Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Can someone confirm Space Mountain's refurb?

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can someone confirm Space Mountain's refurb?

Space Junk, whats your name? lol
    Space What?!

Comment

i personly like watching wishes from a top of Casey's conner.

Comment

Originally posted by bdawg933 View Post
        question... how old are you?
        A gentleman never tells. But let's just say I'm old enough to remember Space Mountain when it was a great attraction.

not only that.. no kidding... its the ORIGINAL from the 70's unchanged. If you dont like it.. dont ride it.. or how about saying 'no' when your friend "drags" you onto the ride. it is ok to say no...
        Yeah. IT's a dinosaur. Like a sad old woman who still dresses up like the showgirl she once was, but sadly isn't putting anything over on anyone.

As to being dragged on, you are right. But I'm very non-confontational, and I am very nice to my friends so I did something I wasn't thrilled about. I just wish one of my friends would drag me out for a nice dinner instead !!!

pretty simple im my case..

but again.. you say you have good authority... but theres not proof.

and if your looking for something thats wild and thrilling... universal and sea world are only a few min away....
        Why do I smell fresh meat in the water?

I don't want to attack a newbie, so I'll just say go look into my track record here. Even if I had 'proof' I would never place it here and cause a friend to lose a job or get into serious trouble.

Anyway, since this is your first time I'll be really gentle ... I won't say anything about your regrettable final comment.

Comment

Originally posted by danyoung View Post
          I agree that the ride isn't as smooth as it used to me, and that it's bordering on not fun. That's still no proof that parts are falling off the ride, or that it's dangerously close to cataclysmic failure.

And welcome back '74 - missed you, big fella!
          Just visiting Danny ... but thanks just the same.

I've come to a very smart, very obvious conclusion ... and that's spending hours a week on Disney fan sites arguing back and forth about what I know to be true just isn't fun.

Living online also doesn't promote a healthy lifestyle at all. (Seriously!)

I'd rather hang out in a Disney park ... or any place outside then spend time sitting at a computer.

But please come back here later ... I will be starting an 'Ohana thread in your honor tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post
            Just visiting Danny ... but thanks just the same.
            I like hearing what you know.

Originally posted by bdawg933
            i love how everyone talks **** about newbies.. you can all say what you want. no newbie here. Just because i dont have a lot of posts doesnt mean im a newb. I just came on here to find out about the space mountain referb.

you are obivous the same as them all. an old one whos been on here for a long time. and your complaining about living online is a bad thing? Look at YOUR track record.

Dont sit there and try and talk the talk and try and look like youve got balls behind you..
            were all adults here, if youve got something to say, say it.

Not only that, no one ever asked you about the ride, or how it rides, or how the false accusations of the ride falling apart. Look at the title of this thread.

and my regrettable final comment? hahah you dont want to know my final comment, and it wont be regrettable.
            The man knows what he is talking about. And I believe it was Space Junk, a Space Mountian Cast Member, who brought up the ride parts issue.

Comment

That may be true. But i was once a space mountain cast member myself. im pretty credible
              Space What?!

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                I like hearing what you know.

The man knows what he is talking about.
                Thanks.

And that's why I'll try and pop in from time to time. I just can't/won't be a regular anymore.

But if you or anyone else wants to drop me a PM or email, I'll try and answer.

Comment

Before I post about the topic I would just like to say I have been reading micechat since it started and this is obviously my first post...I hate posting since I work for Disney, but I cannot handle it anymore.

I currently work with SM, and actually work the attraction as an RO every so often.

First of all, nothing that falls from the ride is anything other than lost and found items. If any CM's find bolts during track walks it is because Facilities decided that they were going to leave old bolts lying around instead of cleaning up after installing things such as brakes, that I can assure everyone.

There is no structural problem with the ride itself, far from it. If there were we would not be operating it, that I can also assure everyone.

Every single morning the attraction is signed over to ops, and that certifies that it is safe to operate and that all preventative and corrective matinence has been performed. There really is no reason to speculate about wether something is going to happen to the ride, it is and will always be just as safe as every other Disney attraction or we wouldnt operate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                    Before I post about the topic I would just like to say I have been reading micechat since it started and this is obviously my first post...I hate posting since I work for Disney, but I cannot handle it anymore.

