This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quick TP from the MK

Yes, TDLFAN paid a surprised visit to the MK... to rave reviews from other guests and drats from management. But that's how it is..

Got there at about 3:30pm... with the skies partly cloudy. Managed to park in the AAA lot.

This is what caught my attention today...
    -New "Million Dreams" banners in the main parking lot. Cute banners hung from some of the light posts in the MK parking lot. So now your dreams can come true from the moment you paid the absurd $11 parking fee.

-Those tacky ribbon/banner-like signs at the TTC (you know... the ones with bad colors that fade in intense heat.. violet, red, blue and green) are being repainted again, but sadly, in the same heat-fading colors. Personally, I would love for them to give the TTC a more elegant themed look to it. Why can't they turn the TTC into a victorian style seaside village, a la Boardwalk.. with a nicer gift shop and cosmetic enhancements. It would be much more classy and welcoming to what we have today:A tacky 70s looking Dupont village of colors.

-More new "Million Dreams" banners at the ML monorail station, above the MK turnstyles and down good old Main St. In regards to the MK monorail station, I don't recall them ever doing anything special here, so that is a welcomed change. However, all of these banners are more like free hanging flags... which I guess are ok.. but could have been better designed, or maybe a bit nicer in execution?

-The MK. Not much new here to talk about. The City Hall is still covered in scaffolding, and yes, the clock tower on top of it has been removed... possibly for maintenance and only for the time being. I do expect it to be back If not.. maybe they will re-install it at HKDL somewhere. Other areas of the Mk are also undergoing some maintenance and are under tarps.

- I like those Mickey B/W shorts from way back they are playing again in the Cinema, still a store but the Mickey show in the back is nice.

-The new Arribas store on Main Street has turned out quite nice, and it is a welcomed addition to an otherwise bland Main Street lineup of stores, with even blander HSM and KB Toys merchandise.

-Rode HM just to see how well it's holding up since the remake. I still do not like that most of the pre-show has played by the time you enter the welcome hall and circular room with no windows and no doors...Hmmm? Most new props are still operative, thank God.

-Mid afternoon announcements for "tickets available for tonight's Princess and Pirate parties" are still being played full blast over the PA system... effectively killing whatever mood is left in the MK in regards to sights and sounds. Very shrewed of Disney to advertise this for day guests.. and If I was one of them day guests paying full price, I would march into City Hall and give Arnaldo from San Juan a piece of my mind in regards to that. SHAME MK! Why can't they just make these dying parties into a daily/seasonal event for ALL guests? I think it's a shame that one of the MK's best pyro shows have to be seen by only a handful of guests at a very stiff price.

-While we are on this topic... it bothers me that preparations for the party can be seen by day guests in areas where the Princess and pirate theme does not fit. Example... Pirates and wenches in Tomorrowland at 5pm? Why are also the projections associated with the decor for the parties also lit up at this time of the day? There is something terribly wrong when you walk over a projected skull on the floor, immediately outside of the COP attraction..

Theme and show be the darned at the MK. What else is new?

Oh well... on a positive side, the park seemed a bit clean, which is usually the case when the crowds at the MK are slow.. but I have noticed a majoy accumulation of dead tree leaves that I refuse to believe are the residue of just one day accumulation in the park. The problem was quite apparent in the TTC area and some areas of the MK. Also... accumulation of water in most areas of the MK seem to be a concern, at least to me since it isn't management's by the looks of it. At other Disney parks.. I have seen CMs with mops cleaning up this type of stuff, but at the MK... it's a recurrent problem that is out of control and NO one is doing anything about it. That's bad! Such water accumulation, creates mildew buildup and are hazard spots. One of these days, any little precious boy or girl from the midwest will run over such water ponds, slide, and hit his/her head hard on the dirty pavement. NOT a good show and one problem that is being neglected on a daily basis at the MK.

