Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Characters

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Characters

    Again, sorry for the post under Disney Land. Share your favorite character experiences here.

    I went to the 07 MNSSHP and it was pretty cool.

    Cruella
    She was beyond cool! I walked up to her saying I'd take that fur coat of hers and burn it. She hence decided to nickname me "pyro". Had to go back to get one last picture later on that night. I told her who needs Mickey Mouse when you got Cruella Deville. "Please, Mickey who? is what I say."

    Jack Sparrow
    Same trip but not during MNSSHP.
    I've seen pictures of Jack on the 'Net and saw the Pirate show outside of POTC a year ago, but this Jack WAS Jack. In both looks and mannerisms. There was a girl in front of me about 8 years old with cute Tinker Bell hair and was afraid of him! ^_^
    Her dad took her out and Jack yells to her, "hey! birdy hair! where are you going?"
    I walk up to Jack and say "hello Jack how are you?"
    Jack:Fine mate, thanks.
    Me:Ummm, you do realize Davy Jones is behind you, correct?
    His facial expression was priceless. He does a 180 turn, looks at me, and says "that wasn't funny mate. just for that, no picture"
    Of course I got the picture, but man, I don't think Disney World will ever be able to get a better Jack Sparrow(at least in my opinion) without Johnny Depp himself.

    I'll share more later.
    Emily Osment- She's a Cutie

  • #2
    Re: Characters

    I think I've seen that Jack before. A total ringer for Depp in the makeup. Had the voice and mannerisms down pat too.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Characters

      ORDDU: Once again, I really can't talk much about my own best experience with a character. I can only say it involved an elephant's trunk, a huge log and my favorite man in a loin cloth--while Jane was out of town...

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Characters

        Originally posted by aimster View Post
        I think I've seen that Jack before. A total ringer for Depp in the makeup. Had the voice and mannerisms down pat too.
        Are you talking about this Jack? He is awesome!



        This photo cracks me up everytime I look at it. My daughter and I were watching the Pirate Tutorial and I'm snapping away taking pictures. When all of a sudden Jack comes up to me and touches my cheek and goes, "Hello lovely." TOTALLY caught me off guard and I went, "Oh! Hello!..." :lol:

        My daughter teases me about it to this day and always tells me, "Remember that time when Jack touched your cheek and you giggled so hard mommy?" :lol:

        Here is a better photo of him but your right, the looks and the mannerisms are DEAD on.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Characters

          Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
          ORDDU: Once again, I really can't talk much about my own best experience with a character. I can only say it involved an elephant's trunk, a huge log and my favorite man in a loin cloth--while Jane was out of town...
          just picturing you two gives me tingles I have alot of fond character memories but my favorite one was the mother's day brunch this past may. It had a pirate and princess theme and mickey and minnie were there along with the infamous capt jack. and boy did he have the character down pat. He flirted with me and my daughter and had me laughing so hard they could barely take our picture. he also informed my daughter that he was there all day so she could come back and see him anytime and then gave her a wink and a big hug. must admit he has my pulse racing.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Characters

            whoa!!! THAT's a good Jack.

            two favs...in May, my family was watching the pirate tutorial, and a little girl chosen chickened out....Jack himself asked where the cute little girl in pink was...bring her up. That would be my daughter, and being the HUGE Jack fan that I am, I was SOOO happy!!! They go through the whole thing, and when it's her turn to sword fight, I got worried. See, my daugher....NEVER shuts up. For this reason, we had joked about if she got chosen to do anything like this.....how the character would handle it. Jack and Mack handled it SOO well, it had us in stitches. She first told Jack that she had rode his ride, and him and Mack made a big fuss over that. Then, in typical 4 year old speech, she mumbled something about cannons and skulls..and Mack asked if she'd had "the funny brownies". Jack stood patiently in classic Jack pose, hand on chin, listening. When she mumbled something else, Jack turned to Mack and pointed to her and said "I'm not going to repeat what I think she just said, mate." Everybody roared with laughter. Great memory.


            The other has a back story. We've been to WDW 4 times since 2005, and on the first trip, my 2 year old fell in love with Dopey. That was her first souvenir, a Dopey doll, which she carried around devotely. On EVERY single trip, we tried SO hard to meet Dopey, but, the closest we got, was when he came up to her during the MGM parade in May and gave her a hug. Our most recent trip was in Oct. This was a special trip, because, since we were moving even further from Florida, we had no idea when we'd make it back. During a day at Epcot, we promised her a trip to the little playgroung past Germany.....when we turned the corner....there was Dopey!!! It was such a special moment.....brings tears to my eyes. She was SOO excited...she ran up, and he bent down and gave her a HUGE hug and just let her hold on as long as she wanted. She even gave him a kiss on the nose!!! That was one time I was thrilled to have a Disney photographer there....he caught the moment of the nose kiss perfectly...and it now sits on the shelf in her room.



            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Characters

              Originally posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
              The other has a back story. We've been to WDW 4 times since 2005, and on the first trip, my 2 year old fell in love with Dopey. That was her first souvenir, a Dopey doll, which she carried around devotely. On EVERY single trip, we tried SO hard to meet Dopey, but, the closest we got, was when he came up to her during the MGM parade in May and gave her a hug. Our most recent trip was in Oct. This was a special trip, because, since we were moving even further from Florida, we had no idea when we'd make it back. During a day at Epcot, we promised her a trip to the little playgroung past Germany.....when we turned the corner....there was Dopey!!! It was such a special moment.....brings tears to my eyes. She was SOO excited...she ran up, and he bent down and gave her a HUGE hug and just let her hold on as long as she wanted. She even gave him a kiss on the nose!!! That was one time I was thrilled to have a Disney photographer there....he caught the moment of the nose kiss perfectly...and it now sits on the shelf in her room.
              That's a wonderful story, i'm so pleased your daughter got to meet Dopey at last and she has the photo to remember it by
              I hope you get to return to WDW again soon


              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Characters

                Thank you!! we hope we get to go back. My husband closes each trip, by giving me a big hug and promising me (in between my sniffles) that he will bring me back. We are hoping we can go to celebrate our 10 th anniversary. That gives us 2 years to plan and save.



                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Characters

                  Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
                  Are you talking about this Jack? He is awesome!



                  This photo cracks me up everytime I look at it. My daughter and I were watching the Pirate Tutorial and I'm snapping away taking pictures. When all of a sudden Jack comes up to me and touches my cheek and goes, "Hello lovely." TOTALLY caught me off guard and I went, "Oh! Hello!..." :lol:

                  My daughter teases me about it to this day and always tells me, "Remember that time when Jack touched your cheek and you giggled so hard mommy?" :lol:

                  Here is a better photo of him but your right, the looks and the mannerisms are DEAD on.

                  That's the one! I just saw him in January and again last month, both times for the Pirate Tutorial show and he was just fantastic. I keep meaning to ask him for eyeliner tips... he smudges it so perfectly! :lol:

                  Comment

                  Ad Widget

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X