Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Springs

I'm sorry if there is already a topic i didn't see one recently. Since we are in lock down I've been doing reflecting. I'm just curious as to what everyone's opinion is now on Disney Springs. I mean my wife and I go and walk around but... we are not really that impressed with it. It just seem like another overpriced shopping area and sadly there is very few hints of Disney magic left.
    Hey Disney Fans, come say hi to me on twitter at @blackiepueblo and listen to our free Entertainment Podcast "Studio Alley" http://www.newlineagestudios.com

I miss Pleasure Island and especially the Adventurers Club but I remember what a mess it would turn into with the drunken disco crowd. I enjoy the dining options but it can get super crowded.
    My wife is the rebel spy.

Comment

The problem with Disney Springs is its inconvenience. The bus system, while great, is not ideal and not worth it for most guests after already using the system earlier in the day for the parks. This is why I love the Boardwalk area as it is convenient for Swan/Dolphin, Beach/Yacht, and Boardwalk guests, and it does not try and expand its reach beyond that scope. Disney Springs is convenient for Port Orleans, Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, and the nearby good neighbor hotel guests with the riverboats and walkways, but it is advertised for all WDW guests. City Walk at Universal works so well because it is adjacent to the parks, so it is super convenient for all parkgoers after being in the parks all day.

That all being said, it is definitely much nicer now than it was when it was Downtown Disney, but I still rarely visit unless I am staying at one of the area resorts.

Comment

I am a big fan of Disney Springs, we always set aside a couple hours each trip to visit. We always try to do one dinner there because there are so many great dining options.

Comment

Parts of Disney Springs, shops & eating establishments owned by third parties, will re-open on May 20:

https://people.com/travel/disney-exp...remain-closed/

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
            Parts of Disney Springs, shops & eating establishments owned by third parties, will re-open on May 20:

https://people.com/travel/disney-exp...remain-closed/
            And the Disney owned properties will reopen May 27.

Comment

Yeah but just be careful there. As that they can close if people do not social distance or wear masks.

Comment

I enjoy Disney Springs. I think Disney did a great job with the theme and there are some good restaurants at affordable prices.

Comment

This was on CNN.com. I pasted the first two paragraphs above the link.

(CNN).
                  "It's the latest Disney experience: waivers of Covid-19 liability for one and all! The novel coronavirus "is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death," Disney, while also reassuring that they have adopted "enhanced health and safety measures" now warns its potential customers: "By visiting Walt Disney World Resort, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure." A phased reopening of the shopping and dining area at Disney World is scheduled to begin May 20 and continue May 27.

"Disney will hardly be alone in issuing such a warning and advising customers that they assume the risk of entering. It's time to get used to seeing this kind of legal jargon frequently in your life, as businesses reopen across the country and try to find ways to shield themselves against potential lawsuits from patrons who might contract the novel coronavirus on their property..."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/18/opini...nig/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
                    This was on CNN.com. I pasted the first two paragraphs above the link.

(CNN).
                    "It's the latest Disney experience: waivers of Covid-19 liability for one and all! The novel coronavirus "is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death," Disney, while also reassuring that they have adopted "enhanced health and safety measures" now warns its potential customers: "By visiting Walt Disney World Resort, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure." A phased reopening of the shopping and dining area at Disney World is scheduled to begin May 20 and continue May 27.

"Disney will hardly be alone in issuing such a warning and advising customers that they assume the risk of entering. It's time to get used to seeing this kind of legal jargon frequently in your life, as businesses reopen across the country and try to find ways to shield themselves against potential lawsuits from patrons who might contract the novel coronavirus on their property..."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/18/opini...nig/index.html
                    I don't have a single problem with this. Because a lot of the same people who are screaming "Open open open" will also be the first to file a lawsuit if they contract Covid-19 and can possibly lay it at Disney's door.
                    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Glad to see Disney taking this issue so seriously, good! I’ll feel safer now whenever I go to the parks.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post

I don't have a single problem with this. Because a lot of the same people who are screaming "Open open open" will also be the first to file a lawsuit if they contract Covid-19 and can possibly lay it at Disney's door.
                        Totally agree.

I'm actually glad they are being very graphic in their warnings and also that they are using "industrial-looking" warning signs and spacer markings throughout Disney Springs.
                        At first I was annoyed that they didn't make things more "cutsie" and less forbidding looking, but after thinking it over, it seems really responsible that they are not down-playing the seriousness of the situation, but at the same time are trying to function in the new now.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X