This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAK Formal Name?

Does anyone know the formal name for DAK? I'm not sure which one is correct.

Disney's Animal Kingdom Park. (from most sources I've looked at).

Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park. (from my guide map from the park).

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Re: DAK Formal Name?

Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park, I believe is it's official name I understand this from most official references to it.

Comment

Thank you. That's where I was leaning, too.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDisneyMagic View Post
        Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park, I believe is it's official name I understand this from most official references to it.
        You sure ? Neven seen Disney formaly use the word Theme Park next to their park. Every parck are tagged, "Whateverland Park." But maybe that one's an exception ?
        Comparing the world's 5 Magic Kingdoms on my blog : 5 Kingdoms

Comment

On disneyworld.com is just says Disney's Animal Kingdom Park.

Comment

It is Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park. Since ALL Disney parks are "theme" parks, it is often just referred to as Disney's Animal Kingdom Park

Comment

Nahtazu.

Comment

Originally posted by CheriBibi View Post
                You sure ? Neven seen Disney formaly use the word Theme Park next to their park. Every parck are tagged, "Whateverland Park." But maybe that one's an exception ?
                Just an FYI...

For many of the early years of Disney-MGM, the Park was always officially referred to as the "Disney-MGM Studios Theme Park." The "Theme Park" part of the name was an actual contract stipulation with MGM, as MGM wanted it clear that what Disney was operating was not part of MGM's studio production business.

Even Cast Members were instructed they always had to use the awkward tag "Theme Park" when quoting the name, making for quite a constant mouthful.

Years later during a contract renegotiation, new MGM management agreed to remove that requirement from the contract, and the Park could finally be referred to as just Disney-MGM Studios.

I think it's kind of funny that after all those years of hating having to use the "Theme Park" tag with Disney-MGM...the company now seems to like tagging it on to its other Parks.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X