Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

DISNEY RESPONDS TO CRITICISM FROM ABIGAL DISNEY

Disney has responded to Abigail's recent comments and they can be discussed in this thread - https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...neyland-resort
2 of 2 < >

MICECHAT COMMUNITY RULES

See more
See less

What is your favorite Moderate Resort?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nbodyhome
    replied
    Re: What is your favorite Moderate Resort?

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Don't they still charge a 10% gratuity at the Pepper Market? I never liked that idea, so I have always stuck with the others.
    They do, but I'm not sure if they charge it if the food is taken to go.

Leave a comment:

• LilRah08
    replied

Port Orleans French Quarter Great atmosphere and I'm staying there on our next trip at Christmas!

Leave a comment:

• erick13
    replied

I vote for POFQ too. That's where we're planning on staying for this years trip for my group of 13. CBR wasn't bad, but it was too big. It has it's own internal bus and 8 stops before going to any parks. CSR is big, but with less bus stops (4 total) it seems as though it is smaller at times. Plus they have golf carts running through to pick-up/drop-off guests.

Leave a comment:

• SummerInFL
    replied

I completely forgot about the hammocks at CBR. They had some next to the playground, so it was nice to let the kids play while I vegged on the hammock. I apologize if my opinion of CBR seemed overly negative. We do enjoy the resort and would recommend it, just wanted to list what most people have trouble with.

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside twice, Caribbean Beach once, and Coronado Springs once. I found the rooms, except for the furnishings were all about the same. I did have a corner room at CBR, which was a little different. I would still like to stay at the Port Orleans French Quarter. I don't mind the walk to the Food Courts, and they all had nice ones in my opinion. CBR seemed a little more accomodating, in the Bell Services Department. When I checked in, they took me and my luggage to my room. I think it was because they are so spread out. I found the Bus service at all three resorts very satisfactory.

I would say that I liked Port Orleans the most out of the three.

Leave a comment:

• yoyoflamingo
    replied

Don't they still charge a 10% gratuity at the Pepper Market? I never liked that idea, so I have always stuck with the others.

Leave a comment:

• dsnylndmom
    replied

The only mods I've stayed at are CBR and CSR.

I loved CBR. I thought it was gorgeous, we had a water view room that was steps away from our building's quiet pool. The kids LOVED the main pool and one of my favorite memories was laying in a hammock by the lake while my kids played in the sand and playgroup next to me :love: Our room was extremely clean and the staff was wonderful. We had maybe a 7 minute walk to the main pool and buildings, we watched Illuminations(well the top portion ) a few nights on that walk. And the walk from our bustop to our building was minimal.

CSR our stayed started out horrible. We had six people my cousin, younger brother and our boys and they tried to put the kids in a room a floor away on the other side of the building, not acceptable, they're KIDS. When we finally got our room, lights didn't work, fridges didn't work, the a/c didn't work in one of the rooms(can't not have a/c in FL in Aug!) After going rounds with them again we switched to a huge suite. It was wonderful, it was right near the main building with gorgeous views.
    The resort itself it quite nice. But we had issues with the staff the entire time. And I realy felt that a large portion of the foot at the Pepper Market was really bland, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• nbodyhome
    replied

Originally posted by mamabot View Post
    I always thought that was an alligator (crocodile?) at the POFQ pool. They have a few statues around the resort. Fits into the whole New Orleans bayou theme.
    Dragon slide:

Gator:

It took me a few minutes to find the pics, I have like 12,000 or more from last year!

Really themed better for younger kids than teens.

Leave a comment:

• mamabot
    replied

I always thought that was an alligator (crocodile?) at the POFQ pool. They have a few statues around the resort. Fits into the whole New Orleans bayou theme.

Leave a comment:

• Greatdanedaddy
    replied

Mine is Dixie Landings and Riverside. Stayed there when it was named both.

Leave a comment:

• nbodyhome
    replied

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Yeah, CBR and I don't get along much. I got off at the wrong bus stop coming back from the park, Christina was sleeping (I was carrying her) so I started walking back to the room thinking it was one building over. I ended up having to cross a street and go down about what felt like 8 city blocks! I like the CBR but only if I get a decent location, if you get stuck in no mans land it can be a little frustrating. Although I think if any resort has its own internal bus then it might be a little too massive. LOL
    I think it's about 2 miles around the lake (I'd have to go back through my photo walk, but that sounds about right). It's great for a walk - but I totally understand, I'd not want to be carrying a child so far. I don't like that the registration and food court are in two different places either. My favorite part of the CBR is "no mans land", it sounds like you were in the area that I like best. But again, I don't have kids - noone to carry!

