• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDLFAN
    replied
    Re: A quick TP from the MK

Originally posted by tayakaleb View Post
    Look what I found...a pic of Darby

So now we all know what Christopher Robin looks like after the "chop".

Leave a comment:

• nbodyhome
    replied

Originally posted by Lindsy1052 View Post
    Wow - guest services! I worked guest services over at DRC for about 6 months, but got tired of being yelled at all day long. I cannot imagine being you working with them right in front of you. At least I could put them on hold and vent, you were right there.
    I would definitely not have liked being in guest services! I had enough guests upset at me (not for my mistakes) when I worked there.

Leave a comment:

• Lindsy1052
    replied

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I started at the Columbia harbor House, then moved to the Contemporary Guest Services desk.. That was back in 1981-85, then I left the company for my current job. That's as much I am willing to share about TDLFAN's personal life. Thanks.
    Wow - guest services! I worked guest services over at DRC for about 6 months, but got tired of being yelled at all day long. I cannot imagine being you working with them right in front of you. At least I could put them on hold and vent, you were right there.

Leave a comment:

• tayakaleb
    replied

Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    She's a part of the Playhouse Disney show titled, My Friends Tigger & Pooh. As to why Eeyore, Piglet, Roo, and the rest of the gang were pushed aside... that's beyond me. But Darby is the girl and her dog Buster now joins the gang. Sadly, no Christopher is in sight but he is still around... just not on this program.

Thanks for the TR, as always. I can't wait to see Mickey Mouse in the Cinema on Main Street, even if it limited. :cgrin:
    Look what I found...a pic of Darby

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Where did you work? I was one of the unlucky ones to work over at DRC. Still cannot believe I managed to stay there as long as I did.
    I started at the Columbia harbor House, then moved to the Contemporary Guest Services desk.. That was back in 1981-85, then I left the company for my current job. That's as much I am willing to share about TDLFAN's personal life. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• nbodyhome
    replied

Originally posted by MickeyMania View Post
    They're doing the P&P parties again this year?
    They are doing the parties all year long! Well, currently through - I believe June. Crazy.

Leave a comment:

• MickeyMania
    replied

They're doing the P&P parties again this year?

Gyeeeaaaaaagh! Disney, just give up on this concept already! I've been so princessed out that I'm going to TDR in a few months instead!

Leave a comment:

• BigPigletFan
    replied

My name is TDLFAN. My friends call me "handsome", and I was a CM as well at WDW, back in the glory days.
    :blush: Agreed.

Leave a comment:

• nbodyhome
    replied

Done - sent you PM
    I can't believe it's you! Very happy to be in contact again.

Leave a comment:

• Lindsy1052
    replied

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
    River is absolutely the best, I can think of a couple at-home agents that weren't as good (i.e. - not best of the best), but overall, I was usually very happy to get an at-home agent.

I also talked to Esta quite a bit. Chrissy became sick a few years back, and I didn't think she'd ever returned. Judy left a year or more ago, I REALLY liked talking to her. I guess she retired and moved to NC or somewhere like that. Myrtle Beach

I didn't realize the home team had dwindled so much. When I worked at DRC, it was really new, and I'd have preferred to work at home myself. But again, I'm not a salesperson, I just wanted to help guests have a wonderful trip.

Did you have a different agent name? (You should PM me, I am sure I'd have talked to you before)

Working at DRC is a tough gig, I admire anyone who can do it well.
    Done - sent you PM

Leave a comment:

• nbodyhome
    replied

I left, it will be 2 years this April. We were very popular with the TA's because we were suppose to be the best of the best. Most have stayed because they work at home. I'm sure you've worked with River, Nebraska, Chrissy, Judy and a bunch of others. We started out as 24 and now they are down to 8, so even most of the home team has had enough.
    River is absolutely the best, I can think of a couple at-home agents that weren't as good (i.e. - not best of the best), but overall, I was usually very happy to get an at-home agent.

I also talked to Esta quite a bit. Chrissy became sick a few years back, and I didn't think she'd ever returned. Judy left a year or more ago, I REALLY liked talking to her. I guess she retired and moved to NC or somewhere like that. Myrtle Beach

I didn't realize the home team had dwindled so much. When I worked at DRC, it was really new, and I'd have preferred to work at home myself. But again, I'm not a salesperson, I just wanted to help guests have a wonderful trip.

Did you have a different agent name? (You should PM me, I am sure I'd have talked to you before)

Working at DRC is a tough gig, I admire anyone who can do it well.

Leave a comment:

• Lindsy1052
    replied

When did you leave? I also worked as a TA for many years, and spoke often with the at-home team. The group seemed to stay longer than most at DRC.

I don't like the whole sales thing. I used to get talked-to each week because I spent too much time on the phone. I wanted to help people, not sell them packages that they didn't need.
    I left, it will be 2 years this April. We were very popular with the TA's because we were suppose to be the best of the best. Most have stayed because they work at home. I'm sure you've worked with River, Nebraska, Chrissy, Judy and a bunch of others. We started out as 24 and now they are down to 8, so even most of the home team has had enough.

Leave a comment:

• nbodyhome
    replied

You were smart to get out. The only reason I stayed was I was on the Work at Home Team and did not have to go into the office. If I was in the office with all the garbage they deal out I would have left 5 years earlier.
    When did you leave? I also worked as a TA for many years, and spoke often with the at-home team. The group seemed to stay longer than most at DRC.

I don't like the whole sales thing. I used to get talked-to each week because I spent too much time on the phone. I wanted to help people, not sell them packages that they didn't need.

Leave a comment:

• Lindsy1052
    replied

Tis true, TDL is a cutie!

I also worked at DRC for a year. Never again!
    You were smart to get out. The only reason I stayed was I was on the Work at Home Team and did not have to go into the office. If I was in the office with all the garbage they deal out I would have left 5 years earlier.

Leave a comment:

• nbodyhome
    replied

My name is TDLFAN. My friends call me "handsome", and I was a CM as well at WDW, back in the glory days.
    Tis true, TDL is a cutie!

I also worked at DRC for a year. Never again!

Leave a comment:

• Lindsy1052
    replied

Where did you work? I was one of the unlucky ones to work over at DRC. Still cannot believe I managed to stay there as long as I did. Must have lost my mind for a while. Hence the "Macy's/Bloomingdales" remark. We had people all day asking if we provided transportation over to Universal, that was one of our usual replies, along with a bunch of others as you can well imagine. I could write a book on the things people would ask us.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lindsy1052
    replied

Maybe if some people didn't take my opinions so seriously and on such personal level... maybe I didn't have to be defensive.
    Please don't be defensive. You have some really good opinions and that is why I think they are taken seriously. I'm new here and don't really know you well enough to know when you are being serious or just kidding around. Sorry we got off on the wrong foot. Let's just go forward from here. We should be able to come up with good info for everyone. You have a lot of Disney experience and I worked for them for 10 years. Let's start again. Hi, my name is Lindsy, what's yours

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Maybe if some people didn't take my opinions so seriously and on such personal level... maybe I didn't have to be defensive.

Leave a comment:

• Lindsy1052
    replied

What do you mean "they" ? And I offer my apologies if your attention span is short and can't read a long post about things that could be fixed at the MK, but it was your choice to read it, was it not?
    All I meant was that you had a lot of good information, but it could have been condensed a little, for a forum. You are a good writer, why don't you contact Tom over a WDW News Today and see about writing a column for him? You have a lot of good current information and I think you would be a welcome addition to him. Only one complaint, why are you so on the defensive all the time? Lighten up a bit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X