I currently work with SM, and actually work the attraction as an RO every so often.

First of all, nothing that falls from the ride is anything other than lost and found items. If any CM's find bolts during track walks it is because Facilities decided that they were going to leave old bolts lying around instead of cleaning up after installing things such as brakes, that I can assure everyone.

There is no structural problem with the ride itself, far from it. If there were we would not be operating it, that I can also assure everyone.

Every single morning the attraction is signed over to ops, and that certifies that it is safe to operate and that all preventative and corrective matinence has been performed. There really is no reason to speculate about wether something is going to happen to the ride, it is and will always be just as safe as every other Disney attraction or we wouldnt operate it.
                    and thank you very much. anyone else want to disagree?? Disagree with REAL cast members working(ed) there??
                    Space What?!

Comment

and thank you very much. anyone else want to disagree?? Disagree with REAL cast members working(ed) there??
                      Sure.

I love being disagreeable.

I don't believe someone who posts once has a great deal of credibility. That's just my opinion. And I'm not even disagreeing with what the poster said. I don't believe pieces are falling off of the ride on a regular basis. Even Disney wouldn't be stupid enough to run an attraction in that condition, one would hope.

But to say it's in optimal operating condition just isn't so. There's a reason there have been plans to gut the thing for five years now.

And also recall that no one said DL's Big Thunder Mtn. RR had issues before it killed a guest and injured a half dozen more.

I know, for instance, there have been some huge near misses with monorails where guests and/or CMs could have been injured or killed over the past few years. Yet you won't read about it anywhere. You won't hear about it. That doesn't change the basic fact that well ... it's true.

I'll just be glad when SM is closed and people start whining about how it's ruining their magical WDW vacations etc `... compared to any of the versions in the world (even HKDL Lite's) it is an old joke that simply isn't funny anymore.

Comment

you dont even know what caused what happened at BTM in DLR. It had nothing to do with the actual ride itself, design, or the CM's that operated it.
                        How does posting here a lot somehow make you credible? That is a ridiculous claim. So using your logic someone that lives in Oregon that visits the parks once a year but posts a 1000 times a year is more credible than someone that works for the company?

Pieces dont fall off the ride at all, you guys really need to get past that. If any piece ever fell off it would be shut down immediatley.

The reason it will be redone is because the track is nearing the end of its operational life as it was DESIGNED to do, nothing unusual.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                          Disney kept running BTM at DL, until the infamous accident happened, proving it was in unsafe condition, so why should I believe you?

Comment

Originally posted by BALASADA View Post
                            I checked and Space Mountain closed April 2003 and reopened July 2005 They closed earlier than expected because they could not promise it would be open in time for the 50th celebration of Disneyland. Unless they found a new way I expect it to be down also for at least 2 years.

It is all a question of how far they are willing to crack the wallet open. If they spend more money I'll bet that it could be done in less time. Of course we know what the chance of that happening is.
                            Last edited by fkurucz; 03-05-2008, 08:48 AM. Reason: typo correction

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHost2 View Post
                              I think it needs an extra warning that it is 1000 times jerkier than any other WDW ride.
                              LOL! After riding DL's SM, WDW's SM does feel like a carnival ride.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHost2 View Post
                                Disney kept running BTM at DL, until the infamous accident happened, proving it was in unsafe condition, so why should I believe you?
                                I'm sorry, but you are mistaken.

The BTM accident happened because a mechanic failed to properly reattach a wheel and/or axle. It WAS indicative of howmaintenance standards had slipped as far as upkeep during the Pressler/Harris/T Irby era, but there were no faults with the ride itself. Soon after the accident, ALL of the police and OSHA reports were posted online. I'm sure they can be found if one spends some time with google.

Originally posted by fkurucz View Post
                                It is all a question of how far they are willing to crack the wallet open. If they spend more money I'll bet that it could be done in less time. Of course we know what the chance of that happening is.
                                As mentioned earlier, it took longer in DL because they closed it earlier than expected because there were safety issues. The day it closed, they had CMs scheduled to work the ride; it was that sudden. So they weren't ready to start the work yet.

Cheers
                                Remember
                                What the dormouse said
                                Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X