X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney-MGM Studios

Did anyone enjoy the last day of the Disney-MGM Studios
    The name change is effective tomorrow right?
    In honor of the last day I think we should all post out favorite memories of the Disney-MGM studios, I know it isn't going away but its fun to read stuff like taht

Mine is the only time I ever visited.
    I saw Fantasmic! for the first time and was simply in awe of the show and its technical wow and the magic it created before my very eyes. I know there are imperfections, but that show had all the Disney magic I could ever want, especially going into it not knowing what it was

Re: Disney-MGM Studios

I was there today. Nothing too exciting, and it was a very slow day - which was great for getting on attractions with everyone. I left before closing, not sure if anything was exciting from 6-7!

I'll have to think on memories, MGM is my least-favorite park (I don't dislike it, it's just a park I've spent much less time in than any other park). Still a lot, just less!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Comment

While in the college program, I scheduled to meet with the manager of Fantasmic and got to watch the entire show from the control booth with a head set on watching the guy arm the explosives!
      Always follow your dreams...sigpic

Comment

Fave memories have to be getting picked to be an extra in Superstar TV in 1993 (I was in the Cheers scene and had a line) and then picked to be an extra for the Indiana Jones stunt show in 1994 (I was a "screamer").

Comment

My favorite memories are the fun I've had with my sons in the Prime Time Diner.
          I want my cake back!
          sigpic

Comment

My favorite memory was when I first rode "The Great Movie Ride" and I really felt like I was in the MOVIES!

I remember watching the OZ scene with such wonderment and amazement! When the wicked witch appeared and then vanished, I was amazed, and I felt like anything was possible!
            Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

I thought the Goosebumps stage show and maze was pretty fun.

I have fond memories of the Aladdin parade.

Comment

Originally posted by DocPaddock View Post
                While in the college program, I scheduled to meet with the manager of Fantasmic and got to watch the entire show from the control booth with a head set on watching the guy arm the explosives!
                The control area for DL's Fantasmic! is out in the open (well, there's a director's position, while the show control computers are up above the entrance to Pirates). My favorite viewing spot is right behind the director. It's totally fun watching the show director and the pyro safety guy going through their routines.

I guess my favorite memory of D/MGM would be the night when I stayed late and let myself into the Muppets theater with no one around. I did a little crawling around and actually found the accessway into the orchestra pit with the penguins! DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!! I'm sure I would have been thrown out of the park if I'd been caught!

Comment

I have a few:

In 1994 my parents took my brother and I to WDW for the first time. Of course my brother and I would start fighting and my parents kept trying to get a picture of us together. In every picture we're glaring at each other or staring off in opposite directions with MGM sites in the background. We laugh about it everytime we see the pictures now.

In 1996 I went to WDW with my highschool marching band. MGM was the first park we visited when we got off the bus. I can't remember where in the park exactly this was but there was music being piped over speakers and a bunch of us were dancing the "Macarena" in a huge group with a bunch of people. We were such dorks but we had a BLAST!

This past September my sweetie and I visited WDW. We had a blast taking the drawing class at the animation studio! I never even knew that existed!
                  With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Comment

My favorite memory is watching the Hunchback of Notre Dame show. I loved that show.
                    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
                    - Walt Disney

Comment

Oh - I thought of one. One time, I was on TOT when the ride broke down. We'd just gotten to the point where you move straight ahead, and the car stopped. It was really cool, getting out and walking with the lights on (and then down the stairs). After all that coolness, we got to go right back on.
                      Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by danyoung View Post

I guess my favorite memory of D/MGM would be the night when I stayed late and let myself into the Muppets theater with no one around. I did a little crawling around and actually found the accessway into the orchestra pit with the penguins! DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!! I'm sure I would have been thrown out of the park if I'd been caught!
                        I did a little sneaking around myself when I actually was a cast member. Even though you work there, you're still really not supposed to go poking around where you don't belong. One night at MGM I went into Playhouse Disney looking for the Bear in the Big Blue house costume. However I heard someone coming so I quickly took a side exit without finding the prize.

I even did more sneaking around at Epcot and found the remains of Food Rocks. Apparently parts of it is still there, it is just behind one of the walls for the Soarin' que. Also found a box with some of the costumes from the Horizon's animatronics costumes.

To top it off I walked into a meeting of Epcot and Disney World head honchos on accident. We were quickly asked to leave that area!

My friend on the program did even more sneaking around than me, but I'm not even going to get into what he did.

Comment

I even did more sneaking around at Epcot and found the remains of Food Rocks. Apparently parts of it is still there, it is just behind one of the walls for the Soarin' que.
                          Uh oh, now you've done it! I'm going to have to try to hunt that down next trip. Of course, if I get caught, I'll claim it wasn't my fault - blame is shared between this guy I read on the internet and those bartenders in the Rose & Crown Pub that kept on giving me martinis!!!

Comment

I am exactly the opposite. I know someone who will walk into any open door on property (he figures anything open is fair game). But I never go anywhere I'm not supposed to. Too scared!
                            Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Well if you get drunk enough from the Rose Crown, here's how to get to it. I no way can be blamed for any consequences

Enter the Wonders of Life pavillion and stay to the left. Near where you turn to go down the stairs/escalator take the left to where the bathrooms are and take another immediate left and go down the short hall to the cast members only door. Beyond that door is where magic is made.....

Well anyways, past that door I don't remember too much as it was awhile back but you make your way through some storage areas until you come to the end of the road. Here there's a latter up to a catwalk. Climbing up there you are pretty much over the Soarin' entrance and behind the wall where part of Food Rocks remains.

Now I didn't have a flashlight so I can't exactly verify what was down there, but my friend who worked the pavillion did and went in every nook and cranny of that place.

Sorry post starter, know none of this was MGM related

Comment

I'm assuming you meant go into The Land pavilion??? And WOW - thanks for that. And I never get drunk at the Rose & Crown - I simply get more and more cheerful!!!

Comment

mischief...bwahahahhaha!
                                  Do NOT pull down on the safety bar, please...I will lower it for you...

Comment

I was picked for Superstar TV too! I was Ginger (The Movie Star) for Gilligan's Island.

I was 5. It was.. uh.. 1988? Wow, I feel old haha.

Comment

I miss being on the island, in the basement being hooked up to the pyro. Good times, good times.

Comment

Originally posted by snapegirl View Post
                                        I was picked for Superstar TV too! I was Ginger (The Movie Star) for Gilligan's Island.

I was 5. It was.. uh.. 1988? Wow, I feel old haha.
                                        I did it too - one time. I happened to be wearing a flannel shirt that day, which along with my full beard and husky size made me a perfect Al from Home Improvement. I thought I did a pretty great job! I always thought it would have been cool if they had made tapes of each show to sell to those who were in it, but that probably would have violated some copright laws. Oh well, at least I have a great memory!

Comment

Working...
                                        X