The CSR is spread out, but not nearly as much. That is only about a 20 minute (1 mile approx.) walk around the lake. It's amazing how many 1 mile walks there are on property. I think CSR is underappreciated, it definitely is more like a deluxe resort, but with moderate size rooms. Those are supposed to be rehabbed this year too (as is the Pepper Market). The CSR is looking to push further into more deluxe-property type offerings as well.

Leave a comment:

• SummerInFL
    replied

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
    The nice thing about the POFQ is that you can also walk to the food court at POR, and the pool area. Not everyone likes the main pool area at POFQ with the dragon (especially families with older teens).

Though at CSR, the food court is GREAT and the pool area too.

There are pluses to all the moderate resorts. I don't like the CBR as much, but it's a great place to walk. CBR is very spread out, which a lot of guests don't like as much.

Yeah, CBR and I don't get along much. I got off at the wrong bus stop coming back from the park, Christina was sleeping (I was carrying her) so I started walking back to the room thinking it was one building over. I ended up having to cross a street and go down about what felt like 8 city blocks! I like the CBR but only if I get a decent location, if you get stuck in no mans land it can be a little frustrating. Although I think if any resort has its own internal bus then it might be a little too massive. LOL

Leave a comment:

• nbodyhome
    replied

Originally posted by WDWizard View Post
    Another vote for Port Orleans French Quarter. The French Quarter theming is great and there's easy access to Downtown Disney via ferry, while the other Moderate resorts rely solely bus transportation. There's also a great food court, and the service is excellent.
    The nice thing about the POFQ is that you can also walk to the food court at POR, and the pool area. Not everyone likes the main pool area at POFQ with the dragon (especially families with older teens).

Though at CSR, the food court is GREAT and the pool area too.

There are pluses to all the moderate resorts. I don't like the CBR as much, but it's a great place to walk. CBR is very spread out, which a lot of guests don't like as much.

Leave a comment:

• WDWizard
    replied

Another vote for Port Orleans French Quarter. The French Quarter theming is great and there's easy access to Downtown Disney via ferry, while the other Moderate resorts rely solely bus transportation. There's also a great food court, and the service is excellent.

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

For the moderates, I've only stayed at Port Orleans (both Riverside & French Quarter). Loved it, but Pop Century is my overall favorite WDW hotel.

Leave a comment:

• SummerInFL
    replied

Another vote for Port Orleans French Quarter. LOVE the New Orleans theming, the intimacy is superior to every other resort I've stayed at onsite and having the option to take a boat instead of the bus to DTD is another great perk.

Denise, next time I stay there you are welcome to the other bed, I always say you have to stay there at least once, just for the ambiance!

It also happens to be the one resort I have the most photos of.

http://family.webshots.com/photo/263...33443741QluKXC

Leave a comment:

• mikeland
    replied

Another vote here for Port Orleans Riverside ... aka Dixie Landings.

Leave a comment:

• nbodyhome
    replied

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I thought French Quarter was themed to New Orleans ... you know, the French Quarter.
    Yes, though I've never been there. However, walking around the POFQ does remind me a bit of being in France. (landscaping, etc.).

Originally posted by WDW Peak Seasons View Post
    WOW!!! You guys must have seen my upcoming blog judging by your pick of POFQ
    From all of my years posting online, POFQ tends to be the overriding favorite anytime the question comes up. Value - Pop. Mod - POFQ. Deluxe - Polynesian and WL tend to lead.

I actually have never stayed at the POFQ (one of the only resorts I've not slept at). But it has my favorite landscaping, and it is the mod resort I'd tend to put couples into. Like for a honeymoon, that would be my #1 recommendation. Though CSR is great too for adults. It is a little more upscale, without a higher price tag.

My DH doesn't really like staying at hotels, nor has an interest in going to Disney regularly anymore. So I don't guess I'll be staying there anytime soon (though I did get to stay at CSR with a friend in December). I do like to walk at the POFQ occasionally, I stopped there yesterday.
    Last edited by nbodyhome; 02-01-2008, 12:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mamabot
    replied

The only moderate I stayed at is POFQ. I really loved it. The room we stayed in had been recently remodeled. I really loved that it was the first stop for the Port Orleans bus route both going to the parks and coming home from the parks.

The larger moderates kind of intimidate me. I am already walking 6-10 miles per day, I don't want to add on any inefficient walking getting around a resort.

Leave a comment:

• sir clinksalot
    replied

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
    My overall favorite is POFQ, for the French theming. It has a more romantic feel to it (for me) than any other mod resort.
    I thought French Quarter was themed to New Orleans ... you know, the French Quarter.

For the record, French Quarter is my favorite moderate too, followed by Riverside and then Carribean Beach. Haven't stayed at Coronado yet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X