Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Have you ever fallen asleep in the parks?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigPigletFan
    replied
    Re: Have you ever fallen asleep in the parks?

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
    And Piglet dear... one of these days.. one of these days...we'll ride the solar panels together.
    Hmm... maybe on its closing day.

Leave a comment:

• Limoman
    replied

I fall asleep about half the time on IASW. I think it's the combination of slow rocking boat, repetitive song and cool air-conditioning. Sometimes I actually plan on doing it.

Leave a comment:

• Susabelle
    replied

I have never fallen asleep in the Parks, but we saw this guy in DCA when we were there at Christmas! LOL!:lol:

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

The only time I have fallen asleep in a disney park was at DL in 1985. I attended the all-night 30th anniversary party and just had to take a nap at 4am in Bear Country.

Leave a comment:

• horizonsfan92
    replied

Just this past May I completely dozed off in Impressions De France. It was terrible, I could feel it coming on but I tried to fight it (head-bobbing and everything). For the rest of the day the everyone else in my family gave a tough time for it. )

Miraculously, I've never fallen asleep in Universe of Energy.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Drooling would not be pretty Danno. Not at all.

And Piglet dear... one of these days.. one of these days...we'll ride the solar panels together.

Leave a comment:

• danyoung
    replied

Originally posted by brassplayer View Post
    I know that the wife just wanted him to get some rest. But once his snoring started to bother other people...
    Sounds to me like the blame is with the wife here. Can't blame a guy for snoring when he's asleep, but she should have smacked him awake.

And as a profound snorer I always worry that a little catnap might include some snoring, or worse - drooling!

Leave a comment:

• BigPigletFan
    replied

Originally posted by MickeysGlove28 View Post
    I feel asleep on Universe of Energy
    SEE TDLFAN! Another reason for me not to ride that thing. :ap:

Hmm... Well let me see there is:
    • Disneyland's First Aid
    • DCA's First Aid
    • Epcot's First Aid
    • MK's First Aid
    ... but moving on from the logical locations
    • Impressions de la France (I was dragged in by the group I was with. I knew it would happen, and it did.)
    • HISTA
    I've nodded off while on Spaceship Earth and watching Philar, ITTBAB, and Muppets. (Kidding! Apparently it's the only 3D film that keeps me awake. That's a good thing.) I almost fell asleep waiting for a MiceChatter inside the Seas once too.

But on the other hand, the boy can fall asleep anywhere after a long day of work and then joining me in the parks. Jeez.

Leave a comment:

• MickeysGlove28
    replied

I love Universe of Energy, but it's just such a soothing place to take a nap. It's cool, you're sitting down, there's a nice sound of a thunderstorm and smell of rainfall. That's prime napping conditions!

Leave a comment:

• NeverNeverland
    replied

At Grad Night, a few friends and I fell asleep in the Tiki Room. It was magical
    (and before the other birds made their way in, I'm pretty sure)

Leave a comment:

• Stitchy
    replied

I feel left out...I've never slept at WDW. I'm always too excited!!! I'm liking a hyper chihuahua.

Leave a comment:

• seenoevil
    replied

I'm another Universe of Energy sleeper. I really try not to though, cuz I don't want my friends to laugh at me, but geez, it's such a long ride!

Leave a comment:

• tayakaleb
    replied

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
    LOL!

I almost feel like I've been missing out on great napping opportunities.

Yes you have and these spots will protect you from the sun as well, haha!

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
    And now are you are coming back for a 2nd time!!!!
    LOL! And I'll go on it a second time. It's like taking a second sip of milk to confirm that it is spoiled.

Leave a comment:

• nbodyhome
    replied

Originally posted by DoppelV View Post
    Once, after I had just been prescribed a new allergy medicine, I fell asleep on the lift hill of Space Mountain. I just sorta dozed off and had quite a shock when the rocket got moving. Other than that, I've never fallen asleep at a Disney park.
    That is the best one yet!

The friend who actually suggested the thread was awoken by a cast member after watching a movie based attraction at the MK. I have never had that happen, I rarely nod off like that.

Leave a comment:

• nbodyhome
    replied

Originally posted by aashee View Post
    I've only been to DW once, but I was able to stay awake for the entire Tiki Room Under New Management show. I should get kudos for that.
    And now are you are coming back for a 2nd time!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Goldenbear
    replied

For some reason I got motion sickness from riding EE. On our next trip I decided I would try non-drowsy dramamine to cure this. I took one the night before and the day of our AK visit. Rode EE with no problem. Later on at the Lion King show BAM I'm out!!

Put me down for sleeping during the Lion King show. I guess the Lion Sleeps tonight has a newer meaning to me...

Leave a comment:

• MJMcB
    replied

Originally posted by brassplayer View Post
    If you do choose to nap in a theater, please be considerate of other guests!!!

My wife and I visited WDW last summer. We are both Disneyland APs, but she had never been to WDW and my last visit was 1992. I had really talked up American Adventure and was excited about sharing the experience with her. Well, about a third of the way through the show, this man starts snoring away about two rows behind us. It was obvious that he was on vacation with his family and totally tuckered out, so his wife let him sleep. But his snoring was loud, incredibly disruptive, and really impacted our experience of this wonderful show.

I know that the wife just wanted him to get some rest. But once his snoring started to bother other people, couldn't they have just moved to an empty corner of the theater where he wouldn't bother anyone?

if I do fall asleep during AA, my wife would be sure to wake me.

As for your experience, it could have been worse

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

I've only been to DW once, but I was able to stay awake for the entire Tiki Room Under New Management show. I should get kudos for that.

Leave a comment:

• brassplayer
    replied

Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
    The American Adventure is a real good spot for a nap. Its nice and cool
    If you do choose to nap in a theater, please be considerate of other guests!!!

My wife and I visited WDW last summer. We are both Disneyland APs, but she had never been to WDW and my last visit was 1992. I had really talked up American Adventure and was excited about sharing the experience with her. Well, about a third of the way through the show, this man starts snoring away about two rows behind us. It was obvious that he was on vacation with his family and totally tuckered out, so his wife let him sleep. But his snoring was loud, incredibly disruptive, and really impacted our experience of this wonderful show.

I know that the wife just wanted him to get some rest. But once his snoring started to bother other people, couldn't they have just moved to an empty corner of the theater where he wouldn't bother anyone?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X