Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Future WDW Trip (What hotel is best to stay at)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Future WDW Trip (What hotel is best to stay at)

Ok, if you want to view the MK This would be the ones I would look at in order of preference:
    • The Polynesian - lagoon view mention you want a good view of the kingdom when you book and then call the resort itself a day or so before you travel include your estimated arrival time the staff there is absolutely the best and will try to accommodate you. (Say hello to Kat for me!) You have the option of watching the fireworks from the beach, in a hammock, waves gently lapping the shoreline, it's my personal favorite. Even if you don't stay there, make sure you visit it, I would recommend in the early evening when they do the torch lighting ceremony in the front of the resorts lower level... This was one of the original two resorts and as such is one of the favorites for a lot of us here.
    • The Contemporary - request Tower with MK view, will probably cost a little more than the Poly but if you spend the money you can get a great view of the kingdom from the upper floors, at least until the new DVC tower is finished...
    • The Grand Floridan - As mentioned this is the most expensive resort on the property. Its layout doesn't afford too many great views of the MK however, when compared to the Contemporary tower. The MK view rooms are of course more expensive.
    • Now I love the Wilderness Lodge, its quiet, it has jacuzzi hot tubs in the pool areas which after walking 40-50 miles a day or more touring the parks is a godsend. The trees have thinned out in the past few years so you can sort of see the MK but not really unless you pay for the concierges level. The best view by far is from the roof, but in order to get there you need to ask to be a flag family at check in and you get to raise the flags on the room of the lodge and can take some great pictures from there. Its limited to one to two families per day so no guarantee. If anyone's really interested I can post a few from a bout 5-6 years ago. The WL is also the cheapest of the MK deluxe resorts, has smaller rooms than the others but still is very nice and the new makeover makes the rooms seem much larger than they did.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

Working...
    X