X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANOTHER person breaks into Disney Parks

Seriously...
    We've had the guy in DCA and now this one:

Disney World has been closed since mid-March as the world faces the coronavirus pandemic. One man saw the closure as an opportunity to turn a Disney island into his personal campsite, but that didn't last long.

Richard McGuire, 42, from Mobile, Alabama was arrested on April 30 after camping on Walt Disney World's Discovery Island, according to an arrest report acquired by USA TODAY. He was banned from all Disney properties and charged with a misdemeanor for trespassing.

Orange County officers conducted a search by foot, boat and helicopter and eventually found him.

He had been sleeping in one of the island's buildings and referred to the property as a “tropical paradise,” according to the arrest report.

"Richard stated that he had made entry to the island to go camping on Monday or Tuesday and had planned on staying on the island for approximately one week," Robert Ricks, an Orange County police officer, wrote in the report.
    Oh, but here is the real gem:

McGuire also told Ricks that he was "unaware" that he was trespassing when he was on the property.

However, there were multiple "no trespassing" and "private property" signs on and near the island.
    Why do I feel like the Cruise Line Ships is going to be next with this nonsense?
    Richard McGuire, 42, from Mobile, Alabama was arrested after camping on Walt Disney World's Discovery Island.

Yikes that Island has being abandoned since 1999, I have seen pictures online and the place looks like an alligator or a snake could appear at anytime don't sound like a paradise to me, not sure how that man reached the island I assume in some raft
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire-Light View Post
      Yikes that Island has being abandoned since 1999, I have seen pictures online and the place looks like an alligator or a snake could appear at anytime don't sound like a paradise to me, not sure how that man reached the island I assume in some raft
      Im not condoning this at all but I'm impressed that he did it. There is a vid or two of people who have snuck on the island and I saw one where a young man and his friends did this. They took a raft at night to the island then set up a tent and slept in of one of the buildings. The next morning they explored the island. Most of it is all over grown but it is facinating how much stuff The Disney Company literally just abandoned there. Papers, pamphlets, maps, desks, signs and more.
      Hey Disney Fans, come say hi to me on twitter at @blackiepueblo and listen to our free Entertainment Podcast "Studio Alley" http://www.newlineagestudios.com

Comment

I just caught the tail end of this story on a local news channel (in Los Angeles), and they showed a picture of this!!!
        Click image for larger version

Name:	350px-DiscoveryIsland.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	8618139
        (For those who don't get it, after the "Discovery Island" nature preserve, where the guy was camping, closed in the 90s, they re-purposed the name and used it for the area in the then recently opened DAK that was originally called "Safari Village", Nobody at the station must have known that, It was "Spectrum News". Maybe someone will contact them.)

Comment

If he'd snuck in & out of the suite in Cinderella's Castle & slept there for a week I'd be impressed.
          Last edited by jcruise86; 05-10-2020, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X