wait and see on this one.
    These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
    My company had a special night at the park
    WdW trip report with WWoHP
    NYE 2011 trip report
    Mice Chat 7th anniversary
    Leap year 24 hour report
    New DCA trip report
    NYE 2012
    HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
      I have curbed my expectations of what they think RPGing is. I really thought that SWGE was really going to be a game changer with role playing in the parks but it fell on it's face to me. I love star wars but I really don't think this hotel will be what I was expecting. I am going to definitely wait and see on this one.
      Agreed. So much was promised with GE, and then not brought to fruition, that I have a hard time believing most of this stuff. I'm sure it will be awesome, but for now I'm going to remain skeptical. Hopefully we get proven wrong!

Comment

One noticable design flaw is that the hotels appears to have no actual windows for natural light into the building. That is going to throw a lot people off mentally.

Comment

Here's a video from November of 2020. I thought a few of the comments by Youtubers after the video were funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DUCDKxXeFg

Disney could make more money and allow twice as many guests to experience this if they made it a 21-hour experience from 4pm till 1pm the next day. Cramming a lot into 21 hours would leave some guests wanting more--that's a good thing.

Also imagine if guests could tour Galaxy's Edge at one or two of four different times (to ride Ride of the Resistance) and if one of these times was at 11pm when there were extra Star Wars actors in the land and no other guests. Or visit at 6:30am. Of course, guests who were too tired for these could maybe go at 9am, and maybe others could then return to re-ride Rise of the Resistance at this time. Riding Rise without waits would make this a much better value.

It there will still be a Star Wars fireworks show, it'd be cool if Galactic Starcruiser hotel guests could experience this in their own isolated area with some lasers & drones just for their private show.

Disney CMs would have fun changing this overnight experience so it's different every year. I imagine a bar open till 1am & an alien bartender greeting surprised parents who wander into it at midnight, "Couldn't sleep, could you?" How about at attack that's defeated? Maybe a couple of the "hotel guests" are aliens.
          Last edited by jcruise86; 04-16-2021, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
            Here's a video from November of 2020. I thought a few of the comments by Youtubers after the video were funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DUCDKxXeFg

Disney could make more money and allow twice as many guests to experience this if they made it a 21-hour experience from 4pm till 1pm the next day. Cramming a lot into 21 hours would leave some guests wanting more--that's a good thing.

Also imagine if guests could tour Galaxy's Edge at one or two of four different times (to ride Ride of the Resistance) and if one of these times was at 11pm when there were extra Star Wars actors in the land and no other guests. Or visit at 6:30am. Of course, guests who were too tired for these could maybe go at 9am, and maybe others could then return to re-ride Rise of the Resistance at this time. Riding Rise without waits would make this a much better value.

It there will still be a Star Wars fireworks show, it'd be cool if Galactic Starcruiser hotel guests could experience this in their own isolated area with some lasers & drones just for their private show.

Disney CMs would have fun changing this overnight experience so it's different every year. I imagine a bar open till 1am & an alien bartender greeting surprised parents who wander into it at midnight, "Couldn't sleep, could you?" How about at attack that's defeated? Maybe a couple of the "hotel guests" are aliens.
            If these what-if theories came true this could easily become the most interesting hotel at Disney World. I'm still on the fence as to whether Disney's concept will be too niche for the average hotel goer or a complete gamechanger for hotels. If they were to have exclusive times for Galaxies Edge like you suggested that would make it a must-stay hotel for me.
            Brian the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by Brian PieGuy View Post
              If they were to have exclusive times for Galaxies Edge like you suggested that would make it a must-stay hotel for me.
              I probably won't splurge on this hotel, but if there were a Galaxy's Edge tour that included Rise of the Resistance, we might do that.

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post

I probably won't splurge on this hotel, but if there were a Galaxy's Edge tour that included Rise of the Resistance, we might do that.
                Agreed. Throw in priority boarding to RotR AND perhaps MF:SR with the price you're paying and I'd definitely consider throwing down that kind of coin.
                "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian PieGuy View Post

If these what-if theories came true this could easily become the most interesting hotel at Disney World. I'm still on the fence as to whether Disney's concept will be too niche for the average hotel goer or a complete gamechanger for hotels. If they were to have exclusive times for Galaxies Edge like you suggested that would make it a must-stay hotel for me.

It's definitely going to be niche for the average hotel goer, but with it's size it doesn't need to attract a huge number of people to be successful. It has about 100 rooms, and a 2 day stay, so at four people per room, that is 73,000 people per year to fill it. Compare that to the 20 million+ that visit Magic Kingdom every year it shouldn't be hard to get enough people.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X