Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

A quick TP from the MK

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A quick TP from the MK

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
    My name is TDLFAN. My friends call me "handsome", and I was a CM as well at WDW, back in the glory days.
    Tis true, TDL is a cutie!

I also worked at DRC for a year. Never again!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
      Tis true, TDL is a cutie!

I also worked at DRC for a year. Never again!
      You were smart to get out. The only reason I stayed was I was on the Work at Home Team and did not have to go into the office. If I was in the office with all the garbage they deal out I would have left 5 years earlier.
      Lindsy - former Res Center CM (10 years)
      www.magicaltravel.com Sponsors of the Disney Cruise Line Forum:thumbup:

Look for this logo when booking Disney.
      Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
      Favorite Sites for latest news:
      WDWNewToday.com
      WaltDisneyBoards.com
      DisneyReporter.net.ms

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsy1052 View Post
        You were smart to get out. The only reason I stayed was I was on the Work at Home Team and did not have to go into the office. If I was in the office with all the garbage they deal out I would have left 5 years earlier.
        When did you leave? I also worked as a TA for many years, and spoke often with the at-home team. The group seemed to stay longer than most at DRC.

I don't like the whole sales thing. I used to get talked-to each week because I spent too much time on the phone. I wanted to help people, not sell them packages that they didn't need.
        Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

When did you leave? I also worked as a TA for many years, and spoke often with the at-home team. The group seemed to stay longer than most at DRC.

I don't like the whole sales thing. I used to get talked-to each week because I spent too much time on the phone. I wanted to help people, not sell them packages that they didn't need.
          I left, it will be 2 years this April. We were very popular with the TA's because we were suppose to be the best of the best. Most have stayed because they work at home. I'm sure you've worked with River, Nebraska, Chrissy, Judy and a bunch of others. We started out as 24 and now they are down to 8, so even most of the home team has had enough.

Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
          WDWNewToday.com
          WaltDisneyBoards.com
          DisneyReporter.net.ms

Comment

I left, it will be 2 years this April. We were very popular with the TA's because we were suppose to be the best of the best. Most have stayed because they work at home. I'm sure you've worked with River, Nebraska, Chrissy, Judy and a bunch of others. We started out as 24 and now they are down to 8, so even most of the home team has had enough.
            River is absolutely the best, I can think of a couple at-home agents that weren't as good (i.e. - not best of the best), but overall, I was usually very happy to get an at-home agent.

I also talked to Esta quite a bit. Chrissy became sick a few years back, and I didn't think she'd ever returned. Judy left a year or more ago, I REALLY liked talking to her. I guess she retired and moved to NC or somewhere like that. Myrtle Beach

I didn't realize the home team had dwindled so much. When I worked at DRC, it was really new, and I'd have preferred to work at home myself. But again, I'm not a salesperson, I just wanted to help guests have a wonderful trip.

Did you have a different agent name? (You should PM me, I am sure I'd have talked to you before)

Working at DRC is a tough gig, I admire anyone who can do it well.
            Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

River is absolutely the best, I can think of a couple at-home agents that weren't as good (i.e. - not best of the best), but overall, I was usually very happy to get an at-home agent.

I also talked to Esta quite a bit. Chrissy became sick a few years back, and I didn't think she'd ever returned. Judy left a year or more ago, I REALLY liked talking to her. I guess she retired and moved to NC or somewhere like that. Myrtle Beach

I didn't realize the home team had dwindled so much. When I worked at DRC, it was really new, and I'd have preferred to work at home myself. But again, I'm not a salesperson, I just wanted to help guests have a wonderful trip.

Did you have a different agent name? (You should PM me, I am sure I'd have talked to you before)

Working at DRC is a tough gig, I admire anyone who can do it well.
              Done - sent you PM

Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
              WDWNewToday.com
              WaltDisneyBoards.com
              DisneyReporter.net.ms

Comment

Done - sent you PM
                I can't believe it's you! Very happy to be in contact again.
                Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

My name is TDLFAN. My friends call me "handsome", and I was a CM as well at WDW, back in the glory days.
                  :blush: Agreed.

Comment

They're doing the P&P parties again this year?

Gyeeeaaaaaagh! Disney, just give up on this concept already! I've been so princessed out that I'm going to TDR in a few months instead!

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMania View Post
                      They're doing the P&P parties again this year?
                      They are doing the parties all year long! Well, currently through - I believe June. Crazy.
                      Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Where did you work? I was one of the unlucky ones to work over at DRC. Still cannot believe I managed to stay there as long as I did.
                        I started at the Columbia harbor House, then moved to the Contemporary Guest Services desk.. That was back in 1981-85, then I left the company for my current job. That's as much I am willing to share about TDLFAN's personal life. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
                          She's a part of the Playhouse Disney show titled, My Friends Tigger & Pooh. As to why Eeyore, Piglet, Roo, and the rest of the gang were pushed aside... that's beyond me. But Darby is the girl and her dog Buster now joins the gang. Sadly, no Christopher is in sight but he is still around... just not on this program.

Thanks for the TR, as always. I can't wait to see Mickey Mouse in the Cinema on Main Street, even if it limited. :cgrin:
                          Look what I found...a pic of Darby

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

Comment

I started at the Columbia harbor House, then moved to the Contemporary Guest Services desk.. That was back in 1981-85, then I left the company for my current job. That's as much I am willing to share about TDLFAN's personal life. Thanks.
                            Wow - guest services! I worked guest services over at DRC for about 6 months, but got tired of being yelled at all day long. I cannot imagine being you working with them right in front of you. At least I could put them on hold and vent, you were right there.

Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
                            WDWNewToday.com
                            WaltDisneyBoards.com
                            DisneyReporter.net.ms

Comment

Wow - guest services! I worked guest services over at DRC for about 6 months, but got tired of being yelled at all day long. I cannot imagine being you working with them right in front of you. At least I could put them on hold and vent, you were right there.
                              I would definitely not have liked being in guest services! I had enough guests upset at me (not for my mistakes) when I worked there.
                              Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by tayakaleb View Post
                                Look what I found...a pic of Darby

So now we all know what Christopher Robin looks like after the "chop".

Comment

Working...
                                X