• Show
Clear All
  • Frank_The_Tank
    MiceChatter
    • Dec 2007

Haunted Mansion Holiday/ Nightmare Before Christmas Ride

WDW is in NEED of some kind of Nightmare Before Christmas attraction/show
    so here are my ideas

HAUNTED MANSION HOLIDAY!!!. It would be great to se Jack Skellington and his crew take over the Mansion at MK. Plus they can add new scenes where the Library and Piano are. And maybe some other Nightmare Before Christmas theming around Liberty Square.

At Hollywood Studios, why not build a Nightmare dark ride (full time) where the old Hunchback of Noter Dame show was. It could have a trackless ride system like pooh's Hunny Hunt.
  • Jspider
    • Jan 2005

Re: Haunted Mansion Holiday/ Nightmare Before Christmas Ride

Tokyo has a nearly exact clone of WDW's HM and they do have HMH thus there wouldn't really be new scenes in those rooms

I mean they COULD do new scenes but most likly it would just be a copy of their overlay for the states which would be good but I don't see it happening since the Country Bears don't even overlay anymore

Studios could definitely see more rides but I think that's what they're working on right now
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

• Sorvian
      I'm A
      • Sep 2007

I heard that MK management turned it down so that's why it went Tokyo instead.
      Visit

Click the Banner

Comment

• TheManator
        Banned User
        • Jan 2005

I heard Jay Rasulo is the one who nixed the idea - in favor of the HM's refurb, which was more important imho.

Comment

• AlwysL8
          Be Patient I'm Learning!!
          • Jul 2007

I think DL's HMH overlay is fun (though I am very glad it's not up all the time), but I know it makes some people unhappy, one because they don't like The Nightmare Before Christmas and two because of the time the ride is down while they put the overlay in.
          Christina

Comment

• ecdlanddude
            Irrational Mr. Toad Fan
            • Feb 2005

My biggest beef with HMH is that the movie is way more of a Christmas movie than Halloween movie and at DL HMH takes over before Halloween. The most popular night of the year for the original HM is Halloween! If they want to put in HMH they should start the conversion Nov. 1 and not a day before.

Comment

• Grizzly
              MiceChatter
              • Nov 2005

The entire idea is two holidays colliding.

Comment

• CaliforniaAdventurer
                MiceChatter
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by AlwysL8 View Post
                I think DL's HMH overlay is fun (though I am very glad it's not up all the time), but I know it makes some people unhappy, one because they don't like The Nightmare Before Christmas and two because of the time the ride is down while they put the overlay in.
                Some people go in October and don't know about it and it's their first trip to Disneyland in 30 years, and they're totally bummed the Haunted Mansion's not the way the remembered it when it was their favorite ride 30 years ago.

You have more people like that going to WDW than the mix of people at Disneyland on an October-December day.

Comment

• disneyreporter
                  MiceChat Partner Site
                  • Jun 2007

I hope Haunted Mansion Holiday never comes to Florida; however, I am all in favor of a Nightmare Before Christmas attraction at the Studios. The themeing would fit perfectly, and that park is in dire need of new attractions.

Visit Disney Reporter - Where the Magic Lives
                  (http://www.disneyreporter.net.ms)
                  Four years of magic and still going strong.

Comment

• nbodyhome
                    Little Miss Sunshine
                    • Dec 2005

HMH was supposed to be here about 5 years ago, but it never happened.

I would love to see us get the overlay, I really do enjoy it at Disneyland.
                    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                    on Bay Lake.

Comment

• aimster
                      Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

I'm a big Nightmare Before Christmas fan (I watch it every Halloween), so I'd love to see either the Haunted Mansion overlay or a full-on darkride.

Comment

• pongee
                        New MiceChatter
                        • Dec 2007

something I dont understand here, and hopefully something that can be explained
                        why is Haunted Mansion Holiday so impressive to everyone? its a great idea and fun once or twice but it isnt that special. Its not a unique enough idea to keep taking over the Haunted Mansion every year. I would have thought that for a movie as good as Nightmare Before Christmas, that something more than just glowpaint and plywood could've been thought up. I was totally dissapointed by the ride myself. Maybe I'm too much of a HM pureist, but I would think that if an idea is good enough to bury HM for 4 or 5 months of the year then maybe it does deserve something of its own. Maybe its own standalone dark ride during the holiday season.

Comment

• TheManator
                          Banned User
                          • Jan 2005

Well, the reason why most people don't have a problem is because it's not there all of the time. I say let it come to the park once a year, and look forward to it, plus less you forget, it also gives time to refurb the regular attraction when it's being set back up, which wouldn't be a concern if they did that regularly. The only people who HATE it are the ones who don't like change, simple as that.

Comment

• disneyreporter
                            MiceChat Partner Site
                            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by TheManator View Post
                            The only people who HATE it are the ones who don't like change, simple as that.
                            And the ones who don't get to experience the original attraction at all because of the overlay or because of it being closed to put up/take down the decorations.

Visit Disney Reporter - Where the Magic Lives
                            (http://www.disneyreporter.net.ms)
                            Four years of magic and still going strong.

Comment

• Maverick
                              What's a motto with you?
                              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by disneyreporter View Post
                              I hope Haunted Mansion Holiday never comes to Florida; however, I am all in favor of a Nightmare Before Christmas attraction at the Studios. The themeing would fit perfectly, and that park is in dire need of new attractions.
                              i'm with ya its time we seperate from that other disney park on the weat coast
                              Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

• kirbilicious
                                MiceChatter
                                • Feb 2007

I'd rather not have the HMH overlay. The overlay is up for too long in DL and you have to factor in several weeks of down time to install the overlay and several weeks more to remove it. It's not even really an overlay - it's an entirely different attraction.

Comment

• DisneyParkFan
                                  • Jan 2005

I don't know. Let's give it a chance and see what happens. Maybe it won't be that bad?
                                  Cliff
                                  WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

Comment

• kcnole
                                    • Mar 2006

I like the Haunted Mansion Holiday and I'd love to have it here if it didn't require such significant downtime to both put it up and take it down. I hate to see the mansion closed for 2 months out of the year.

That said, I would love to see a Nightmare Before Christmas dark ride in the studios. There's a website somewhere that shows some concept art that was once considered for a nightmare ride there. I'd love to see it dusted off again.

After a bit of searching I've found it. Its from Alain's blog I believe. Read here for the nightmare ride that never was. Maybe it can become again, I've heard a rumor on another board that its being considered for the studios around 2012.

All of you who are fans of the "Nightmare Before Christmas" movie are going to love this unrealized concept by Christopher Merritt. He is ...

Comment

• CaliforniaAdventurer
                                      MiceChatter
                                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Master Gracie View Post
                                      i'm with ya its time we seperate from that other disney park on the weat coast
                                      Hmm... "that other Disney park on the West coast"? Excuse us?

By the way you said weat coast, that's a cereal isn't it?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X