Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2/15 Contemporary, T-Rex, SSE, and Epcot Sunset Photos by Denise

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2/15 Contemporary, T-Rex, SSE, and Epcot Sunset Photos by Denise

    I have over 80 photos here:


    http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?...d=34&Itemid=65


    Some larger:



    Polynesian Pool Rehab:





    T-Rex:




    Fultons:






    Contemporary:














    Doors finally being installed:





    New firehouse near MK (opening soon):






    SSE (I love getting the thigh/tummy reduction in the video!)








    Sunset at Epcot:















    Also, I found this old photo of me (on a photo CD my sister made), 25 years ago with my SSE shirt (the one I bought as a reproduction this year) .



    Last edited by nbodyhome; 02-16-2008, 01:01 PM.
    Denise

    www.mousesteps.com




    Favorite TDL Typo:

    Originally posted by TDLFAN
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

  • #2
    Re: 2/15 Contemporary, T-Rex, SSE, and Epcot Sunset Photos by Denise

    Great pics as always Denise. Do we know how many floors the "donut wing" is going to be? I keep wanting it to just stop where it is. ha ha!!

    Also, where is the Dolly museum (from your other site)?
    -Tim

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: 2/15 Contemporary, T-Rex, SSE, and Epcot Sunset Photos by Denise

      Originally posted by halltd View Post
      Great pics as always Denise. Do we know how many floors the "donut wing" is going to be? I keep wanting it to just stop where it is. ha ha!!

      Also, where is the Dolly museum (from your other site)?

      Thanks! And I believe I've read 15 - 16 stories tall! There is quite a lot more to do (I would rather see it stop too).

      The Dolly Parton theater wasn't a museum, it was a dinner show (I'll change that to Dixie Stampede, which is the official name). It is now closed.
      Denise

      www.mousesteps.com




      Favorite TDL Typo:

      Originally posted by TDLFAN
      I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
      on Bay Lake.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: 2/15 Contemporary, T-Rex, SSE, and Epcot Sunset Photos by Denise

        Fifteen to sixteen floors? Wow! It already annoys me you can see the Contemporary tower from Splash Mountain. You're going to be able to see the new tower from everywhere. I guess they didn't learn anything from the Swan and Dolphin when it comes to sight lines from within one of their theme parks.
        -Tim

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: 2/15 Contemporary, T-Rex, SSE, and Epcot Sunset Photos by Denise

          Originally posted by halltd View Post
          Fifteen to sixteen floors? Wow! It already annoys me you can see the Contemporary tower from Splash Mountain. You're going to be able to see the new tower from everywhere. I guess they didn't learn anything from the Swan and Dolphin when it comes to sight lines from within one of their theme parks.
          If you google "CRV concept art", you should find what it is supposed to look like.

          I'm just curious if the main building will still be called "the tower" (since it appears it may be dwarfed). I do love the Swan and Dolphin resorts, but it'd be nice if you couldn't see them as well from Epcot. BUT, you can also see the Eiffel Tower from the BW - so it works both ways.
          Denise

          www.mousesteps.com




          Favorite TDL Typo:

          Originally posted by TDLFAN
          I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
          on Bay Lake.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: 2/15 Contemporary, T-Rex, SSE, and Epcot Sunset Photos by Denise

            Well, the existing tower is 15 floors, right? So, I guess the new tower will be several feet taller since there's one more floor and a big chunk at the top (on top of the elevator core I'm guessing). It still surprises me this got approved.

            If you look back to why WDW was even created, it was because Walt didn't like the fact you could see outside hotels and restaurants from within the park. It completely destroyed the illusion of being in a different world. He bought up all that land to prevent things like this from happening.

            I can see the Dolphin and Swan mistakes because the company was going through some financial difficulties at the time. But, this tower just blows my mind. Not only will you be able to see it from within the Magic Kingdom, I'm willing to bet from inside the rooms, you'll be able to see all kinds of backstage areas at the MK.
            -Tim

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: 2/15 Contemporary, T-Rex, SSE, and Epcot Sunset Photos by Denise

              those are great pics of Epcot at night.
              www.jamboeveryone.com
              Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: 2/15 Contemporary, T-Rex, SSE, and Epcot Sunset Photos by Denise

                Originally posted by halltd View Post

                I can see the Dolphin and Swan mistakes because the company was going through some financial difficulties at the time. But, this tower just blows my mind. Not only will you be able to see it from within the Magic Kingdom, I'm willing to bet from inside the rooms, you'll be able to see all kinds of backstage areas at the MK.
                Yup - and it looks like it will be really massive, I can't even imagine yet! I guess those will be very nice view rooms at the top of the building, though.


                Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
                those are great pics of Epcot at night.

                Thanks! If I had my tripod, I'd have used the ISO 80, but they came out pretty good anyway.
                Denise

                www.mousesteps.com




                Favorite TDL Typo:

                Originally posted by TDLFAN
                I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                on Bay Lake.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: 2/15 Contemporary, T-Rex, SSE, and Epcot Sunset Photos by Denise

                  I particularly like the boat in action in front of Canada
                  www.jamboeveryone.com
                  Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: 2/15 Contemporary, T-Rex, SSE, and Epcot Sunset Photos by Denise

                    Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
                    I particularly like the boat in action in front of Canada
                    Thanks! My favorite in the set is the reflection shot, that was something a little different. I didn't even notice the sunset until my friend mentioned it, I can't believe I was that oblivious!
                    Denise

                    www.mousesteps.com




                    Favorite TDL Typo:

                    Originally posted by TDLFAN
                    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                    on Bay Lake.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: 2/15 Contemporary, T-Rex, SSE, and Epcot Sunset Photos by Denise

                      great pictures !!

                      I cant wait for that TREX place to open my sons will love that.
                      Last edited by Iluvdisney; 02-16-2008, 02:58 PM.
                      Kelly

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: 2/15 Contemporary, T-Rex, SSE, and Epcot Sunset Photos by Denise

                        Wonderful pics as always, Denise, especially the sunset ones. It's funny that you and others have mentioned the sightlines of the Swan and Dolphin. When I saw your pic of the S/D on the dusk skyline, my first thought was that I've never understood why people have a problem with this. They look stunning, as unique and beautiful as any other signature building around the World Showcase. Just because they're hotels and not actually in the park does nothing to diminish their beauty to me.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: 2/15 Contemporary, T-Rex, SSE, and Epcot Sunset Photos by Denise

                          Originally posted by danyoung View Post
                          Wonderful pics as always, Denise, especially the sunset ones. It's funny that you and others have mentioned the sightlines of the Swan and Dolphin. When I saw your pic of the S/D on the dusk skyline, my first thought was that I've never understood why people have a problem with this. They look stunning, as unique and beautiful as any other signature building around the World Showcase. Just because they're hotels and not actually in the park does nothing to diminish their beauty to me.
                          Thank you, Dan! The shots don't look good blown up (a tripod would help next time!), but they were just spur-of-the-moment.

                          I totally understand why others would have problems with the sightlines. I didn't take the photos yesterday because I thought the resorts were ugly, I took the photos because they looked lovely against the sky. They are my favorite of all the Boardwalk resorts in architecture, lighting, decor, and I prefer to stay there over any other BW area resort - I also find them more enjoyable to take photos of, they are gorgeous from any angle. I have never understood the "doesn't feel like Disney" thing, I feel they are Disney+. I actually have more of a problem with the Eiffel Tower being seen from the BW, because it really does not fit in. If anything, maybe Disney built the BW just a little too close to Epcot.

                          There is no guarantee that Disney wouldn't have put up buildings just as large (if they built a hotel there themselves). Perhaps large DVC towers!
                          Last edited by nbodyhome; 02-16-2008, 03:12 PM.
                          Denise

                          www.mousesteps.com




                          Favorite TDL Typo:

                          Originally posted by TDLFAN
                          I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                          on Bay Lake.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: 2/15 Contemporary, T-Rex, SSE, and Epcot Sunset Photos by Denise

                            I'll give you the fact that the S/D are better to look at than the big Soarin' building which towers over Canada.
                            -Tim

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: 2/15 Contemporary, T-Rex, SSE, and Epcot Sunset Photos by Denise

                              Originally posted by halltd View Post
                              I'll give you the fact that the S/D are better to look at than the big Soarin' building which towers over Canada.
                              I agree with that!
                              Denise

                              www.mousesteps.com




                              Favorite TDL Typo:

                              Originally posted by TDLFAN
                              I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                              on Bay Lake.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X