Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDW Hotels staggered reopening (CHAT)

While WDW is reopening 1st in America, their hotels reopenings will be delayed out.

According to WDW Today, some hotels will not reopen til late summer or even Fall. In addition, not all hotels have no reopening dates yet.

Some of this is due to WDW hosting the NBA. At the moment, The Grand Floridian, The Yacht Club and The Coronado Springs' Destino Tower, will be reserved for NBA players & Families, with the Destino Tower being the primary location.

UPDATED SEPTEMBER 21TH, 2020
    Hotels Schedule:
    REOPENED
    • -Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
    • -Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
    • Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at --
    • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
    • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
    • Disney’s Beach Club Villas
    • Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
    • Disney’s Contemporary Resort
    • Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
    • Disney’s Old Key West Resort
    • Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
    • Disney’s Pop Century Resort
    • Disney’s Riviera Resort
    • Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
    • The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
    • Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
    • Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
    • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
    FUTURE REOPENINGS

October 14th:
    Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort

November 1st: Disney Art of Animation Resort

2021: Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort

Currently, no date provided:
    Disney’s All-Stars Resorts
    Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter and Riverside
    Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge (non-DVC)
    Disney's Beach Club Resort
    Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
    I'm honestly surprised that they are reopening with only a few hotels. I can't help if the '2nd Wave' and the 2020 Hurricane Season, are also adding into the factors.
    The hotels located inside Walt Disney World Resort have offically announced their reopening dates.
    Last edited by Spongeocto4; 09-21-2020, 12:13 PM.

FYI, the NBA layout plan, where it also looks like the Bay Lake Tower will be reserved for Teams to practice at.
    Where are the NBA teams going to stay? This map shows the locations

Comment

The staggered opening makes perfect sense. It's going to be a while before attendance level get anywhere near close to what they were so there is no point in opening hotels and have them half empty.

Comment

Howdy folks!

I just called Disney Reservations and got through to a live person after about just 5 to ten minutes of pleasant hold music.
        (I spoke with her at about 5pm Pacific Time on Saturday, June 27, 2020.)

It sounded like Spongocto4 is correct. They have NOT released hotel rooms for August of 2021 yet at Port Orleans.

Please share here if you learn that rooms have become available.

Thank you, spongeocto4, for starting this thread!

TTFN

P.S. Maybe WDW is deliberately using using Cartman's "No you can't come!" way of increasing demand. Now I want to go, COVID-19 permitting.

Comment

Yeah as really hope that they will find ways to open. And in the find ways to social distance or that of separating of the rooms one from the other. Know what I mean.

Comment

I posted update for the thread. Many of the villas have reopened, along with Fort Wilderness lodge.

Comment

I have been dilligently saving for a Disney trip. Maybe by the time the parks get closer to their old normal, I can stay in a monorail resort. It's always great to be close to the MK, my favorite resort. Might take a few years, but I can wait.
              BarbaraAnn

Comment

New update: Caribbean Beach is set to reopen tomorrow. However the Polynesian has been delayed to October, while Art of Animation has been delayed til November.

In addition, the Beach Club and Boardwalk Resorts reopenings have been halted, with no new reopening dates given for the moment. Yacht Club will still reopen on August 24th.

Status on the other Resorts have remained the same.

Comment

I just checked on prices for rooms at the Polynesian Resort in October.... the CHEAPEST room with a standard view is $700 USD per night

Comment

That is a lot of money per night at $700 there wow!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X