• Show
Clear All

I can see spending the money on this if :
    1. I win the lottery or
    2. I get diagnosed with terminal cancer

(and I don't play the lottery, so....)
    L + L = R

Comment

It's official, Disney has priced me out. This is the worst "cash grab" I've seen from Disney so far.
      My wife is the rebel spy.

Comment

I liked the genuinely nearly horrified reaction to the price at 24 minute into this Youtube video:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyQPbMaT9Iw&t=2s

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Exactly. And now it's up to the Chapek regime to deliver on the hype. But when has the Chapek regime done anything other than cut back on what its hype promised?

From the budget-slashing of Star Wars Land to the cheaptastic cheapout of DLR's Avengers Campus, his management style and that of his team is all about maximizing profits by maximizing the price and minimizing the product.
          Contrasting this Star Wars Hotel with Universal Orlando's moderately priced but excellently themed Cabana Bay Resort says a lot about the leaders of these companies. Go Universal!

Comment

My head feels like spinning in 360 degrees. It's too pricy and I don't know if it will be worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyduck View Post
              My head feels like spinning in 360 degrees. . .
              Then I suggest Universal's Horror Nights because The Exorcist maze will return this year.
              Maybe wear a Small World doll T-shirt, so you and Regan can celebrate both Mary & Linda Blair as your heads spin together!

Comment

How about this as an alternative: $1,000 for four days at the most North Korea-like place in the world outside of North Korea. It's one of the least visited places on earth & sounds a LOT more interesting than that $4,800 to $6,000, 2 night Star Wars hotel experience at Disney World. I got to visit Russia back when it was in the USSR & that was pretty mind blowing -- this could be like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmIa...JQhU_3uO-ygVqE

And this one is about the country it's in:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nSoQt9LAGg

Comment

$6000!!? Disney has become a joke.

“Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them so many years of our own lives.”

DL Trips: '58, '59, '61, '65, '66, '67, '68x2, '69x2, '70x2, '71x2, '73x2, '74x2, '75x2, '76x2, '77, '78,x2, '79x2, '80x2, '81, '82, '83, '88, '89x3, '90x2, '91, '93, '94, '95x2, '96, '97, '98x4, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07x2, '08, '09x2, '10, '11, '13
                  WDW Trips: '81
                  EPCOT Trips: '93
                  Tokyo DL Trips: '86

Comment

Here's a much better option for the $$$:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 9.04.36 AM.png
Views:	139
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	8651455

Comment

May the fleece be with you.
                      (or farce.)

And here's a rant (actually he's English, so he's calm, polite & eloquent) about Disney World prices in general:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W2ZZUxza24

I feel a little bit sorry for rich kids whose parents would take them on this 44-hour Star Wars experience INSTEAD
                      of ever taking them to Asia or Europe.

Rather than the 2-night Star Wars motel,
                      if you still want Disney, spend a week in
                      Paris and spend one day at the original Disneyland Paris park (SKIP the studios park at D.land Paris), or go to Tokyo & visit Japan's two Disney parks -- one day each.

I expect that many wealthy friends of those who do this Star Wars expensive will be curious, but think "How stupid" that this was how they spent $5,000.

Finally (for this hour), Disney will roll out the red carpet, & the best chefs & actors when the Vloggers stay at this at this hotel over the first week or two, but after 6 months when reservations are sold out for the next year, do you trust Bob to not increase profits by cutting back?

Random closing thoughts:
                      Maybe this resort will only have to stay open for two years to make a profit.
                      Maybe many of those coming to this will also spend another $5,000 over a few more nights at WDW.
                      And maybe, this will become one-night and one day (no overnight) experiences later on.
                      jcruise86
                      former CM
                      Last edited by jcruise86; 12-12-2021, 12:40 AM.

Comment

I'm guessing Chapek doesn't come across articles like this--but I hope I'm incorrect.

https://www.sfgate.com/disneyland/ar...l-16695226.php

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X