This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignored Movies!!

Ive been noticing that there are many movies (quite a few of which are my favorites) that disney just slides under the rug : Hunchback of Notre Dame, Jungle Book, Pocahontas (to an extent), Hercules, and Aristocats, mainly.

What is the deal? a lot of these did well, and yet I see little to no referencing of them in the parks. Pocahontas has a little show at AK and a lower quality costume at some kiosks, but thats about it.

I'm especially upset about HND. I love that movie..
    Where hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls...Whenever candle lights flicker, where the air is deathly still...That is the time when ghosts are present

Re: Ignored Movies!!

There was a show for The Hunchback of Notre Dame at the Disney-MGM Studios.

The vast size of the Disney film library makes it impossible to represent everything. The parks were also, at least at one time, considered to be separate from the films. The parks were not thought as just a physical representation of the latest movie fad.

Comment

Originally posted by giggling_gargoyles View Post
      Ive been noticing that there are many movies (quite a few of which are my favorites) that disney just slides under the rug : Hunchback of Notre Dame, Jungle Book, Pocahontas (to an extent), Hercules, and Aristocats, mainly.

What is the deal? a lot of these did well, and yet I see little to no referencing of them in the parks. Pocahontas has a little show at AK and a lower quality costume at some kiosks, but thats about it.

Hi Giggle,

Disney has a library of over 50 movies. It's impossible for them to create rides for everything. They do a pretty good focusing on a good combo of animated features and adult ride themes (Indiana Jones, Twilight Zone, Rock n' Rollercoaster).

Welcome to MiceChat

Comment

Originally posted by giggling_gargoyles View Post

The Jungle Book has a show at AK for the first year before Tarzan moved in then Nemo.
        Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey joe View Post
          The Jungle Book has a show at AK for the first year before Tarzan moved in then Nemo.
          Really? I didnt know that?

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey joe View Post
            and its still the best show they have had there
            www.jamboeveryone.com
            Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Emperor's new grooooove!!!
              ------

------

Comment

Most glaring omission (as long as we're not restricted to animated features):

Mary Poppins.

'nuff said.
                48 Favourites From WDW [Photos]

Comment

I would love to see a couple of new Fantasyland dark rides based on some of these ignored movies. Mary Poppins would be fine. Robin Hood. Jungle Book. etc etc
                  www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
                    I would love to see a couple of new Fantasyland dark rides based on some of these ignored movies. Mary Poppins would be fine. Robin Hood. Jungle Book. etc etc
                    Mary Poppins is first on my list for a brand new dark ride. With emphasis on the Jolly Holiday sequence.

I wish that fantasyland could get a new one and soon. I'm kind of getting tired of the same old rides in fantasyland.
                    Visit

Click the Banner

Comment

I would even accept a new movie, such as Hercules or Pochontas, but I would love a Jungle Book water dark ride or a Robin Hood dark ride. I am surprised they don't do a Princess one such as Sleeping Beauty. Or perhaps even an Enchanted
                      www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

Mary Poppins could fit into the UK pavilion at Epcot I think...
                        My Blog: http://imagineeringmind.wordpress.com

Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisFL View Post
                          Mary Poppins could fit into the UK pavilion at Epcot I think...
                          sure could. So could a Robin Hood dark ride methinks
                          www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

Oliver and Company...

:whistling

Comment

Originally posted by drnilescrane View Post
                              Oliver and Company...

:whistling
                              I like Oliver & Company.

why should I worry...why should I care...............
                              www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X