Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Wedding Reception Site at WDW

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding Reception Site at WDW

So, my fiance and I are getting married in the Wedding Pavilion at the Grand Floridian on a Monday in October :thumbup:! We were hoping to have our small reception at Citricos, but apparently they're closed on Mondays, so I need to find someplace else to have it, hopefully in the Magic Kingdom Area, but not in the Magic Kingdom itself because you can't wear your wedding dress in the park.

Has anyone else had a Disney Wedding, if so, where was your reception? Where would you recommend out of the following: California Grill, Artists Point, or Narcosees?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts because I can't decide!
    [SIGPIC]

Re: Wedding Reception Site at WDW

I haven't had mine there (OH how I wish I could!) but I love LOVE California Grill, so that is what I would choose!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

First off, congrats on your upcoming wedding!

B) They won't let you wear your dress into the park? Really? That's just kinda :blink: to me.

III. I wish I had some kind of reccomendation as to where you could eat. What's that restaurant that's in The Contemporary? I think that's the one NNL mentioned. I just remember hearing that place is gorgeous. And I know a pretty big group of MCers enjoyed a very nice dinner at 'Ohana at the Polynesian.
      MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Chickles Congrads you lucky lucky person.

Now what I would do is goto the California grill but tell them you reservations for when the fireworks are going off. Thats what my wife to be and I are doing for our honeymoon in may. I will let you know how it is when we go. and once again CONGRADS.

Comment

Congratulations!!!

I personally wouldn't do Artist Point (no outside windows from the restaurant). I would probably go with the CA Grill, though I'm a fan of Narcoosees as well.
          Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
          I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
          on Bay Lake.

Comment

Chickles.. you should know, we are ALL COMING to your wedding in Oct, and we want free cake and booze.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
              Chickles.. you should know, we are ALL COMING to your wedding in Oct, and we want free cake and booze.
              LOL!

If I was having a fancy shindig at Disney, it would be at Trails End. (that is good for me!)

But I do like cake.
              Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Denise, maybe you'll be asked to photograph the wedding and reception.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                  Denise, maybe you'll be asked to photograph the wedding and reception.
                  Nobody should ask me to do that!
                  Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

I was sure I saw a bride in her dress in the park before in the Rose Garden and they were taking pictures...maybe they paid more $$ (lots lots more) and had the actual wedding in the Rose Garden?!?!?!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                      Nobody should ask me to do that!
                      Well there blows that idea for me! :P

Congratulations on your up coming wedding. I am going to have to agree with Califorinia Grill myself.

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
                        Well there blows that idea for me! :P

Haha! I would be more than happy to back up your real photographer for free! (well, for cake) :-D
                        Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

I'll be her assistant....for CHOCOLATE cake!

Good luck Chickles with your wedding. I know it will be a dream come true to be married at WDW. Have fun!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
                            I'll be her assistant....for CHOCOLATE cake!
                            I was going to say chocolate, but it'd be SUMMER'S wedding. I won't be picky on cake type! :-D
                            Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

we can nudge her in that direction, though!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
                                we can nudge her in that direction, though!!!
                                I shouldn't really be sitting down and talking about cake at the same time (I need to get some exercise!) I've really had the one-track mind lately. Yet I've lost 5 of the 15 I gained back anyway.

As far as wearing a wedding dress in the park - I thought you could, maybe with a special package (I believe you can actually get married in the park if you doled out enough cash).
                                Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Heck I remember when i was thinking about getting married in Disneyland it was around 20,000 bucks (that sounds high but I think that's right) and that was just for the park only. Nothing else. And I know I have seen bride and grooms in the parks. More so at the magic kingdom.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking16 View Post
                                    Heck I remember when i was thinking about getting married in Disneyland it was around 20,000 bucks (that sounds high but I think that's right) and that was just for the park only. Nothing else. And I know I have seen bride and grooms in the parks. More so at the magic kingdom.
                                    I believe the least expensive wedding you can have at Walt Disney World (done by Disney) is the intimate one that starts around 10k. I know it's VERY pricey. I am too cheap to do things at Disney like that.

However, I once read an article/blog about someone who got married in a garden suite at the Boardwalk. As I recall, they brought in their own person to marry them - not sure if they ate in the suite. It'd certainly bring the price down!
                                    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

yeah, I thought you could at least have pictures taken at specific places in the park.....like in front of the castle. I could see that they wouldn't want you to wear your dress while riding rides....people spend ALOT of money on the dresses, and if you get something on it...they probably don't want to be held responsible for that...or letting that ruin your day. But, I don't know why they would have a problem with you wearing it just to take pictures.

Comment

You can rent a Disney Photographer for an hour or so, last I checked it was around $300-$400. They bring you in before the park opens and take photos of you in front of the castle.

I figured since I can't afford to get married there, that I would just do that. The rep I spoke with said it was absolutely feasible.

Comment

Working...
                                        X