Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is your favorite Moderate Resort?

The only mods I've stayed at are CBR and CSR.

I loved CBR. I thought it was gorgeous, we had a water view room that was steps away from our building's quiet pool. The kids LOVED the main pool and one of my favorite memories was laying in a hammock by the lake while my kids played in the sand and playgroup next to me :love: Our room was extremely clean and the staff was wonderful. We had maybe a 7 minute walk to the main pool and buildings, we watched Illuminations(well the top portion ) a few nights on that walk. And the walk from our bustop to our building was minimal.

CSR our stayed started out horrible. We had six people my cousin, younger brother and our boys and they tried to put the kids in a room a floor away on the other side of the building, not acceptable, they're KIDS. When we finally got our room, lights didn't work, fridges didn't work, the a/c didn't work in one of the rooms(can't not have a/c in FL in Aug!) After going rounds with them again we switched to a huge suite. It was wonderful, it was right near the main building with gorgeous views.
    The resort itself it quite nice. But we had issues with the staff the entire time. And I realy felt that a large portion of the foot at the Pepper Market was really bland, IMO.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Don't they still charge a 10% gratuity at the Pepper Market? I never liked that idea, so I have always stuck with the others.
      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside twice, Caribbean Beach once, and Coronado Springs once. I found the rooms, except for the furnishings were all about the same. I did have a corner room at CBR, which was a little different. I would still like to stay at the Port Orleans French Quarter. I don't mind the walk to the Food Courts, and they all had nice ones in my opinion. CBR seemed a little more accomodating, in the Bell Services Department. When I checked in, they took me and my luggage to my room. I think it was because they are so spread out. I found the Bus service at all three resorts very satisfactory.

I would say that I liked Port Orleans the most out of the three.
        BarbaraAnn

Comment

I completely forgot about the hammocks at CBR. They had some next to the playground, so it was nice to let the kids play while I vegged on the hammock. I apologize if my opinion of CBR seemed overly negative. We do enjoy the resort and would recommend it, just wanted to list what most people have trouble with.

Comment

I vote for POFQ too. That's where we're planning on staying for this years trip for my group of 13. CBR wasn't bad, but it was too big. It has it's own internal bus and 8 stops before going to any parks. CSR is big, but with less bus stops (4 total) it seems as though it is smaller at times. Plus they have golf carts running through to pick-up/drop-off guests.

Comment

Port Orleans French Quarter Great atmosphere and I'm staying there on our next trip at Christmas!

.. a dream is a wish your heart makes

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                Don't they still charge a 10% gratuity at the Pepper Market? I never liked that idea, so I have always stuck with the others.
                They do, but I'm not sure if they charge it if the food is taken to go.
                Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                on Bay Lake.

Comment

I loved CBR - but then, I love walking around for extended periods of time!

I've stayed in CS, CBR, and POR - I'd recommend CBR or POR to most people, but that may be because my experience with CS was during a large sporting event!

Comment

I like the CBR. Here's an old review I did

http://www.mouseextra.com/2006/12/01/45/#comments
                    www.jamboeveryone.com
                    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

What is the best Moderate Resort?

This is the question this week from my weekly blog and newsletter. I am curious as to your replies. Feel free to email me at [email protected]
                      WDWNewsletter.com

Comment

Re: What is the best Moderate Resort?

Definitely french quarter. Its nice to walk around at night especially.

Comment

I've been wanting to experience the French Quarter but this year I'm returning to the Carribbean Beach resort because the party I'm going with wants that Carribbean feeling and decor. I was out voted for French Quarter.

So my vote is for Carribbean Beach. Very big resort with lots of activities and sights and sounds for families to enjoy. Carribbean Beach resort is NOT just a room you sleep in at night it is a RESORT.

Another trip in the past me and a friend were suppose to stay at the Coronado Springs but I didn't want to. I felt the themeing was a let down and I had this feeling like I was going to waste my money at this resort. We ended up going in the upgrade route for Animal Kingdom.

Comment

Well the only one I haven't stayed at is Caribbean Beach, it just doesn't appeal to me or my family. I've stayed at Coronado Springs more than either Port Orleans(mostly due to availability), but I overall prefer Port Orleans Riverside. When we stay there, we stay in the manors. That part of the resort just has this nice classic feel to it, big lawns, beautiful fountains, and I loved walking around the resort.

But that's just my opinion. It all really depends on your taste in theming.
                            ~My journey started in the Frontier of the Magic Kingdom, but my heart now lies in Africa. I will always belong in the wilds, be it the frontier or African bush country. I thrive on adventure.~

::WDW College Program Campus Rep::

::Spring Quarter Advantage 2007 Operations::
                            :: Kilimanjaro Safari Guide- Again!::
                            ::Summer Alumni Program 2006 Operations!::
                            :: Kilimanjaro Safari Guide::
                            ::Fall 2005 Quick Service Food & Beverage::
                            ::Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn Cafe
                            ::

"You reach a point where you don't work for money." - Walt Disney

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality." - Walt Disney

Comment

I prefer CSR because it has a great pool and slide, no shared transportation and the resort is centrally located with quick rides to all the parks and awesome food options. Check out my CSR website below for pics and info.
                              buzz2001's Unofficial Coronado Springs Resort Website

Check out the CSR forums!

Comment

Carribean Beach would be my choice
                                www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by buzz2001 View Post
                                  Check out my CSR website below for pics and info.
                                  You should check out his site. Makes me want to stay there.

Do you ever stay at another resort nowadays, Buzz?
                                  www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

My vote is for Riverside. The location is good and the theming is relaxing.

Has anyone ever taken the carriage ride at either of the PO resorts? Worth it?

Summer thanks for the pic of FQ. Those alligators seem a little devious. I think its best if I stay out of their way.

Comment

Without a doubt Port Orleans Riverside, but then again I have only stayed at Port Orleans Riverside (twice) because our family consists of five of us, and Port Orleans Riverside accepts us so that alone wins my vote!!!

Comment

The only moderate priced resort I've stayed at was Coronado Springs, so I can't give a fair comparison. My girlfriend has stayed there as well as Port Orleans and she prefers Coronado.
                                        Last edited by MouseHipster; 02-11-2008, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
                                          You should check out his site. Makes me want to stay there.

Do you ever stay at another resort nowadays, Buzz?
                                          My daughter and wife refuse to try anything new. I'll be arriving at CSR on Sunday.

No, they do not charge the 10% on "TO GO" meals at the Pepper Market.

buzz2001's Unofficial Coronado Springs Resort Website

Check out the CSR forums!

Comment

Working...
                                          X