Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever fallen asleep in the parks?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Have you ever fallen asleep in the parks?

Like others here I've taken quick naps on some of the rides, including Energy, Carousel of Progress, the Hall of Presidents, and yes, the American Adventure! It's not that I dislike any of these attractions. But when you burn the candle at both ends as I tend to do on a WDW vacation, sometimes you just can't help yourself. The seats are comfy, the A/C is working well, the lights are out, and it's just not possible to keep awake. Of course I also nap from time to time in my local movie theater, so it's not all that unusual.

Comment

When our marching band visited my junior year of high school we have pictures of a bunch of us sleeping on various benches and shaded spots throughout the parks. We also have various pictures of us eating surgar packets to try to get more energy!
      With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by WorldTraveler View Post
        I fell asleep at Trazan Rocks!
        It was so hot there, I would find it hard to sleep. I like nice cool theaters
        www.jamboeveryone.com
        Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
          I'm known to visit Hall of Presidents or American Adventure solely for napping purposes.
          These are the 2 I expected to see in this thread (plus sounds dangerous). Partly, of course, due to sitting in a darkened theater for a long time. But I also think there's another factor. Most don't arrive at WDW and rush to the HoP. By the time they do, if they do, it's probably later in the trip when a fatigue has really set in.

Cheers.
          Remember
          What the dormouse said
          Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Comment

Originally posted by ralfrick View Post
            These are the 2 I expected to see in this thread (plus sounds dangerous). Partly, of course, due to sitting in a darkened theater for a long time. But I also think there's another factor. Most don't arrive at WDW and rush to the HoP. By the time they do, if they do, it's probably later in the trip when a fatigue has really set in.

Cheers.

True enough. By the time I hit American Adventure, we've done future world and walked halfway around the lagoon
            www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

Once, after I had just been prescribed a new allergy medicine, I fell asleep on the lift hill of Space Mountain. I just sorta dozed off and had quite a shock when the rocket got moving. Other than that, I've never fallen asleep at a Disney park.
              In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

Comment

Originally posted by DoppelV View Post
                Once, after I had just been prescribed a new allergy medicine, I fell asleep on the lift hill of Space Mountain. I just sorta dozed off and had quite a shock when the rocket got moving. Other than that, I've never fallen asleep at a Disney park.
                you picked a hell of spot to try though
                www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

I've fallen asleep a few times at various areas throughout the parks: Hall of Presidents, The American Adventure, IASW and a few others I can't think of right now.
                  :ap: AP Holder. :ap:
                  Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

Comment

Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
                    The American Adventure is a real good spot for a nap. Its nice and cool
                    If you do choose to nap in a theater, please be considerate of other guests!!!

My wife and I visited WDW last summer. We are both Disneyland APs, but she had never been to WDW and my last visit was 1992. I had really talked up American Adventure and was excited about sharing the experience with her. Well, about a third of the way through the show, this man starts snoring away about two rows behind us. It was obvious that he was on vacation with his family and totally tuckered out, so his wife let him sleep. But his snoring was loud, incredibly disruptive, and really impacted our experience of this wonderful show.

I know that the wife just wanted him to get some rest. But once his snoring started to bother other people, couldn't they have just moved to an empty corner of the theater where he wouldn't bother anyone?
                    "JESUS!!! That's Cold!" -- Walt Disney's final words.

"You hear people talk about, 'I don't think Walt would like this,' or 'I don't think Walt would like that.' You have no idea what Walt would want! No clue whatsoever! Because the people that worked with him day in and day out didn't know what Walt wanted. Walt didn't know what he wanted 'til he wanted it."
                    -- Randy Thornton, Walt Disney Records

Comment

I've only been to DW once, but I was able to stay awake for the entire Tiki Room Under New Management show. I should get kudos for that.

Comment

Originally posted by brassplayer View Post
                        If you do choose to nap in a theater, please be considerate of other guests!!!

My wife and I visited WDW last summer. We are both Disneyland APs, but she had never been to WDW and my last visit was 1992. I had really talked up American Adventure and was excited about sharing the experience with her. Well, about a third of the way through the show, this man starts snoring away about two rows behind us. It was obvious that he was on vacation with his family and totally tuckered out, so his wife let him sleep. But his snoring was loud, incredibly disruptive, and really impacted our experience of this wonderful show.

I know that the wife just wanted him to get some rest. But once his snoring started to bother other people, couldn't they have just moved to an empty corner of the theater where he wouldn't bother anyone?

if I do fall asleep during AA, my wife would be sure to wake me.

As for your experience, it could have been worse
                        www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

For some reason I got motion sickness from riding EE. On our next trip I decided I would try non-drowsy dramamine to cure this. I took one the night before and the day of our AK visit. Rode EE with no problem. Later on at the Lion King show BAM I'm out!!

Put me down for sleeping during the Lion King show. I guess the Lion Sleeps tonight has a newer meaning to me...
                          Love Shaq U 38

Overated State U 24

LSU only 2 time BCS Champions

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                            I've only been to DW once, but I was able to stay awake for the entire Tiki Room Under New Management show. I should get kudos for that.
                            And now are you are coming back for a 2nd time!!!!
                            Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                            I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                            on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by DoppelV View Post
                              That is the best one yet!

The friend who actually suggested the thread was awoken by a cast member after watching a movie based attraction at the MK. I have never had that happen, I rarely nod off like that.
                              Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                              I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                              on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                                And now are you are coming back for a 2nd time!!!!
                                LOL! And I'll go on it a second time. It's like taking a second sip of milk to confirm that it is spoiled.

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                                  LOL!

I almost feel like I've been missing out on great napping opportunities.

Yes you have and these spots will protect you from the sun as well, haha!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

Comment

I'm another Universe of Energy sleeper. I really try not to though, cuz I don't want my friends to laugh at me, but geez, it's such a long ride!
                                    I want my cake back!
                                    sigpic

Comment

I feel left out...I've never slept at WDW. I'm always too excited!!! I'm liking a hyper chihuahua.

Comment

At Grad Night, a few friends and I fell asleep in the Tiki Room. It was magical
                                        (and before the other birds made their way in, I'm pretty sure)
                                        Good morning, son
                                        In twenty years from now
                                        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                                        And I can tell you 'bout today
                                        And how I picked you up and everything changed
                                        It was pain
                                        Sunny days and rain
                                        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I love Universe of Energy, but it's just such a soothing place to take a nap. It's cool, you're sitting down, there's a nice sound of a thunderstorm and smell of rainfall. That's prime napping conditions!

Comment

Working...
                                          X