This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad loss for the Biergarten

My mom was reading around the DISboards and found a very sad post.
    One of the band members collapsed and died onstage at the Biergarten on 1/31.
    My heart goes out to his family first and foremost, as his father passed away as well, just 3 hours later.

We always go to the Biergarten while visiting, and we will miss seeing him.

(I'm not sure if anyone else posted about this, as I couldn't find any posts on here. So sorry if this happens to be a repeat.)
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 02-09-2008, 07:20 PM. Reason: edited out link
    ~My journey started in the Frontier of the Magic Kingdom, but my heart now lies in Africa. I will always belong in the wilds, be it the frontier or African bush country. I thrive on adventure.~

::WDW College Program Campus Rep::

::Spring Quarter Advantage 2007 Operations::
    :: Kilimanjaro Safari Guide- Again!::
    ::Summer Alumni Program 2006 Operations!::
    :: Kilimanjaro Safari Guide::
    ::Fall 2005 Quick Service Food & Beverage::
    ::Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn Cafe
    ::

"You reach a point where you don't work for money." - Walt Disney

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality." - Walt Disney

Re: Sad loss for the Biergarten

My wife and I both used to work at the Biergarten. We had heard something had happened with one of the musicians. I thought I would let you all know what I have found out. Unfortunatley, George Schnell has passed away. George was the bass and tuba player that used the name Sigfried. You might also remember his joke when playing the cowbells:
    "I have a weak back"
    "how long have you had it?"
    "About a week back"
    George was a great, nice guy. He was truly part of the Biergarten family and will be missed greatly. Our wishes go out to all of his family and friends.

Comment

I haven't eaten at the Biergarten in about 10 years - but I do remember that line (I just also read he was there for 24 years). Reading elsewhere, it says he was a Julliard graduate.

He was really young, too! Here are the obituaries:

http://www.legacy.com/News-JournalOn...onId=102766529
      Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
      I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
      on Bay Lake.

Comment

He and his father passes away on the same day. How terrible for these families!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

Comment

Wow, that is sad! Saw them play this past October and it was a really fun show...especially for the kids.

Thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

Comment

Wow, how sad.

I actually have a video of most of the Biergarten show, maybe I'll post it as a tribute to George. (If it's the same bass/tuba guy). I'll double check my video with the obit before I do anything.

Comment

Oh my, how horrible to lose 2 family members within 3 hours.

We were at the Biergarten for lunch just 2 days before, I do remember him.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family.
              ~~Jodi~~
              Next WDW trip coming up 10-5-10 to 10-15-10, Wilderness Lodge Villas. :yea:

Comment

Terrible news. I vaguely recall him. I really enjoyed my time at the Biergarten.

Comment

That is so freaky. Obviosly George would not allow himself to be upstaged.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X