Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make non-DVC 2020 WDW resort reservation - attend a conference (My Experience)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make non-DVC 2020 WDW resort reservation - attend a conference (My Experience)

So, long story long. Been a fan of WDW since the early 1970s. We are currently DVC members and Annual Passholders (non-Florida residents). We had to cancel our DVC trip from earlier this month, and I was trying to figure out a replacement trip for later this year. I have frequently done conferences at WDW (and a few at Disneyland), which gives the conference attendee:

1) cheaper rates on WDW (and Disneyland resort) hotel rooms
    2) cheaper prices on tickets (and partial day "conference" tickets)
    3) +/- parking included at your resort
    4) a business expense for the LEGITIMATE part of your travel and stay

Looking at the conference schedule, I recently found one in Fall 2020 at WDW resort. The company I use was still listing the conference as a "go" for the Fall. By first booking the conference through the (non-Disney) company website, THEN following their link to the WDW resort conference resort room booking page, the WDW Reservation system allowed me to book my room at a reduced rate. Disney took the first night's deposit... and wala, it showed up in my Disney Experience app! Even though non-DVC Disney resorts are NOT currently accepting any new reservations for 2020, apparently conference block rooms are still available as long as you are an attendee.

So I quickly linked our tickets to the hotel reservation, and today (Monday June 22, 2020) I logged-on to make park reservations for our length of hotel stay, and it worked!

I've checked several times today, to make sure everything looks right. It's all there.

Orlando area is a half day drive for us, so we are considering driving to help save on $$$.

SO... get creative, search online for "Walt Disney World conferences 2020" in your field of work or interest/hobby, and see what's available. It may work out for you!
    Last edited by chris2fett; 06-22-2020, 05:20 PM.

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X