Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50th won't start till Oct. of 2021 -- Orlando Weekly

An article that came out today made me think that WDW's 50th Anniversary might not be as impressive as Disneyland's 50th was.

According to this article, they won't start celebrating it till Oct. of 2021, so there might just be one summer of celebration.

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/...-some-projects

Will there be a film like the one Steve Martin and Donald Duck hosted for Disneyland's 50th?

At Disneyland, the Golden Horseshoe Revue was temporarily revived. Will the Diamond Horseshoe Revue return at the Magic Kingdom?

If Disney has good defense attorneys, how about bringing in those two shocking machines from Main Street's Penny Arcade?

And I loved the 6 CD collection of recordings Disneyland sold in a red box.

Disney should step up Tron Coaster construction! That will bring in guests.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 08-19-2020, 05:06 PM.

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
    [COLOR=#000000]An article that came out today made me think that WDW's 50th Anniversary might not be as impressive as Disneyland's 50th was.

According to this article, they won't start celebrating it till Oct. of 2021, so there might just be one summer of celebration.
    ...Which is pretty much what they did for the 25th. That celebration kicked off on October 1st, 1996 and ended January 31st, 1998. So it only ran for one Summer (1997). Not exactly earth shattering news.

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post

Will there be a film like the one Steve Martin and Donald Duck hosted for Disneyland's 50th?

At Disneyland, the Golden Horseshoe Revue was temporarily revived. Will the Diamond Horseshoe Revue return at the Magic Kingdom?

If Disney has good defense attorneys, how about bringing in those two shocking machines from Main Street's Penny Arcade?

And I loved the 6 CD collection of recordings Disneyland sold in a red box.

Disney should step up Tron Coaster construction! That will bring in guests.
    Disneyland also had a parade, fireworks, and the gold ride vehicles on the "opening day" attractions. But Magic Kingdom, I think, had a LOT more major attractions on opening day. I'm really not seeing a gold Haunted Mansion "doom buggy". As far as Tron Lightcycle Power Run, I think it is still slated for a 2021 opening, along with "Guardians Of The Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind". Also, Ratatouille will still have been open for less than a year, and Galaxy's Edge and Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway will both be less than 2 years old. If the travel industry has somewhat recovered by then, there will be no shortage of new things to boost attendance. I'm hoping it's not too much of a "cookie cutter" of what Disneyland did, and it probably won't be.

Comment

*Thread title should say 2021*

It still seems like they have a decent amount for 50th. That being said, I think there was chatter about the Mary Poppins ride being canceled before the outbreak, but let's Disney spin that tale.

I think the rumor about the GotG ride being delayed is laughable. They can easily shoot the scenes before production even takes place. The movies are not even filmed in Hollywood, with the last movie being shot in Atlanta and Canada!

Good to see we have a tentative release date for GotG 3(although this likely means either Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2 or Ant-Man 3 might be delayed because of it).

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
        *Thread title should say 2021*. . .
        Micechat moderators rule! (They fixed it. Thank you!)
        Last edited by jcruise86; 08-19-2020, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
        Working...
        X