Another positive... TDLFAN liked the white flower beds in Town Square.. Makes the whole area look very wintery... like snow. Now why didn't they do this for the Xmas season?

Finally... I feel bad for anyone who is there tonight for the Princess and Pirate party. At around 5:30pm the skies turned nasty dark and grey and as I was leaving the MK, a huge wall of water came down from the sky. The rain let up for a few moments allowing me to make it to my car, but as soon as I was driving out of the parking lot, it started coming down hard again.. with windy conditions and some lighting. Simply not a great evening to be at the MK. I would ask for my money back if I were going to the PP party tonight... and as I type this.. it is still raining hard out there, and I am only 15 mins away from the DTD area..

..And that's TDLFAN's QCW findings for today Feb 26th, 2008.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 02-26-2008, 03:54 PM.

Re: A quick TP from the MK

TDL - we JUST missed each other! I went into the MK around 3ish to take a few pics (none for my site), before heading back to the Contemporary. They did the grand opening of the Fantasia shop - the one that has been open for 2 months - today. I stumbled upon that by accident. I was in the Arribas Bros store around 3:15.

I agree on the weather, it was quite scary earlier! Not too bad when I left Disney, but starting to get breezy. I stopped at Costco, and it was dark as night when I got out (and I had one HUGE gust of wind blow me partly into a different lane). Fortunately no blinding rain.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Comment

It's past 11:35pm and Letterman is on... while it continues to come down over my home, with lighting and thunder. I wonder how the little faux princesses and pirates are doing at the party tonight...

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
        It's past 11:35pm and Letterman is on... while it continues to come down over my home, with lighting and thunder. I wonder how the little faux princesses and pirates are doing at the party tonight...
        They are probably floating down Main Street. It's really loud here with rain.
        Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
        I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
        on Bay Lake.

Comment

I'm new here so I don't understand the purpose of this thread. Is it just to vent your complaints or do you follow up on them?

Comment

Originally posted by MouseHipster View Post
            I'm new here so I don't understand the purpose of this thread. Is it just to vent your complaints or do you follow up on them?
            Welcome to Mice Chat!

TDLFan is known for his critical viewpoint of the parks. After having met him in person I know that he does it out of love and he really is a sweet man. Honestly though, if your looking for the cute WDW and no complaints, you've come to the wrong thread. The fun threads do exist though but TDL does tend to be our resident complainer.

As far as following up on complaints, I believe he has mentioned before that he complains to Guest Relations frequently. However, knowing TDL, they have a file on him about 50 pages thick. :lol:

Comment

Thanks for the update.

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
                Welcome to Mice Chat!

TDLFan is known for his critical viewpoint of the parks. After having met him in person I know that he does it out of love and he really is a sweet man. Honestly though, if your looking for the cute WDW and no complaints, you've come to the wrong thread. The fun threads do exist though but TDL does tend to be our resident complainer.

As far as following up on complaints, I believe he has mentioned before that he complains to Guest Relations frequently. However, knowing TDL, they have a file on him about 50 pages thick. :lol:
                Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Actually no, Summer did not clarify for you. And NO, I don't stop at Guest Relations to complain much because it does not cause effect.
                  The reason why you do not understand is because this thread is meant for those Disney spies online who lurk here 24-7 for marketing. So unless, you happen to be one of them Disney spies, the next time you see a TDLFAN TP thread, feel free to skip it. Unless you feel you have the need to add something that would enhance or counter my opinion on things..
                  BTW.. I did like the flower beds on Town Square, didn't I?

And Summer dear... that would be 75 pages at least...

Comment

Oh!! I just remember... during that walk around the MK.. I noticed this new rubber head of a red headed young girl, walking hand in hand with EEyore in the Pooh Playground. It was called to my attention that she is one of the new Playhouse Disney characters. That's Ok and dandy but, what is her name and why is she being featured at the MK?

