Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EPCOT's Mexico boat ride needs to go COCO ASAP!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPCOT's Mexico boat ride needs to go COCO ASAP!

I'm rewatching Coco and marveling at how great it looks--it's screaming out to be a dark ride,
    and with great music throughout the Three Caballeros could appear 2, 3 or 4 times in it.

A Mexican dark ride? Are you suggesting Disney add the Cartels to it? An element of danger perhaps? I say it's fine, it's cute, it's whimsical. It's the perfect ride to rest your tired feet when walking around world showcase.
    My wife is the rebel spy.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Scottie View Post
      A Mexican dark ride? Are you suggesting Disney add the Cartels to it?
      That escalated quick.

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
      I'm rewatching Coco and marveling at how great it looks--it's screaming out to be a dark ride,
      and with great music throughout the Three Caballeros could appear 2, 3 or 4 times in it.
      I agree. I can imagine it being a gorgeous boat ride too so the makeover just writes itself.
      The tv screens in this ride don't even try at all and we give Universal crap. This ride needs an update!
      Although, I'm not sure if this ride can handle a popular ride. They would have to do some serious reworking to fit a lot of people and a new queue that is already pretty limited in space.

DCA would be great with this ride as well. Pixar Pier is screaming for a water ride & Latin culture is already very popular here in Cali so I can't see it being anything but popular.

Comment

Originally posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
        That escalated quick.
        Sorry dark rides bring out my dark humor...
        My wife is the rebel spy.

Comment

A Coco retheme of the Three Caballeros boat ride has been rumored before. In my opinion, it makes so much sense that I am shocked they have not done it yet. The ride is completely underutilized in that is regularly has much lower wait times and demand compared to the other attractions at Epcot, and this perfectly fits the "More Disney" idea Chapek is pushing.

Comment

Let’s not forget WHERE the film Coco takes place. I’m not exactly keen with a Haunted Mansion ride for World Showcase. And as colourful as that film was (I did enjoy it) .... I’m not keen with this continued slippery slope of destroying originality, placemaking, adult feel, and cohesive themes in favor of more childish, randomising placed IPs. I wish Disney just threw their precious IPs into one new park .... and leave the eroding sophisticated feeling I loved about EPCOT, alone.
            MY SIGNATURE:
            Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
              Let’s not forget WHERE the film Coco takes place. I’m not exactly keen with a Haunted Mansion ride for World Showcase. And as colourful as that film was (I did enjoy it) .... I’m not keen with this continued slippery slope of destroying originality, placemaking, adult feel, and cohesive themes in favor of more childish, randomising placed IPs. I wish Disney just threw their precious IPs into one new park .... and leave the eroding sophisticated feeling I loved about EPCOT, alone.
              I am not sure if you took the right message from the movie if you view it as similar to the Haunted Mansion. While death is obviously present within the film, family and Mexican culture are both more prominent and those are perfect themes for a Mexico pavilion ride.

Comment

My only concern is I love being able to experience the different countries at the World Showcase and it worries me that the imagineers are starting to delete any thing that has to do with the actual culture of the an area just to add in and promote an animated film. It started with Frozen, a fun ride but there is no trace anymore of the culture of Norway anymore. I dont want the same thing to happen to Mexico. It's fine to add in characters but yes, update the cheap video monitors and really show how wonderful a country is.
                Hey Disney Fans, come say hi to me on twitter at @blackiepueblo and listen to our free Entertainment Podcast "Studio Alley" http://www.newlineagestudios.com

Comment

Originally posted by Blackie Pueblo View Post
                  My only concern is I love being able to experience the different countries at the World Showcase and it worries me that the imagineers are starting to delete any thing that has to do with the actual culture of the an area just to add in and promote an animated film. It started with Frozen, a fun ride but there is no trace anymore of the culture of Norway anymore. I dont want the same thing to happen to Mexico. It's fine to add in characters but yes, update the cheap video monitors and really show how wonderful a country is.
                  I don't think you can really argue that Coco doesn't have a trace of Mexican culture lol

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X