This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming trip

So we're going to WDW in September and I have a few questions. We're going to be there from the 6th until the 13th. I plan on getting 5 day tickets and the other day or two we'll spend doing other stuff. So, I ask these questions. 1) Is it worth it to get the park hopper tickets or just the normal ones, considering you have to travel between parks? 2)Is there any point in going to all of the parks with kids or should we just stick with MK and AK? 3) How close is the beach, because we'd like to visit it and it's been 16 years since I was near a beach.

In case it helps, it will be myself, my wife and our kids, Ashley(8) and Justin(7). It might also be my brother in law, his gf and his 3 year old son, but we're not sure. I hope not because she's a chain smoker and whenever they're with us anywhere my wife ends up watching my nephew while they play tonsil hockey.

Anyways, any help would be great.

Re: Upcoming trip

We went last September and it was well worth it to get park hopper passes. This lets you take a break whenever you want and enjoy Extra Magic Hours in different parks if you're staying at a Disney resort.

I think your kids would enjoy Disney Hollywood Studios and EPCOT. There's stuff at all of the parks kids would enjoy doing!
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Comment

I would definitely get park hopper tickets as well, if it's not all that more expensive. I'd also visit all the parks. Epcot and the Studios can be fun for kids as well.

The beach is about 90 minutes away - not a bad drive.

Good luck!

Comment

How is it in September? Not too crowded I hope. Also, how is the weather? The park hopper option is about $200 more, overall so not that much of a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by draybook View Post
          How is it in September? Not too crowded I hope. Also, how is the weather? The park hopper option is about $200 more, overall so not that much of a difference.
          Not crowded
          Still warm/hot

Some people do find the park hopper option valuable, but some find that they stay in one park all day (and $200 is a lot of money to some guests). So it depends on you. Remember that you can start with a base ticket, and add the PH option when you are there if you choose to.

You can get to Cocoa Beach in a little over an hour (depending on traffic, but not usually a lot more than that). There is also Daytona - I've never been, as well as the Clearwater Beach area, which is 90 or so minutes away.

Remember also, that it is only another $1.00 to $2.00 or so per day per person to add another day to your tickets (once you are at that 5 day mark). So even if you go offsite to do something else, you can come back and spend a few hours in a park for only a buck or two more each.

You may enjoy MGM for some of the attractions, and Epcot is a terrific park (my favorite).
          Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
          I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
          on Bay Lake.

Comment

Ditto - for the 3 of us the difference to get a 7 day pass vs 5 day pass was about $5 TOTAL for each additional day. Definitely worth $5 for even an hour or two in the park. Even if you just go back at night to watch Illuminations at Epcot or Fantasmic at Hollywood Studios. For $5 it would be a great end to the day after a day at the beach. Or start the day with a character breakfast at Magic Kingdom. Don't short yourself on days. There really is no cost savings.

We are not doing the park hopper because it would wind up costing an extra $145 for our trip. One park per day is plenty. And you CANNOT miss Epcot!!! Hollywood Studios has some great rides too and you can't miss Fantasmic!

Comment

Originally posted by abarry90 View Post

We are not doing the park hopper because it would wind up costing an extra $145 for our trip. One park per day is plenty. And you CANNOT miss Epcot!!! Hollywood Studios has some great rides too and you can't miss Fantasmic!
              I agree on Epcot, and the extra $10 or less for the family (per extra day) could allow them to see Illuminations (if they don't do anything else in Epcot). I think that itself is worth the $10.00 into the park! There is so much more to see at Epcot, but Illuminations isn't something I'd miss. If they do the beach on a Friday, then head back - they could spend the EMH evening at Epcot.

I am not a huge fan of our Fantasmic (I prefer Disneylands). But again - it can be something to stop by in the evening, do a few rides, and see the show.
              Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

We had some VERY short waits for some rides as well. We got on Space Mountain in 5 minutes! The longest wait we had was Bog Thunder Mountain and that was on a Friday. The middle of the week was great.

The weather was warm, upper 80's low 90's, and a chance of storms every day. I enjoyed it though as it was cold in Ohio by then!
                With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Comment

From my personal experience, and watching tons of guests come in and out day after day, the park hopper option is great, if you are familiar with parks, have a lot of time, and are traveling in small groups (or a large group that wants to split up a lot)

Being that this is the first vacation in a while, you are traveling with little ones, and you have quite the crew going I would personall reccomend not doing the park hopper option!

The nice thing about these Magic Your Way tickets is that even after you buy them and you head down to the parks, you can still upgrade your ticket to include the Park Hopping Option.

http://orlandofuntickets.com/Magic-Your-Way-Base/

So don't fear the Base ticket!

I personally would reccomend getting Orlando Fun Ticket's 3 Day Base Ticket with a free upgrade to a 5 day base!

Anyways I hope this helps (feel free to send me a message if you have any questions or you can call us here and we can help you plan if you wish 1-866-225-4712)!
                  Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Originally posted by OFTEric View Post

The nice thing about these Magic Your Way tickets is that even after you buy them and you head down to the parks, you can still upgrade your ticket to include the Park Hopping Option.
                    [/B])!

