This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Light Goodness

The low light lens I'm using (Canon 50mm f/1.2) for my Rebel XT sometimes does amazing things, and I needed a place to share these photos every week.

Photobucket to the rescue! (click to see larger version)

Does anyone else have low-light photos to share?

Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

Re: Low Light Goodness

Wow. Not only is it a great shot, but the detail on it came out really well. Do you have more of them Kevin?
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

WOW! That's beautiful! The detail on her skin is amazing.

Comment

Dude! that is awesome.

Comment

Very niiiiice! More, please.

Comment

Nicely done. Taking good photos in low light is tough!
            My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

whoa. that's a great pic. I have a Cannon Rebel.....not digital. It was on sale, and I wanted it for my pictures I take for competitions. Hubby tried to talk me into a regular digital, I swore I'd never want one...and he bought it for me. A year later....I bought a regular Cannon digital.

So, here's my question for all you camera experts...can I take the same pictures you take with my regular Cannon Rebel?

Comment

Awesome! What is this a picture of? I know it's Ursula. But, is this Fantasmic!?

Comment

Great picture, I have tons (I use a 1.5/50mm) but this is your thread Kevin, more please.
                  -Jack :geek:
                  Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Pretty!! Do you have more to share?

Comment

yeah, I have low light photos. I have that same lens...

Comment

Originally posted by neuhickman79 View Post
                        Awesome! What is this a picture of? I know it's Ursula. But, is this Fantasmic!?
                        That's from The Little Mermaid show in DHS, great photo Kevin! I'm anxious to see what else you can get.

Comment

Thats a great picture ya got there!

Here is one I got from the Nemo Musical!

I didn't take with any kind of fancy low light lens, but a 55-200 mm zoom lens.
                          Click here for most recent TR with night shots of Tomorrowland! (WDW)

WDW Photo update <Hidden Mickeys - Details - and SM with the lights on>

Comment

one of the cameras in my household is cannon point and shoot and it doesn't do too bad., the other is cannon digital rebel xti and currently we have three lenses. One is the low lilght lense. I have to admit, I am truly amazed with the pictures that can come from that lense. now If I can only figure out how to take clearer pictures while the ride is moving.

Comment

Chris,

Manual mode.
                              set shutter speed to 30
                              set ISO to 1600
                              set f-stop to 1.2 (or your lowest possible number)

Then, gulp hard, and set the lens to manual focus, not auto-focus.

Now ride the ride ten times, snapping photos almost nonstop, twisting the lens slightly between each to adjust focus, since you can't tell if it's really in focus or not.

Get home, throw away 90% of the shots, and keep the best.

Then, repeat on your next visit, only change one factor: the shutter speed. Bring it to 15 or even 10 for a slow moving ride. Bring it to 45 or 60 for a very fast ride.
                              Kevin Yee
                              MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
                              Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
                              Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
                              Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
                              Mouse Trap
                              Tokyo Disney Made Easy
                              101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
                              Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X