Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF you've ridden Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway, please tell us about it!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF you've ridden Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway, please tell us about it!

We're all ears!
    It's supposed to open on March 4. Is that outdated?
    Have cast members been riding it in advance?
    Last edited by jcruise86; 05-13-2020, 08:28 AM.

CNN article on it:
    https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/f...rld/index.html

Comment

The ride transforms the room into a 2D world and makes you feel like unless you look at the floor. I thought each train carriage would be separated so that guests would not see others. Well, the effects are quite amazing though. There is also a Mickey Shorts theatre as part of the celebrations as well. You can get some more ideas from these photos.

https://www.disney-magical-kingdom-b...t-disneys.html
      https://www.disney-magical-kingdom-b...ilway-non.html

Comment

I know it's pointless to say it at this point, I'm sure a ton of stuff is out about it by now, but I think it's it's really better if you go in knowing as little as possible. It's a fun ride but a lot of the fun is not knowing what comes next, and a couple of surprising moments with immersion.

Like, there's a part right at the beginning that I know knowing about it beforehand would have completely killed the moment.

Comment

Checked the app and it's only 105 min wait. That's very good for a new attraction.
          These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
          My company had a special night at the park
          WdW trip report with WWoHP
          NYE 2011 trip report
          Mice Chat 7th anniversary
          Leap year 24 hour report
          New DCA trip report
          NYE 2012
          HKDL trip report

Comment

Hello everybody,

I was in DisneyWorld last week and I was able to get on the ride on Thursday, the 5th of March. It was completely underwhelming to me. Granted, I am a 50 years old male: so I am obviously not the target audience. It is cute (I think that the kids are going to love it) and the colors are absolutely gorgeous but overall, I felt empty coming out of it (and I do not really know why). The design choices for Mickey and Minnie is a bit odd (especially when you see them in their car) and the attraction is too frantic for me. It is especially disappointing since it comes right after the opening of Rise of the Resistance. It just looked very cheap (I am not a big fan of screens). Also, I felt a bit sad for the Great Movie Ride which was such a great attraction. I am very curious to hear from other people though. Just my 2 cents.
            Jeanmi

Comment

Originally posted by jml338 View Post
              Hello everybody,

I was in DisneyWorld last week and I was able to get on the ride on Thursday, the 5th of March. It was completely underwhelming to me. Granted, I am a 50 years old male: so I am obviously not the target audience. It is cute (I think that the kids are going to love it) and the colors are absolutely gorgeous but overall, I felt empty coming out of it (and I do not really know why). The design choices for Mickey and Minnie is a bit odd (especially when you see them in their car) and the attraction is too frantic for me. It is especially disappointing since it comes right after the opening of Rise of the Resistance. It just looked very cheap (I am not a big fan of screens). Also, I felt a bit sad for the Great Movie Ride which was such a great attraction. I am very curious to hear from other people though. Just my 2 cents.
              Thanks, jml338!

Comment

Ok..I rode it last week and must say I was entertained. I think it will be a great addition to Mickey's Toontown. Do I think it deserve the marquee position at DHS...no I don't. The trackless tech and projection mapping is amazing. While its great Mickey finally has an attraction devoted to him and a theme song that will get stuck in your head for days. I wouldn't call it an E ticket but a very solid D. Will it be well received in DL...of course. Is it something you can reride and see something new.. sure. It is good for what it is and families will enjoy as did I. My only gripe is it should have been placed in MK's Storybook Circus section of Fantasyland rather then replacing the GMR at DHS. Plus being a WDW fan, I kinda wished it would have stayed a WDW exclusive...but it's Mickey's first attraction and I'm sure it will be replicated in all the castle parks eventually.
                Last edited by N2dru; 03-15-2020, 09:53 PM.

Comment

I know I am late, but I rode the attraction and really like it. It is exactly what DHS needs, as the park has always had a shortage of dark rides. I have never been a fan of the style of animation they based the ride on, but it does work for the ride and there are some really unique technologies used.

I personally believe in scaling the ticket rating system for each park, so my new DHS scale is:
                  A: Swirling Saucers, MuppetVision
                  B: Toy Story Mania, Star Tours
                  C: Slinky Dog Dash, Runaway Railway
                  D: Rock n Roller Coaster, Smugglers Run
                  E: Tower of Terror, Rise of the Resistance

Comment

After all the hype and waiting in a hour and a half ride when it first opened... i was very disappointed in it. Dont get me wrong I love the trackless ride, and I love the effects. They are amazing.. but the ride is very blah... Left the ride just shrugging my shoulders and thinking... meh.. thats what they came up with? But this also comes from someone who hates the way the characters are drawn now. Simply hate it. They look awful. I do think kids will love it... but it so disappointly meh. It won't be a ride I go out of my way to ride. Dare I say... about as much as Journey into Imagination.

And wasn't Mickey's Musical Review in Disney world? Wouldn't that be Mickey's first attraction? Or even Philharmagic? Or do the promoters mean the first literal "ride" that stars Mickey?
                    Hey Disney Fans, come say hi to me on twitter at @blackiepueblo and listen to our free Entertainment Podcast "Studio Alley" http://www.newlineagestudios.com

Comment

The ride is a lot of fun and a solid addition to WDW! I think it will be even better in DL’s Toontown.

I don’t think it should have replaced The Great Movie Ride (especially since DHS is light on attractions), and I’m sad the original ride is gone.

But that doesn’t take away my enjoyment of this new ride. The ride tech is pretty cool and is now one of my favorite uses of projection mapping. There’s a lot of surprises and the ride has a lot of re-ridability to it with all of the Easter eggs and details...and just due to the ride vehicles themselves, your experiences will vary with multiple rides. I will agree that Mickey and Minnie look a little weird at the beginning in their car. On the flip side, there is an amazing AA of Pluto that absolutely warmed my heart. Finally, it has a really fun song and score, the likes of which haven’t been seen at a Disney park in quite some time. I find it to be an absolute delight!

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
                        nice article, thanks for sharing

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X