Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DRK Aritlce- 11/26- World's Finest- Epcot Center (a MiceChat partner site)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRK Aritlce- 11/26- World's Finest- Epcot Center (a MiceChat partner site)

This thread brought to you by MiceChat partner site, Disney Resorts Kingdom

Hello everyone at MiceChat. This is Luke Manning, co-founder & owner of DisneyResortsKingdom.com! I'm now an official MiceChat partner site! Every Monday, Wednesday, & Friday we offer articles about anything to do with Disney. And it just so happens that our first article published with us being a part of MiceChat, is about Walt Disney World. We also offer 2 different podcasts, whose discussion forum will be held elsewhere on MiceChat!

Today, we present Part 1 of 4, in a series by Tom Corless, called "World's Finest". Which will take a look at the best & worst attractions, restaurants, etc. in each of the 4 Walt Disney World parks. And we're going to start it all off this time, with Epcot Center.

You can find this article here;
    http://disneyresortskingdom.com/article019.aspx
    Last edited by Luke Manning; 11-26-2007, 02:19 PM.

Re: DRK Aritlce- 11/26- World's Finest- Epcot Center (a MiceChat partner site)

Just a reminder that I wrote this article for the now defunct Mouse Hoiuse News and the views expressed in the article are simply my opinions. Hope everyone enjoys!!!
    Webmaster of WDW News Today
    Host of the WDW News Today Podcast
    Visit us at

Comment

Originally posted by Imaginationeer View Post
      Just a reminder that I wrote this article for the now defunct Mouse Hoiuse News and the views expressed in the article are simply my opinions. Hope everyone enjoys!!!
      Also please note that Tom did write this article a few months ago, so some things might be a bit dated, like with the Fountain View.

Comment

Just one addendum--you mention Energy being the only other classic attraction besides SSE. But Living with the Land is very much as it was in 1982. The only changes are the opening scene and the finale. Originally, the opening was the Symphony of the Seed scene with an instrumental version of Listen to the Land, and the finale---which had a different scene and featured the theme song as well. The canned narration changed when the ride went from Listen to Living with the Land, and of course there aren't boat guides anymore.

But all of the other show scenes---the rainforest, the desert, the prairie, the farmhouse, the barn theaters 1 and 2, and the greenhouses and aquacell are all the same as they were in 1982. Which makes me think Living with the Land (and SSE) are the most similiar Future World attractions to their 1982 counterparts. Energy...not so much.

Comment

Wouldn't Impressions de France be a classic attraction? It may be a movie, but I thought it opened also with Epcot.

Anyway - I think all the table service is wrong. Best table service in Epcot - Japan, and special mention to Morocco because I think it's terribly underrated. Coral Reef, Mexico, Alfredos the week before closing - not so much.

Worst - I haven't been to Mexico in a while because I wasn't impressed, but I get so much negative feedback on that one, I'll have to go with it. Le Cellier also wasn't good the two times I was there in September. I'm not sure it'd be worst, but very disappointing after many good years of meals and service.

Counter service - worst, WORST: It's a tie between Electric Umbrella and America. Oklahoma during the Food and Wine Festival proved that we do have great American food. Disney continues to push junk. (and more dishonorable mention to those new buildings with turkey legs and hot dogs). Blah.

Best - Sunshine Seasons is good but pricey. Morocco is where I go for a snack (cous cous). They also have good desserts. If I want an actual meal, I usually walk to the Boardwalk for a slice of pizza at the Spoodles window.

Shopping -

Worst - Mousegear. Same stuff you can find in every park and resort.

Best - Nearly any store in World Showcase. I do love the perfume store in France as well as the Norway shop has lotion you can try on that smells very nice.

Entertainment -

Worst - nothing I can think of. Overrated - Off Kilter. How many times can one hear "Summer of 69"? I didn't like the song to begin with very much, and I definitely don't now.

Best - Illuminations. The BEST nighttime attraction that I have ever seen, anywhere. Great music, great show. Behind that, the Chinese acrobats.

Attraction -

Best - The old version Spaceship Earth (still holding judgement on the new until done), and Impressions de France. I finally saw the new Canada movie and enjoyed it.

Worst - Mission Space. I don't get sick on it, but don't really care for it one way or another. Gran Fiesta, a big disappointment to me after the original ride.

Future World Pavillion -

The Best - The Land. Decent food, it has Soarin AND The Land Boat Ride. Also a terrific tour in Behind the Seeds.

The Worst - Wonders of Life, for being closed. I really enjoyed it.

World Showcase pavillion -

Best - Canada. It's a gorgeous pavillion with lots of flowers and landscaping.

Worst - I don't have a worst.
          Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
          I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
          on Bay Lake.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X