That is what I always say - if you aren't sure, just add it later (if you want to). But don't wait until the last day to do it (the cost is the same whether you add it the first or last day of the trip).
                    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

iuno i have mixed feelings with epcot. When i went there i was around 10-11 and i didnt find it particularly exciting...off course mission space wasnt there yet either but either way you can upgrade later!
                      "Permane Ser Sentados Por Favor"
                      "Watch out for anything that ssssslliittherzzz"
                      "Launch control, LV....Go ahead....All video recorders off."

Originally posted by Ride Warrior
                      I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money. :thumbup:
                      If you won the lottery what would you do?
                      Originally posted by Wally
                      Buy a bunch of monkeys and have them re-enact the Civil War for my amusement.

Comment

EPCOT is all about know how to find the attractions that kids will love (i.e. Attractions with no height restrictions)

i.e. Seas With Nemo and Friends, Turtle Talk with Crush, the Circle of Life, Journey into your Imagination, Gran Fiesta Tour, Space Ship Earth, Universe of Engergy, The Post show to Space Ship Earth (lots of games), The Post Show area to Mission Space (lots more games), The ImageWorks labs (post show area) and so on...
                        Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Here's my big problem with NOT using the park hopper option. Say you're doing DAK, and the park closes at 5pm. Now, the MK might be open till 10pm, and Epcot is definitely open till 9pm. But without the hopper, you now have to find something else to do with your evening. Now, this is WDW, and there's always stuff going on. But it would just KILL me to know that some of the parks are open and I'm not allowed in!

Also, I tend to look at any given day as 2 day parts. I'll hit a park at opening and enjoy it till noon or 1pm, then go back to my hotel for a rest. Then I head back into a park (either the same one or hopping to another) around 4pm and close it out. This would be tougher to do without the hopper option. If you can afford it, I think it's a hugely important part of the ticket package.

Oh, and most definitely consider all 4 parks. There are great and fun things about all of them, for kids and adults.

Comment

Originally posted by danyoung View Post
                            Here's my big problem with NOT using the park hopper option. Say you're doing DAK, and the park closes at 5pm. Now, the MK might be open till 10pm, and Epcot is definitely open till 9pm. But without the hopper, you now have to find something else to do with your evening. Now, this is WDW, and there's always stuff going on. But it would just KILL me to know that some of the parks are open and I'm not allowed in!
                            This is how I feel. But I've talked with too many families who felt they wasted money on the PH option (so I never say "definitely" to something that is going to cost so much money).

I will always buy a ticket that includes PH for me, no matter what Disney parks I'm going to. Another good reason to have it - if one park gets crowded (not as likely in September), you can go elsewhere. OR, if one park gets boring because you feel you've done everything (more likely in September), ditto.

No matter what, I'd splurge the extra few bucks and get an 8 or 9 day pass.

If not positive on the PH option, I would just buy the base ticket, and decide in the first day or two of the trip if it's something that would be worth the extra money. Having a family of 4 (or more), you may find that you just want to hit one park, and swim at your resort. Me, I don't really swim - but I may hit 2 or 3 (or 4) parks in a day.

It's amazing to think that in the first 5 or 6 years I went to Disney (for a week to 10 days at a time with my family), there was only one onsite park. We supplemented it with offsite parks and mini-golf, but there was no such thing as park hopping back then.
                            Last edited by nbodyhome; 01-30-2008, 03:08 PM.
                            Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by draybook View Post
                              So we're going to WDW in September and I have a few questions. We're going to be there from the 6th until the 13th. I plan on getting 5 day tickets and the other day or two we'll spend doing other stuff. So, I ask these questions. 1) Is it worth it to get the park hopper tickets or just the normal ones, considering you have to travel between parks? 2)Is there any point in going to all of the parks with kids or should we just stick with MK and AK? 3) How close is the beach, because we'd like to visit it and it's been 16 years since I was near a beach.

In case it helps, it will be myself, my wife and our kids, Ashley(8) and Justin(7). It might also be my brother in law, his gf and his 3 year old son, but we're not sure. I hope not because she's a chain smoker and whenever they're with us anywhere my wife ends up watching my nephew while they play tonsil hockey.

Anyways, any help would be great.
                              Wow... the brother in law and the chain smoking girlfriend... why not offer to watch the 3 year old son with your other kids, seperate from the couple in "tonsil hockey" love and enjoy the parks without the tag along love sick couple... and park hopper tickets will come in PERFECT for seperating yourself from the love sick couple. PERFECT!

Every park is built for kids as well as adults. You just have to experience all the parks, you'll be surprised you're not the only family there with kids around your same ages. Everyone finds something to do in every park.

And if you want a "beach" preview be sure to head over to Disney's Beach and Yacht club or the Grand Floridian to enjoy their man made beach. Get your toes in sand, lounge in some chairs, walk around the beach themed areas, pretty fun when relaxing just outside the park and with your park hopper tickets you can always jump back into the park you were first visiting or enter another park to catch their nightly fireworks such as Epcot or Magic Kingdom.

And once you get park hopper tickets the traveling from park to park is a fun experience in itself. From Epcot to Hollywood Studios you can take the boats back and forth between those 2 parks. Over at Magic Kingdom and Epcot you can enjoy the monorails and maybe stop by in the Grand Floridian or Polyensian hotel to check out the beautifully themed hotels.

You can also use the boats from the GFH, P, Wilderness lodge to the Magic Kingdom. Yes you may spend a handful of time using the FREE transportation but getting to see a whole new side of the park is quite fun.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X