This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDW Peak Seasons
    started a topic What is your favorite Moderate Resort?

What is your favorite Moderate Resort?

I am curious as to what is your favorite Moderate Resort? This will be my upcoming blog on my website next week and I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions about what you like/dislike about the mods.

• MickeyMania
    replied
    Re: What is your favorite Moderate Resort?

Seen POR and POFQ. Voting POR. Boatwright's > Food Court.

Leave a comment:

• Disneyowner37
    replied

I really like coronado springs
    youll get the best out of it if you stay close to the main area

Leave a comment:

• nbodyhome
    replied
    Re: What is the best Moderate Resort?

Originally posted by buzz2001 View Post
    You have to make sure you have a "TO GO" ticket. It's stamp TO GO in big letters. Otherwise they charge you the 10%.
    Thanks! I am sure they've always done that with me, but I'll pass it along (and will remember for myself).

Leave a comment:

• buzz2001
    replied

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
    I didn't think so - I have never been charged, but I've read in instances where others were (probably accidentally). So to avoid the charge, you can take it "to-go" and bring a meal out to the tables outside. Or back to the room!
    You have to make sure you have a "TO GO" ticket. It's stamp TO GO in big letters. Otherwise they charge you the 10%.

Leave a comment:

• nbodyhome
    replied

My daughter and wife refuse to try anything new. I'll be arriving at CSR on Sunday.

No, they do not charge the 10% on "TO GO" meals at the Pepper Market.
    I didn't think so - I have never been charged, but I've read in instances where others were (probably accidentally). So to avoid the charge, you can take it "to-go" and bring a meal out to the tables outside. Or back to the room!

While POFQ tends to be a favorite, there are weaknesses there. Like the pool - it's not as adult and teen friendly in theme. The CSR has a GREAT pool area, I think the best out of all the mods. And again, the resort is more upscale - borderline deluxe property - with it's offerings (if not for room size, it would fit well into a deluxe category). So for adults, I tend to recommend either POFQ (I do love the theming there), or CSR.

As far as the wagon ride - I've only done it at Fort Wilderness. I am sure it's lovely at Port Orleans too.

Leave a comment:

• MJMcB
    replied

My daughter and wife refuse to try anything new. I'll be arriving at CSR on Sunday.

Great pics as always.

Have a good time

Leave a comment:

• buzz2001
    replied

Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
    You should check out his site. Makes me want to stay there.

Do you ever stay at another resort nowadays, Buzz?

Leave a comment:

• MouseHipster
    replied

The only moderate priced resort I've stayed at was Coronado Springs, so I can't give a fair comparison. My girlfriend has stayed there as well as Port Orleans and she prefers Coronado.
    Last edited by MouseHipster; 02-11-2008, 11:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hbgamblers
    replied

Without a doubt Port Orleans Riverside, but then again I have only stayed at Port Orleans Riverside (twice) because our family consists of five of us, and Port Orleans Riverside accepts us so that alone wins my vote!!!

Leave a comment:

• flotsam_mike
    replied

My vote is for Riverside. The location is good and the theming is relaxing.

Has anyone ever taken the carriage ride at either of the PO resorts? Worth it?

Summer thanks for the pic of FQ. Those alligators seem a little devious. I think its best if I stay out of their way.

Leave a comment:

• MJMcB
    replied

Check out my CSR website below for pics and info.
    You should check out his site. Makes me want to stay there.

Do you ever stay at another resort nowadays, Buzz?

Leave a comment:

• MJMcB
    replied

Carribean Beach would be my choice

Leave a comment:

• buzz2001
    replied

I prefer CSR because it has a great pool and slide, no shared transportation and the resort is centrally located with quick rides to all the parks and awesome food options. Check out my CSR website below for pics and info.

Leave a comment:

• RockStarTink283
    replied

Well the only one I haven't stayed at is Caribbean Beach, it just doesn't appeal to me or my family. I've stayed at Coronado Springs more than either Port Orleans(mostly due to availability), but I overall prefer Port Orleans Riverside. When we stay there, we stay in the manors. That part of the resort just has this nice classic feel to it, big lawns, beautiful fountains, and I loved walking around the resort.

But that's just my opinion. It all really depends on your taste in theming.

Leave a comment:

• Micoofy Duck
    replied

I've been wanting to experience the French Quarter but this year I'm returning to the Carribbean Beach resort because the party I'm going with wants that Carribbean feeling and decor. I was out voted for French Quarter.

So my vote is for Carribbean Beach. Very big resort with lots of activities and sights and sounds for families to enjoy. Carribbean Beach resort is NOT just a room you sleep in at night it is a RESORT.

Another trip in the past me and a friend were suppose to stay at the Coronado Springs but I didn't want to. I felt the themeing was a let down and I had this feeling like I was going to waste my money at this resort. We ended up going in the upgrade route for Animal Kingdom.

Leave a comment:

• speedemon
    replied

Definitely french quarter. Its nice to walk around at night especially.

Leave a comment:

• WDW Peak Seasons
    replied
    What is the best Moderate Resort?

This is the question this week from my weekly blog and newsletter. I am curious as to your replies. Feel free to email me at unc6@hotmail.com

Leave a comment:

• MJMcB
    replied

I like the CBR. Here's an old review I did

http://www.mouseextra.com/2006/12/01/45/#comments

Leave a comment:

• SkittleKicks
    replied

I loved CBR - but then, I love walking around for extended periods of time!

I've stayed in CS, CBR, and POR - I'd recommend CBR or POR to most people, but that may be because my experience with CS was during a large sporting event!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X