This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animal Kingdom Anniversary

Is there going to be anything new for Animal Kingdom's 10th Anniversary this year? Would be ncie if it got a new parade.

Re: Animal Kingdom Anniversary

Originally posted by imagineerthat View Post
    Is there going to be anything new for Animal Kingdom's 10th Anniversary this year? Would be ncie if it got a new parade.
    It would be nice to get a new parade. Heck even if they acknowledge that the park is Ten years old.
    Visit

Click the Banner

Comment

The only news I have heard is that Disney is partnering with the fan group that helped set up the 25th Anniversary for EPCOT for Animal Kingdom's 10th. Stay tuned for more info since everything is still in the planning stages. I would hope that Disney was embarrassed into doing something a bit larger for AK than it did with EPCOT.

Comment

My goodness! It's been ten years already ??? Wow.

Comment

What would Disney do for 10 years of AK? Kinda to late to build a new ride. I was at AK during its 2nd year and its has not changed that much.

Comment

yeah i think it's a bit ridiculous that DAK is currently the slowest growing theme park (as far as expansion goes) or maybe it is just me but they have a serious crowd issue they need to solve soon

Comment

To celebrate the anniversary, they'll probably just tack on another year to YOAMD.

Comment

Originally posted by kirbilicious View Post
                To celebrate the anniversary, they'll probably just tack on another year to YOAMD.
                LOL!!!!

Or, it could be a Year of a Million Trees. Everyone gets to take home a seedling. And they'll have the private Tree of Life Suite.
                Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                  LOL!!!!

Or, it could be a Year of a Million Trees. Everyone gets to take home a seedling. And they'll have the private Tree of Life Suite.
                  I like the way you think!
                  Now I have the image in my head of some unfortunate family trying to cram themselves in to the Tree of Life.

Comment

I like the way you think!
                    Now I have the image in my head of some unfortunate family trying to cram themselves in to the Tree of Life.
                    They could make it more of a Treehouse Suite. The guide could be dressed like Tarzan (which would be a really good dream if he was hot!)
                    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

They could make it more of a Treehouse Suite. The guide could be dressed like Tarzan (which would be a really good dream if he was hot!)
                      Can Tarzan's loincloth be optional? That would be my dream!

Comment

Can Tarzan's loincloth be optional? That would be my dream!
                        If that is your dream, go for it. I like a little mystery! (the mystery being little, just to clarify).

It will be interesting to see if anything is done for the 10th, I'm not expecting much. Maybe the same group that was there for the 25th!
                        Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

They are planning to use the 10th Anniversary events (that day) as a vehicle for the announcement of Rivers of Light (as long as they can figure out the path issues that have been giving them the most grief in the development of the parade).

Originally posted by Sorvian View Post
                          It would be nice to get a new parade. Heck even if they acknowledge that the park is Ten years old.
                          They will be having commerative activities during the day, much like they did for Epcot's 25th.

Originally posted by AstroBlaster View Post
                          The only news I have heard is that Disney is partnering with the fan group that helped set up the 25th Anniversary for EPCOT for Animal Kingdom's 10th. Stay tuned for more info since everything is still in the planning stages. I would hope that Disney was embarrassed into doing something a bit larger for AK than it did with EPCOT.
                          That would be us! I'm Adam Roth (the 17 year old co-founder of Celebration 25 and WDWCelebrations) and I am happy to say that we are working to have our schedule approved by Disney once again so we can essentially "wrap our activities" around their schedule events. Our event, titled A Wild Decade is made in cooperation with Disney and like Celebration 25, will have many new surprises, as well as many returning aspects that made our previous event successful.

Originally posted by mikeland View Post
                          My goodness! It's been ten years already ??? Wow.
                          Scary huh? I was there on opening day as well (one of the fillers for the opening day ceremony video [when I was in first grade]). I even remember the original storyline of Kilimanjaro Safaris, especially because many of my classmates were the ones crying over Big Red's dead body...

If that is your dream, go for it. I like a little mystery! (the mystery being little, just to clarify).

It will be interesting to see if anything is done for the 10th, I'm not expecting much. Maybe the same group that was there for the 25th!
                          We will be there! Our group will be marking the major upcoming landmark dates (tentatively) at Walt Disney World (and possibly a few other Disney locations after 2009) including Disney/MGM Studios' 20th... Plus we will have our new, annual signature event taking place in September.
                          My Jedi mind tricks don't work via internet...Sorry!

WDWCelebrations.com: Celebrating the Magic of the Past, Present and Future Together!

Comment

Wish I could go. I'm going to be there one month earlier.
                            Visit

Click the Banner

Comment

Oh boy, I wish I could be there on April 22 as well. AK is my favorite of the Florida parks and I would love to celebrate the 10 year anniversary. I'm definitely going out there at some point this year, but probably not in April.

Best wishes to the crew at WDWCelebrations for smooth planning and a wonderful event at AK!
                              Last edited by Armadillo4; 01-17-2008, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Armadillo4 View Post
                                Oh boy, I wish I could be there on April 22 as well. AK is my favorite of the Florida parks and I would love to celebrate the 10 year anniversary. I'm definitely going out there at some point this year, but probably in April.

Best wishes to the crew at WDWCelebrations for smooth planning and a wonderful event at AK!

Somehome the planets align for me

I will be there on the 22nd, just by dumb luck. Same as for EPCOT's 25th. Booked the trip well in advance and without thinking of the date.

But, on the poor planning side of the coin. I was in the AKV for the April trip but then transfered out because a Beach Club slot opened up.

I was not planning on being in AK on the 22nd though - I think that was DHS day - Ill have to check when I get home. I think I have dinner at Y&Y booked for the 24th. How cool would it be if I was wrong and booked it on the 22nd just by dumb luck

-dave
                                "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                                "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

I'll try to be there - I was there for the 1st day (I was actually there pre-opening). The 25th was very nice, but Disney really should have planned for something great.

It is hard to believe AK is 10 years old, time really flies. I miss the secret path.
                                  Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

would be nicer if we got the Beastly Kingdomme
                                    www.jamboeveryone.com
                                    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
                                      would be nicer if we got the Beastly Kingdomme
                                      Increased attendence will hopefully lead to more attractions! Keep people in the parks, eat, shopping, spending!
                                      Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

:lol: I love the way you think Denise!

But I'm not expecting much beyond what they did for Epcot's 25th. But never say never... they still have some time to put something together.

Comment

Working...
                                        X