Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! I Need Tips for Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Spot!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! I Need Tips for Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Spot!

For my family's upcoming trip to WDW / DHS, I see that there are only 2 times in the day when Boarding Groups are available online for registration. 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM, right?

Since DHS opens at 10:00 AM, and you have to be "ticketed in" / inside the turnstiles, how does this work?

1) Do they let you into the park BEFORE 10:00AM? If so, where do you stand / wait since the rest of the park is closed?
    2) I've heard that I should have every member of my family with a cell phone try to get a Boarding Group?
    3) I've heard, turn OFF your phone WiFi, and use your data instead for a better connection
    4) Do you go to the DHS park app, then find the boarding group page, click on members of your party, and... what next?
    5) Is there a CountDown on the app that shows you when it will be ready to start?

1.So make sure all members of your party have entered the park for the day.
    2. Make sure all of your party's tickets/passes are added onto the My Disney Experience app. (Can be done before your visit)
    3. Its good idea that all your party tries to obtain Boarding Passes with their own phones. Each will need to sign into their Disney account and add the other member's tickets onto their accounts.
    4. Check to see what is faster, the Disney WIFI or your cell phone service.
    5. Try to move as far away from other people. Should help improve your cell phone service.
    6. Keep checking Availability screen and then cycling back to the main screen until the Obtain Boarding Pass button lights up.
    7. Move through the screens as fast as possible.
    8. If one member gets in, other members can keep trying until the Boarding Group Number is displayed.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Comment

Thank you for the quick response. I’ve watched a couple of videos online to see what the optimal tricks would be.

how soon do let they let you through the gate before “rope drop” ?

I was wondering, if we are driving by car, and the park opens at 10 o’clock, how soon do they let you in through the parking security gate to park in the lot ? We are staying on property but not a skyliner resort so it’s either bus or private vehicle to get there. The buses don’t run till after 9 o’clock and I’m afraid that’s going to get us there pretty late trying to get through security, etc before 10 am.

Comment

Try going mid-week or a non-busy day of the week, as there will be less crowds. Arrive early as possible.

If you get picked for a backup group, don't lose hope. You may still get picked, so just enjoy your time in the park.

Finally, make sure your phone is charged up or can be charged during the day. This is very important. If you do get picked, you will need your Disney app open to scan everyone in.

Good Luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by chris2fett View Post
          Thank you for the quick response. I’ve watched a couple of videos online to see what the optimal tricks would be.

how soon do let they let you through the gate before “rope drop” ?

I was wondering, if we are driving by car, and the park opens at 10 o’clock, how soon do they let you in through the parking security gate to park in the lot ? We are staying on property but not a skyliner resort so it’s either bus or private vehicle to get there. The buses don’t run till after 9 o’clock and I’m afraid that’s going to get us there pretty late trying to get through security, etc before 10 am.
          Not sure now (I haven't been since the restrictions), but we went at the end of January and we took an Uber (we were staying off resort for a conference) to the front gates about an hour before park opening.

They opened up the gates for us about 30 minutes before rope drop, but they had security open before that. Once through security, there was a BIG group of people (basically from security to the gates) waiting for them to start letting people in. When they opened up, we chose THE slowest line ever and we finally got through the gates with about 10 minutes to spare! We went over to Toy Story Land and there was already a large group ready to get on Slinky Dog, so we waited in that line and tried for our reservations there. You have to be fast! When the park "officially" opens, you (all of your party!) need to start spamming the reservation!

I know things will be different now (not as many people and the social distancing), so it will be interesting to see how they handle the crowds in the morning.

Facebook | Zazzle site | Twitter | Redbubble

Comment

Got back 2 weeks ago. Thanks for all of your tips! We were able to get Boarding Group 43 at 10:00 AM with a 3 hour return window (i.e. show up at 1:00pm). The ride was really good, but the finale Kylo Ren was in "B" mode so we saw the screen TIE Fighter version instead. My family loved the attraction!

BTW, the parks felt VERY CROWDED while we were there.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X