This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WATCH OUT for SCAM at WDW!!!

Personally, I would never give my luggage to a bellhop at Disney - I have seen luggage (especially at the WL) just sitting on a cart, where anyone can just easily snag a bag. I don't think the luggage would have room numbers at that time. But one could certainly get a name.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Comment

I thought this thread was going to be about Spaceship Earth being used as a research tool for Siemen's marketing department.

Comment

Well I sure hope that ADRs are no longer asking people for CC#s over the phone to reserve CRT now. I thought that was sketchy when it was introduced.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMania View Post
          Well I sure hope that ADRs are no longer asking people for CC#s over the phone to reserve CRT now. I thought that was sketchy when it was introduced.
          It's probably still there for certain dining locations and shows.

It's sad to see this hitting Disney. I'm sure they are and have been looking into it. I know the off-property 192 hotels have had issues with individuals putting "pizza order" information under the doors ... and no pizza will ever arrive. Or if it does, it's not a restaurant pizza to say the least. I know they have advisory notes and information on their TVs... but it STILL CONTINUES.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHost2 View Post
            I thought this thread was going to be about Spaceship Earth being used as a research tool for Siemen's marketing department.

I thought it was going to be about DVC.

Comment

As long as YOU initiate the call and you know who you are calling, it's pretty safe to give out your credit card information. If someone is calling YOU, then don't give out ANY information.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                why would anyone fall for that? OMG....especially if they are staying at the hotel, the card is on file and they wold just charge it to the room. People THINK!!!
                From what I've heard, they ask if they want to use the cc on file or do they want to use a different one. If they say the one on file, end of conversation, they get them when they want to use a different card. I would say this is an inside job. Unfortuneately not the first time people have been scammed by CM's. There was a scam going on at DRC a few years back and that CM got away with thousands until his ex-girlfriend turned him in.
                Lindsy - former Res Center CM (10 years)
                www.magicaltravel.com Sponsors of the Disney Cruise Line Forum:thumbup:

Look for this logo when booking Disney.
                Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
                Favorite Sites for latest news:
                WDWNewToday.com
                WaltDisneyBoards.com
                DisneyReporter.net.ms

Comment

Originally posted by mikeland View Post
                  As long as YOU initiate the call and you know who you are calling, it's pretty safe to give out your credit card information. If someone is calling YOU, then don't give out ANY information.
                  Well, it depends on where you got the number from. If I were a really lost and confused tourist you could give me a phony 800 number to dial for my reservations and then take my card#.

It would help Disney's "None of our people will EVER ask for your card# over the phone or email" thing if they actually did stop asking for card#s over the phone. No other company that puts similar policy in place keeps little exceptions like that.

And to the "they have your card# on file" club, do they? I reserved online and paid off my vacation in advance as I'm sure almost all of us have one time or another, but I don't think my # goes from the Disneyworld.com payment system to my resort. They offer to take a CC on file for room purchases and stuff, but you don't have to give them one. I went with that on my first-timer solo trip because I didn't want to lose my charge card nee park ticket nee room key, and find a bunch of charges run up to it by the time I find out and get to CMs who can help me.

Comment

Well, it depends on where you got the number from. If I were a really lost and confused tourist you could give me a phony 800 number to dial for my reservations and then take my card#.

It would help Disney's "None of our people will EVER ask for your card# over the phone or email" thing if they actually did stop asking for card#s over the phone. No other company that puts similar policy in place keeps little exceptions like that.

And to the "they have your card# on file" club, do they? I reserved online and paid off my vacation in advance as I'm sure almost all of us have one time or another, but I don't think my # goes from the Disneyworld.com payment system to my resort. They offer to take a CC on file for room purchases and stuff, but you don't have to give them one. I went with that on my first-timer solo trip because I didn't want to lose my charge card nee park ticket nee room key, and find a bunch of charges run up to it by the time I find out and get to CMs who can help me.
                    No, the reservation center does not keep your credit card on file. The only thing we would have is the last 4 digits and that is to be able to tell you what card you used the last time. All the numbers in front of the last 4 are erased automatically. Don't know how they handle it at the resorts, but we never had access to your card once we put it through. That is not to say there were not those who wrote the number down as you said it, but hopefully there were very few of those.
                    Lindsy - former Res Center CM (10 years)
                    www.magicaltravel.com Sponsors of the Disney Cruise Line Forum:thumbup:

Look for this logo when booking Disney.
                    Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
                    Favorite Sites for latest news:
                    WDWNewToday.com
                    WaltDisneyBoards.com
                    DisneyReporter.net.ms

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsy1052 View Post
                      No, the reservation center does not keep your credit card on file. The only thing we would have is the last 4 digits and that is to be able to tell you what card you used the last time. All the numbers in front of the last 4 are erased automatically. Don't know how they handle it at the resorts, but we never had access to your card once we put it through. That is not to say there were not those who wrote the number down as you said it, but hopefully there were very few of those.
                      the card is on file in regards to I can charge things to the room by showing my hotel slip, so there is not a need to pull the credit card out or give the number again. This is only while you're staying in the hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                        the card is on file in regards to I can charge things to the room by showing my hotel slip, so there is not a need to pull the credit card out or give the number again. This is only while you're staying in the hotel.
                        In most cases yes but for some priority seating "reservations" for the Poly Dinner show, the FW dinner shows, and California grill as well as the BBB they require a non refundable credit card deposit in advance. If someone had done this during the trip planning I can see where they might get sucked into it. Disney also limits the in room charge amount so if you where to buy a few pieces at the art of Disney or one of the other high end stores you may need that other credit card...

You always need to be on your guard especially when on vacation, lets face it resorts and tourist locations are a mecca for the criminal element since people tend to let their guard down when they are relaxed and on vacation. Disney especially so since most families eel it is a safe place and some even let their kids run around unsupervised... something as a parent could never understand.

Also I heard on the radio yesterday that sate of Florida had the largest number of people incarcerated in the US? Is that because of the drug element/laws or is it really that bad down there? The radio was discussing the fact that in the us approximately 1% of the American population is now incarcerated which is higher than any other "civilized" country in the world.
                        Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

They caught the guy today.

Here's the news link ... http://www.wftv.com/news/15668084/detail.html

Comment

Sometimes he kept some of tickets for himself.

"He likes Disney. He's gone since he was a kid. It's just a place he likes to go," Villella said.

Comment

What a horribly written article. That said, if this idiot's been caught twice now, are they gonna actually do something about it?

Comment

Working...
                              X