Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WDW should celebrate its 50th thru ALL of 2022.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDW should celebrate its 50th thru ALL of 2022.

Purists won't like this,
    but WDW should celebrate its 50th anniversary throughout all of 2021 and
    ALL of 2022.

The 50th year (especially the summer of 2021) will already be super-crowded, and now it'll be worse because some people who cannot go now will instead go then.

So celebrating in the summer of 2022 (which actually is the 50th anniversary of the first summer it was open) might help spread out the fun, crowds & revenue. (Note: Disney opened in October of 1971.)

Also, while I've got your 50th anniversary attention, I hope they have a 6 CD 50th anniversary collection similar to the excellent one Disneyland had in 2005.

And while I'm dreaming, I'd like a (shorter)--maybe paperback only--WDW version of Disneyland's Nickel Tour book--the history of the resort told through postcards, even though there haven't been that many postcards in the last 20 years.

And naturally I'd like a free Nickel Tour book,
    and 50th CD collection
    waiting for me in the Cinderella Castle Suite for my complimentary week there as a reward for these suggestions.

It's quite possible that the celebration will go into 2022. If my memory is correct, Disneyland 50th celebration last more than a year from May 2005 to December(ish) 2006. It was followed by A Year of a Million Dreams [Year 1 edition].

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
    And naturally I'd like a free Nickel Tour book,
    and 50th CD collection
    waiting for me in the Cinderella Castle Suite for my complimentary week there as a reward for these suggestions.
    Disney: "Thank you for your suggestions. As a gift we will give you a random Disney pressed penny.......
    What you expected? Something else?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
      It's quite possible that the celebration will go into 2022. If my memory is correct, Disneyland 50th celebration last more than a year from May 2005 to December(ish) 2006...

Disney: "Thank you for your suggestions. As a gift we will give you a random Disney pressed penny.......
      What you expected? Something else?!"
      Maybe a churro.

Comment

Another (weak) argument:

Since Disney is closed for many months in 2020, these months should be added to how long the 50th is celebrated
        because the 50th is a celebration of the time WDW has been open. So summer of 2023 too!

In 2023 they can have small print, "We're still celebrating that the resort is over 50 years old!"

Comment

Disneyland Resort celebrated their 50th for whet felt like three years, but I think it was two.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X