This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasia Shop Grand Opening, Contemporary, T-Rex, other pics by Denise

I'd pushed my Disney day from yesterday until today, and happened to be there for the Fantasia shop grand opening at the CR. It was planned for 2 months ago, but the doors weren't installed until last week. I am still getting the hang of my new flash (it's very nice!)

I also took other pics around the Contemporary and T-Rex.

There are 100 or so photos here: http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?...d=34&Itemid=65

A couple of new things at the Contemporary, including this post/pole thing (I don't know what it does!)

Kerri Macpherson, WDW Ambassador:

Earliene Anderson, a Contemporary Resort CM who has been there since the beginning. She helped cut the Fantasia gift shop ribbon:

T-Rex. You can see that there is a secondary fence with also a T-Rex sign on it, I don't know when they plan to remove the outer fence:

Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Re: Fantasia Shop Grand Opening, Contemporary, T-Rex, other pics by Denise

I think that "post/pole thing" is a support for the new "connector" to the Kingdom Tower.

I'm a big fan of your reflection pics!

Did they take away the cool monorail play set display? I really liked that.
    -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by halltd View Post
      I think that "post/pole thing" is a support for the new "connector" to the Kingdom Tower.

I'm a big fan of your reflection pics!

Did they take away the cool monorail play set display? I really liked that.
      Thank you, I probably do too many of the reflection ones! But I do like the way they turn out.

The old display is not there now (maybe it will be back for Christmas, I don't know). There is a video monitor showing the monorail merchandise items now. I need to write that in. I was thinking it had to do with connecting the towers, I just don't know anything about construction at all!
      Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Oh I missed the Grand Opening today. I went by that new store on the monorail today... *twice*.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
          Oh I missed the Grand Opening today. I went by that new store on the monorail today... *twice*.
          You missed me too! By about 15 minutes at the MK.
          Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

what is the Trex?

Comment

Originally posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
              what is the Trex?
              T-Rex is the new pre-historic themed restaurant currently under construction next door to McDonald's at WDW's DTD. Think Rainforest Cafe with a dino theme. A great place to shop and be eaten by a hungry T-Rex.
              Last edited by TDLFAN; 02-27-2008, 03:11 PM. Reason: fix typo

Comment

A great please to shop and be eaten by a hungry T-Rex.
                Well, to have your money eaten, anyway...
                Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

A great please to shop and be eaten by a hungry T-Rex.
                  oh goody!!! Another dream come true.

Comment

Thanks for the update. Great pics as always!

Comment

You are welcome, thanks!
                      Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                        Well, to have your money eaten, anyway...
                        and your time while you wait in line
                        www.jamboeveryone.com
                        Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                          You are welcome, thanks!
                          Is the oringal Fantasia store gone with the Mickey statue?
                          Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey joe View Post
                            Is the oringal Fantasia store gone with the Mickey statue?
                            Last time I checked, it was turned into one of those unnecesary Video Arcade areas. Very cheaply done.
                            Originally posted by MJMcB
                            and your time while you wait in line
                            But hey! Your adventure in bad food is about to begin!! And Stitchy-poo's dream came true. All is well in the replica of DLR that Walt never saw.

Comment

Yay Contemporary pics!
                              Thanks for the update Denise!
                              Im' sad they took out the monorail display - I was looking forward to seeing that!
                              But omg... http://www.mousesteps.com/images/sto...5/IMG_0868.JPG LOOK at all those pins!!!! )
                              Good morning, son
                              In twenty years from now
                              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                              And I can tell you 'bout today
                              And how I picked you up and everything changed
                              It was pain
                              Sunny days and rain
                              I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

But hey! Your adventure in bad food is about to begin!! And Stitchy-poo's dream came true. All is well in the replica of DLR that Walt never saw.
                                is it just me, or does this seem a tad sarcastic?
                                www.jamboeveryone.com
                                Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
                                  is it just me, or does this seem a tad sarcastic?
                                  It's TDLfan - so yup! But he's a sweetie in person (I was going to say a word that was blocked, that ended with cat!)

I wonder if the other monorail display may be up again at Christmas.
                                  Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

I like the reflection pics too! I hope the TRex is open when I'm there in December!
                                    I want my cake back!
                                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks! The T-Rex should be open much earlier than that.
                                      Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Fantasia looks a bit out-of-place, it was fine where it was before. Couldn't they put the arcade in the new building?? I think they need to make the Contempoary Resort more "Contempoary" looking...and remove the Mary Blair mural (which is great, but also seems a bit out of place in a futuristic themed resort).

Anyways, great pictures!
                                        Last edited by WDWizard; 02-28-2008, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X