Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney, DON'T bring back 180-day in advance restaurant reservations!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney, DON'T bring back 180-day in advance restaurant reservations!

I hope Disney doesn't bring back 180-day in advance restaurant reservations, I don't want to plan out which park I'll be visiting each day 6 months from now.

We went to Paris in the summer of 2019 & it was less of a hassle to plan than our trip to Disney World two years earlier. Thankfully, Universal Orlando gets this.

Completely agree.

I am planner and I consider part of the vacation to be the enjoyment and anticipation of planning. However, that only extends so far. The farther you are away from the trip, the more it feels like work. The more stress it adds because you did things “too late”.

Comment

I do like the onsite advantage of being able to make ADRs earlier than others can, so I'm good with bringing back 180 days. It's easy enough to cancel them if you decide to do a different park on a particular day (before park reservations, that is).
      "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
        I do like the onsite advantage of being able to make ADRs earlier than others can, so I'm good with bringing back 180 days. It's easy enough to cancel them if you decide to do a different park on a particular day (before park reservations, that is).
        We can still keep the advanced booking for quests, make it 90 days for people at the hotels and keep it 60 for everyone else. Three months is more than enough. I know we did the 180 days for our last trip and then spent a bunch of days swapping restaurants closer to our travel dates as the park hours kept changing and we added one of the after hours parties.

Comment

Originally posted by Flarson View Post

We can still keep the advanced booking for quests, make it 90 days for people at the hotels and keep it 60 for everyone else. Three months is more than enough. I know we did the 180 days for our last trip and then spent a bunch of days swapping restaurants closer to our travel dates as the park hours kept changing and we added one of the after hours parties.
          Good! But I'd rather go 60 for Disney hotel guests, 40 for everyone else,
          or better yet 40 for Disney hotel guests and 20 for everyone else. And no wait or reservation required for major celebrities,
          former Jungle Cruise Guides, & teachers.

(Sorry I'm excluding school administrators & everyone else! Lines must be drawn.)

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
            Did they change something? The last time I was at Disney World (Feb. 2020), hotel guests could make Fastpass reservations earlier than others, but anyone could make restaurant reservations 180 days in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by DanaJ View Post

Did they change something? The last time I was at Disney World (Feb. 2020), hotel guests could make Fastpass reservations earlier than others, but anyone could make restaurant reservations 180 days in advance.

For some reason I had resort guests 180, offsite guests 90 in my head. But reading your post is jogging my memory and you are right. But honestly, this last trip (May 2021) was the first time I actually had problems getting the ADRs I wanted. I'm sure the shortage of eateries & the 60 day limit had something to do with it, but I don't think it would be a bad idea to have resort guests have an earlier ADR date than non-resort guests. Maybe 90 days vs 60. I certainly wish they'd do away with the 180, except perhaps for Signature and Character dining. I don't know where/what I want to eat two days from now, let alone 6 months!
              Last edited by Stormy; 06-19-2021, 12:20 PM.
              "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X