Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Can someone confirm Space Mountain's refurb?

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MickeysGlove28
    started a topic Can someone confirm Space Mountain's refurb?

Can someone confirm Space Mountain's refurb?

I heard that Space Mountain would be closed for nearly all of 2008 for refurb and possible new cars/themeing. I can't find this anywhere else, though. Does anyone know if this is true? I'm going to WDW next week and wanted to know everything that would be closed.

• Twist_of_Fate
    replied
    Re: Can someone confirm Space Mountain's refurb?

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I don't know. "Space Mountain, ride it before it collapses again." lacks any sort of mention of dreams and/or magic. How else will I know it is the vastly superior dream filled DisneyPark product?
    Space Mountain: Live the dream! Ride it before the magic wears out (and it collapses again)...MUCH better.

Frankly, although I think the Hollywood coaster sounds interesting, I think it has issues. For example, on the music selection, is that on-ride or afterwards for your music video? How broad is the range of songs? How do you input them? HOW ARE THEY GOING TO STREAMLINE THIS PROCESS FOR A ROLLER COASTER? How are they going to handle the music video demand? Just things like that...

Leave a comment:

• Space Junk
    replied

Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post
    I don't know what 'evidence' you've found, but I will say that Space Mountain should have definitely been gutted and rebuilt at some point in the 1990s.

It is sad and laughable that it is running in its current state and that fans defend it.
    all i can say is this....ive seen hidden documents that were stored in a very obscure location that detailed all the reasons that the refurb was pushed back since 1989. This even includes lists of parts on back order and such

Leave a comment:

• WDW1974
    replied

Good point!

Leave a comment:

• lazyboy97O
    replied

Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post
    Sadly, it would appear this might be a good marketing slogan.
    I don't know. "Space Mountain, ride it before it collapses again." lacks any sort of mention of dreams and/or magic. How else will I know it is the vastly superior dream filled DisneyPark product?

Leave a comment:

• WDW1974
    replied

Originally posted by Space Junk View Post
    yeah...they cant afford to do it earlier, but they really cant push it back anymore.

i found evidence that indicates thyve pushed back this refurb since 1989 due to attendance concerns and budget, but now....theyre out of time...it NEEDS to happen!! yay!!
    I don't know what 'evidence' you've found, but I will say that Space Mountain should have definitely been gutted and rebuilt at some point in the 1990s.

It is sad and laughable that it is running in its current state and that fans defend it.

Leave a comment:

• WDW1974
    replied

Originally posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::l mao::lmao::lmao:

Universal slogan for 2009/10: Come and visit the Enchanting World of Hogwarts. Ride in the wacky world of Krustyland with The Simspons Ride, and rock out on Hollywood Rip it, Rock it, Ride it.

WDW slogan for 2010: Space Mountain, ride it before it collapses again.
    Sadly, it would appear this might be a good marketing slogan.

Time is running down for management to make major decisions to update things like Space, add new attractions and entertainment and generally freshen up the stalest park (well, maybe not ... the Park Formerly Known as The Disney-MGM Studios is very sad in its own right) in Orlando.

Because Universal and Busch are making all sorts of investments in their parks and Disney is relying on stale magic and marketing to pull the wool over the eyes of undiscerning tourists who don't know any better.

Leave a comment:

• Space Junk
    replied

Originally posted by tracestar View Post
    Thats good news for me....I missed it last time we were there about 4-5 years ago and if I had missed it again that would have been sad...At least it will make me happy if they put it back till 2009

yeah...they cant afford to do it earlier, but they really cant push it back anymore.

i found evidence that indicates thyve pushed back this refurb since 1989 due to attendance concerns and budget, but now....theyre out of time...it NEEDS to happen!! yay!!

Leave a comment:

• lazyboy97O
    replied

Thats good news for me....I missed it last time we were there about 4-5 years ago and if I had missed it again that would have been sad...At least it will make me happy if they put it back till 2009
    The problem with the big refurb/rebuild being pushed back is that Space Mountain is experiencing more downtown due to operational issues. I'd rather miss out now and now I could expect a stellar experience when I return than have the possibility of experiencing an attraction that has been beaten so badly.

Leave a comment:

• tracestar
    replied

Originally posted by Space Junk View Post
    all im saying is expect it to actually happen in january 2009....

Leave a comment:

• lazyboy97O
    replied

Originally posted by ti2gr View Post
    and not sure on Japan
    Space Mountain was recently, in the past year or two, updated at Tokyo Disneyland. No track replacement and still no audio, but new effects and queue, including a new sleek looking spaceship.

Leave a comment:

• DLRP_bopazot
    replied

Originally posted by ti2gr View Post
    ...... I would like to see the launch sequence outside like the one in Paris.
    I agree but Space Mountain De la Terre a La Lune theme only .

Leave a comment:

• ti2gr
    replied

Since the Space Mountain in the Magic Kingdom is the oldest one and I beleive the only one that hasn't been redone yet, I think it's time to redo the attraction. Space Mountain in Paris was morphed intop Space Mountain 2 and Space Mountain in California was totally gutted and the ride rebuilt. Hong Kong is still too new and not sure on Japan, but with the money that the Oriental Land Company throws into the parks (the way Disney SHOULD be doing things, it's probably been rebuilt 10 or 12 times already through routine maintenance. I hope they go ahead with the year long closure starting in 2009 and rebuild the total ride inside the cone. Whether that means just 1 track or two I don't care. I would like to see the launch sequence outside like the one in Paris.

Leave a comment:

• Space Junk
    replied

So...Is it looking like the refurb will be happening this year...?...
    all im saying is expect it to actually happen in january 2009....

Leave a comment:

• tracestar
    replied

So...Is it looking like the refurb will be happening this year...?...

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X