Comment

Oh!! I just remember... during that walk around the MK.. I noticed this new rubber head of a red headed young girl, walking hand in hand with EEyore in the Pooh Playground. It was called to my attention that she is one of the new Playhouse Disney characters. That's Ok and dandy but, what is her name and why is she being featured at the MK?
                      She's the new little girl that replaced Christopher Robin. In the cartoon they took him out and put her in. Her name is Darby.

As far as her being in the MK, she does go with Winnie the Pooh, but I don't like him being there anyway. LOL

Comment

Why was Christopher Robin replaced? To avoid more lawsuits from the briton who authored Pooh? That's silly. I want CR back!!

Comment

Thank you. I thought it was me. That was the longest posting on nothing I have seen, although they did have some valid points to make, just could have made them a little shorter.
                          Lindsy - former Res Center CM (10 years)
                          www.magicaltravel.com Sponsors of the Disney Cruise Line Forum:thumbup:

Look for this logo when booking Disney.
                          Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
                          Favorite Sites for latest news:
                          WDWNewToday.com
                          WaltDisneyBoards.com
                          DisneyReporter.net.ms

Comment

What do you mean "they" ? And I offer my apologies if your attention span is short and can't read a long post about things that could be fixed at the MK, but it was your choice to read it, was it not?
                            Last edited by TDLFAN; 02-29-2008, 06:51 PM. Reason: typo fix

Comment

Why was Christopher Robin replaced? To avoid more lawsuits from the briton who authored Pooh? That's silly. I want CR back!!
                              She's a part of the Playhouse Disney show titled, My Friends Tigger & Pooh. As to why Eeyore, Piglet, Roo, and the rest of the gang were pushed aside... that's beyond me. But Darby is the girl and her dog Buster now joins the gang. Sadly, no Christopher is in sight but he is still around... just not on this program.

Thanks for the TR, as always. I can't wait to see Mickey Mouse in the Cinema on Main Street, even if it limited. :cgrin:

Comment

What do you mean "they" ? And I offer my apologies if your attention span is short and can't read a long post about things that could be fixed at the MK, but it was your choice to read it, was it not?
                                All I meant was that you had a lot of good information, but it could have been condensed a little, for a forum. You are a good writer, why don't you contact Tom over a WDW News Today and see about writing a column for him? You have a lot of good current information and I think you would be a welcome addition to him. Only one complaint, why are you so on the defensive all the time? Lighten up a bit.

Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
                                WDWNewToday.com
                                WaltDisneyBoards.com
                                DisneyReporter.net.ms

Comment

Maybe if some people didn't take my opinions so seriously and on such personal level... maybe I didn't have to be defensive.

Comment

Maybe if some people didn't take my opinions so seriously and on such personal level... maybe I didn't have to be defensive.
                                    Please don't be defensive. You have some really good opinions and that is why I think they are taken seriously. I'm new here and don't really know you well enough to know when you are being serious or just kidding around. Sorry we got off on the wrong foot. Let's just go forward from here. We should be able to come up with good info for everyone. You have a lot of Disney experience and I worked for them for 10 years. Let's start again. Hi, my name is Lindsy, what's yours

Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
                                    WDWNewToday.com
                                    WaltDisneyBoards.com
                                    DisneyReporter.net.ms

Comment

My name is TDLFAN. My friends call me "handsome", and I was a CM as well at WDW, back in the glory days.

Comment

My name is TDLFAN. My friends call me "handsome", and I was a CM as well at WDW, back in the glory days.
                                        Where did you work? I was one of the unlucky ones to work over at DRC. Still cannot believe I managed to stay there as long as I did. Must have lost my mind for a while. Hence the "Macy's/Bloomingdales" remark. We had people all day asking if we provided transportation over to Universal, that was one of our usual replies, along with a bunch of others as you can well imagine. I could write a book on the things people would ask us.

Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
                                        WDWNewToday.com
                                        WaltDisneyBoards.com
                                        DisneyReporter.net.ms

Comment

Working...
                                        X