I have over 80 photos here:

Some larger:

Polynesian Pool Rehab:

T-Rex:

Fultons:

Contemporary:

Doors finally being installed:

New firehouse near MK (opening soon):

SSE (I love getting the thigh/tummy reduction in the video!)

Sunset at Epcot:

Also, I found this old photo of me (on a photo CD my sister made), 25 years ago with my SSE shirt (the one I bought as a reproduction this year) .

Last edited by nbodyhome; 02-16-2008, 01:01 PM.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.
  • halltd
    MiceChatter
    • Jan 2008

Re: 2/15 Contemporary, T-Rex, SSE, and Epcot Sunset Photos by Denise

Great pics as always Denise. Do we know how many floors the "donut wing" is going to be? I keep wanting it to just stop where it is. ha ha!!

Also, where is the Dolly museum (from your other site)?
    -Tim

Comment

• nbodyhome
      Little Miss Sunshine
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by halltd View Post
      Great pics as always Denise. Do we know how many floors the "donut wing" is going to be? I keep wanting it to just stop where it is. ha ha!!

Also, where is the Dolly museum (from your other site)?

Thanks! And I believe I've read 15 - 16 stories tall! There is quite a lot more to do (I would rather see it stop too).

The Dolly Parton theater wasn't a museum, it was a dinner show (I'll change that to Dixie Stampede, which is the official name). It is now closed.
      Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

• halltd
        MiceChatter
        • Jan 2008

Fifteen to sixteen floors? Wow! It already annoys me you can see the Contemporary tower from Splash Mountain. You're going to be able to see the new tower from everywhere. I guess they didn't learn anything from the Swan and Dolphin when it comes to sight lines from within one of their theme parks.
        -Tim

Comment

• nbodyhome
          Little Miss Sunshine
          • Dec 2005

Fifteen to sixteen floors? Wow! It already annoys me you can see the Contemporary tower from Splash Mountain. You're going to be able to see the new tower from everywhere. I guess they didn't learn anything from the Swan and Dolphin when it comes to sight lines from within one of their theme parks.
          If you google "CRV concept art", you should find what it is supposed to look like.

I'm just curious if the main building will still be called "the tower" (since it appears it may be dwarfed). I do love the Swan and Dolphin resorts, but it'd be nice if you couldn't see them as well from Epcot. BUT, you can also see the Eiffel Tower from the BW - so it works both ways.
          Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

• halltd
            MiceChatter
            • Jan 2008

Well, the existing tower is 15 floors, right? So, I guess the new tower will be several feet taller since there's one more floor and a big chunk at the top (on top of the elevator core I'm guessing). It still surprises me this got approved.

If you look back to why WDW was even created, it was because Walt didn't like the fact you could see outside hotels and restaurants from within the park. It completely destroyed the illusion of being in a different world. He bought up all that land to prevent things like this from happening.

I can see the Dolphin and Swan mistakes because the company was going through some financial difficulties at the time. But, this tower just blows my mind. Not only will you be able to see it from within the Magic Kingdom, I'm willing to bet from inside the rooms, you'll be able to see all kinds of backstage areas at the MK.
            -Tim

Comment

• MJMcB
              We'll hold them at bay
              • Apr 2006

those are great pics of Epcot at night.
              www.jamboeveryone.com
              Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

• nbodyhome
                Little Miss Sunshine
                • Dec 2005

I can see the Dolphin and Swan mistakes because the company was going through some financial difficulties at the time. But, this tower just blows my mind. Not only will you be able to see it from within the Magic Kingdom, I'm willing to bet from inside the rooms, you'll be able to see all kinds of backstage areas at the MK.
                Yup - and it looks like it will be really massive, I can't even imagine yet! I guess those will be very nice view rooms at the top of the building, though.

Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
                those are great pics of Epcot at night.

