Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yak and Yeti ...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yak and Yeti ...

    ... is now taking PS effective immediately. Just in case anyone's hungry!

  • #2
    Re: Yak and Yeti ...

    They started in the past couple of days, which is good - because they haven't looked too busy when I have passed by.
    Denise

    www.mousesteps.com




    Favorite TDL Typo:

    Originally posted by TDLFAN
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Yak and Yeti ...

      I'm sure many folks don't even know they're open.

      But I'd rather have a place that you can walk up to than one that you need to book six months ahead!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Yak and Yeti ...

        Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post
        I'm sure many folks don't even know they're open.

        But I'd rather have a place that you can walk up to than one that you need to book six months ahead!
        I saw a lot of people looking at the menu and walking right past (last week). The park was very crowded, the restaurant wasn't either time we went by.

        I also prefer a walk-up type restaurant.
        Denise

        www.mousesteps.com




        Favorite TDL Typo:

        Originally posted by TDLFAN
        I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
        on Bay Lake.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Yak and Yeti ...

          Especially a place that looks as inviting and interesting as here. I can't wait to try it out when I finally get back to WDW!
          It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Yak and Yeti ...

            Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
            I saw a lot of people looking at the menu and walking right past (last week). The park was very crowded, the restaurant wasn't either time we went by.

            I also prefer a walk-up type restaurant.
            I am sure the menu seems absolutely 'out there' to the typical WDW chicken fingers, burger and plain pizza crowd.

            As to quick serve, the park has plenty of fine options (like Flame Tree and Pizzafari and Tusker ... oops, they ruined that last one).

            It was sadly lacking a full serve locale.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Yak and Yeti ...

              Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post
              I am sure the menu seems absolutely 'out there' to the typical WDW chicken fingers, burger and plain pizza crowd.

              As to quick serve, the park has plenty of fine options (like Flame Tree and Pizzafari and Tusker ... oops, they ruined that last one).

              It was sadly lacking a full serve locale.
              Not taking the DDE is a downside, not sure if they are taking DDP right now. I think they are, but I don't know for sure (the first day, they didn't seem to know what they were taking).

              We bypassed it last week and had a nice meal at Flame Tree.
              Denise

              www.mousesteps.com




              Favorite TDL Typo:

              Originally posted by TDLFAN
              I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
              on Bay Lake.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Yak and Yeti ...

                Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                Especially a place that looks as inviting and interesting as here. I can't wait to try it out when I finally get back to WDW!
                It's a nice restaurant, well worth a visit. I don't do lots of table service at Disney, but it's somewhere I'd go every year or two.
                Denise

                www.mousesteps.com




                Favorite TDL Typo:

                Originally posted by TDLFAN
                I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                on Bay Lake.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Yak and Yeti ...

                  Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                  Not taking the DDE is a downside, not sure if they are taking DDP right now. I think they are, but I don't know for sure (the first day, they didn't seem to know what they were taking).

                  We bypassed it last week and had a nice meal at Flame Tree.

                  The DRC CM I spoke with today said it was part of the DDP one credit, even when I told her we weren't on the plan. So, it would appear to be.

                  I have heard told that APers get 10% off, but who knows if that is true.

                  I went to Fulton's earlier this year for lunch and APers are supposed to get 20% according to the Disney AP entitlement list, but they were only going to give me 10% because even their manager wasn't informed by Disney or Levy corporate (which runs the place) that this discount existed. He said there was a 10% AP discount, 20% cast discount and 30% DVC discount. But when I showed him the thing in writing he gladly rang it up as a cast discount.

                  I guess what this basically says is Disney's left hand doesn't know what the right is doing , and it's even worse when outside vendors are involved.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Yak and Yeti ...

                    I was surprised when I saw Fultons at 20%, because I thought it was only supposed to be 10%. It would be nice if Yak and Yeti would at least take the 10%, but better if Disney would get things right the first time (DDE has been causing a lot of trouble lately).
                    Denise

                    www.mousesteps.com




                    Favorite TDL Typo:

                    Originally posted by TDLFAN
                    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                    on Bay Lake.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Yak and Yeti ...

                      Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post
                      ... is now taking PS effective immediately. Just in case anyone's hungry!
                      Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                      They started in the past couple of days, which is good - because they haven't looked too busy when I have passed by.
                      And I was told December 4th! :rant:


                      BUT... in the Dining CM's defense he DID say that I'd probably be able to get this information on unofficial Disney sites before they know or it's listed online. Go firgure. :cwink:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Yak and Yeti ...

                        Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
                        And I was told December 4th! :rant:


                        BUT... in the Dining CM's defense he DID say that I'd probably be able to get this information on unofficial Disney sites before they know or it's listed online. Go firgure. :cwink:
                        Disney was going to start taking them December 3rd for dates January 4th and later (or something like that). I was told by a Disney cast member (several) before it made the rounds on the sites.

                        But that has changed - I would guess due to not yet having enough business (a lot of guests make their dining plans ahead now).
                        Denise

                        www.mousesteps.com




                        Favorite TDL Typo:

                        Originally posted by TDLFAN
                        I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                        on Bay Lake.

                        Comment

                        Ad Widget

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X