This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Pricing on Buffets 5/25 - 7/5

I read on here a number of weeks ago about the rumored pricing increase for buffets during the summer "holiday" season. I just found a post elsewhere where guests are now being quoted the higher prices.

Disney is so pricey to begin with, some family members and I nixed Tusker House in November due to the "holiday' pricing. My favorite Disney restaurant is probably Trails End, and that is a 6 week time period where I'm not going to be able to eat there due to the extra cost. I'm just waiting to see if they eventually start raising regular dining venues as well (and how about counter service?) If they start raising everything else, then I'd probably just skip the parks altogether during that time period. I understand raising the prices ON the holidays, but I don't get raising prices for weeks at a time. And to me, Memorial Day isn't really one of those "high price" dining times to begin with. (not like New Years Eve, Valentines Day, Christmas, etc.)
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Re: Holiday Pricing on Buffets 5/25 - 7/5

On days when the parks are reaching or meeting their capacity (such as the week of Christmas,) I think it's understandable... but I'm not quite sure about every day listed there. I sure hope they don't raise QSF&B during that time too or else they're kissing their affordable for all with the new packages and Magic Your Way Tickets goodbye.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
      On days when the parks are reaching or meeting their capacity (such as the week of Christmas,) I think it's understandable... but I'm not quite sure about every day listed there. I sure hope they don't raise QSF&B during that time too or else they're kissing their affordable for all with the new packages and Magic Your Way Tickets goodbye.
      The dining plan doesn't go higher during that time, so it doesn't effect those on the dining/deluxe dining. But for anyone in cash (like us locals), it definitely does.

I also hope they don't change quick service and other restaurants - I feel bad for those who are visiting and have so many of their meals raised in price. $5.00 per person really adds up fast.
      Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

I can almost understand memorial day weekend and fourth of july, but for the entire month of june??? that's just rediculous. June is not peak summer season, that's july and parts of august.

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
          The dining plan doesn't go higher during that time, so it doesn't effect those on the dining/deluxe dining. But for anyone in cash (like us locals), it definitely does.

I also hope they don't change quick service and other restaurants - I feel bad for those who are visiting and have so many of their meals raised in price. $5.00 per person really adds up fast.

I agree with this. That $5 bucks really adds up quick. I cancelled some buffets at Xmas because of this.
          Kelly

Comment

I can get a whole meal for $5 elsewhere. Ridiculous.

Comment

I'm really getting annoyed with the nickel and diming or should I say the 5 dollaring of the customer that Disney has gotten into. But this is what happens when your company gets run by shareholders instead of someone with a true vision.

Comment

May 25 - July 5 falls under the holiday pricing? Please tell me this is a joke. Christmas I can understand but Memorial Day to July 4th? Give me a break.

Comment

Danyoung will be stopping here shortly to answer all of your question...

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                    Danyoung will be stopping here shortly to answer all of your question...
                    Has he got all the answers?
                    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Another reason Disney could be doing this (aside from the obvious "whoo hoo free money!": When the prices go up, less people eat there. It keeps the entire establishment a little less crowded for those who are able or willing to spend those extra dollars without completely packing a restaurant to the brim.

Yes I know, boo me for playing devil's advocate, but there really could be more behind it than the "obvious", don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post
                        Another reason Disney could be doing this (aside from the obvious "whoo hoo free money!": When the prices go up, less people eat there.
                        I don't know that this is Disney's thinking - less cash-paying guests?
                        Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

actually i think its to subsidize the dining plan since the prices of the plans don't increase over that period.

Comment

It just makes me know that I will not be eating at a buffet when I go there! Oh wait, I will be !

I do not think they are worth it to me since I usually do not usually get seconds. I do feel bad for the people that pay that amount just to be able to see the characters because they are not in the parks normally.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmash95 View Post
                              actually i think its to subsidize the dining plan since the prices of the plans don't increase over that period.
                              No, but they increased a lot this year (not including tip and eliminating the appetizer).
                              Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X