Thanks! If I had my tripod, I'd have used the ISO 80, but they came out pretty good anyway.
                Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

• MJMcB
                  We'll hold them at bay
                  • Apr 2006

I particularly like the boat in action in front of Canada
                  www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

• nbodyhome
                    Little Miss Sunshine
                    • Dec 2005

I particularly like the boat in action in front of Canada
                    Thanks! My favorite in the set is the reflection shot, that was something a little different. I didn't even notice the sunset until my friend mentioned it, I can't believe I was that oblivious!
                    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

• Iluvdisney
                      making magic is fun!
                      • Nov 2007

great pictures !!

I cant wait for that TREX place to open my sons will love that.
                      Last edited by Iluvdisney; 02-16-2008, 02:58 PM.
                      Kelly

Comment

• danyoung
                        Super Old Guy
                        • Jan 2005

Wonderful pics as always, Denise, especially the sunset ones. It's funny that you and others have mentioned the sightlines of the Swan and Dolphin. When I saw your pic of the S/D on the dusk skyline, my first thought was that I've never understood why people have a problem with this. They look stunning, as unique and beautiful as any other signature building around the World Showcase. Just because they're hotels and not actually in the park does nothing to diminish their beauty to me.

Comment

• nbodyhome
                          Little Miss Sunshine
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by danyoung View Post
                          Wonderful pics as always, Denise, especially the sunset ones. It's funny that you and others have mentioned the sightlines of the Swan and Dolphin. When I saw your pic of the S/D on the dusk skyline, my first thought was that I've never understood why people have a problem with this. They look stunning, as unique and beautiful as any other signature building around the World Showcase. Just because they're hotels and not actually in the park does nothing to diminish their beauty to me.
                          Thank you, Dan! The shots don't look good blown up (a tripod would help next time!), but they were just spur-of-the-moment.

I totally understand why others would have problems with the sightlines. I didn't take the photos yesterday because I thought the resorts were ugly, I took the photos because they looked lovely against the sky. They are my favorite of all the Boardwalk resorts in architecture, lighting, decor, and I prefer to stay there over any other BW area resort - I also find them more enjoyable to take photos of, they are gorgeous from any angle. I have never understood the "doesn't feel like Disney" thing, I feel they are Disney+. I actually have more of a problem with the Eiffel Tower being seen from the BW, because it really does not fit in. If anything, maybe Disney built the BW just a little too close to Epcot.

There is no guarantee that Disney wouldn't have put up buildings just as large (if they built a hotel there themselves). Perhaps large DVC towers!
                          Last edited by nbodyhome; 02-16-2008, 03:12 PM.
                          Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

• halltd
                            MiceChatter
                            • Jan 2008

I'll give you the fact that the S/D are better to look at than the big Soarin' building which towers over Canada.
                            -Tim

Comment

• nbodyhome
                              Little Miss Sunshine
                              • Dec 2005

I'll give you the fact that the S/D are better to look at than the big Soarin' building which towers over Canada.
                              I agree with that!
                              Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

• SciFi96
                                missing the DisneyGallery
                                • Jun 2007

If you look back to why WDW was even created, it was because Walt didn't like the fact you could see outside hotels and restaurants from within the park.
                                Couldn't agree more about your thoughts about Splash Mtn's view of the Contemporary. However the Contemporary being able to be seen from Tomorrowland was intended, as it lended a tower of the future in the distance. Maybe Walt wouldn't mind a new tower too.
                                sigpic
                                When attractions were original

Comment

• nbodyhome
                                  Little Miss Sunshine
                                  • Dec 2005

I forgot to add a pic of Wolfgang Puck, it's down for rehab at the Marketplace:

Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

• MJMcB
                                    We'll hold them at bay
                                    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                                    I forgot to add a pic of Wolfgang Puck, it's down for rehab at the Marketplace:

I have never eaten there, any good?
                                    www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

• nbodyhome
                                      Little Miss Sunshine
                                      • Dec 2005

I have never eaten there, any good?
                                      It's one of my favorite counter service restaurants (like real sit-down food, very tasty!)

Hopefully it doesn't change too much.
                                      Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

• halltd
                                        MiceChatter
                                        • Jan 2008

How did I not know there were three Puck's at Downtown Disney? So, there's one sit down on the West Side, one "Express" on the West Side and another "Express" at the Marketplace? Wow.
                                        -Tim

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X