This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this music from?

Hi all! Normally, my Disneyland supremacism prevents me from venturing into your neck of the woods too often (), but I've got a question, and I was hoping someone over here could help me out. I heard this music featured in a video a few years back, and the creator of the video said it was from somewhere in Walt Disney World--I think perhaps Epcot. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could let me know where it's from specifically. If the piece has a name, that'd be great to know, and I'm really curious who wrote it, as well. It's an amazingly pretty piece. Anyway, you can download it here, if you're interested in helping me out.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Oh crap, the link seems to not be working, at least for the moment. Try this one instead, if you'd like.

Re: What is this music from?

That track is from the now (unfortunately) deceased attraction Horizons. The title of the song is Space, and is composed by Richard Bellis. It has been included on numerous Official albums, most recently the Happiest Celebration on Earth 2 disc set released in conjunction with Disneyland's 50th.
    Last edited by yoyoflamingo; 03-01-2008, 04:56 PM.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

That song is from the former attraction Horizons in Epcot's Futureworld. It's simply called Space, and used to play as your vehicle travelled past a depiction of some huge space stations. Geez, I miss that attraction!

Comment

Sorry, yoyo - you beat me to it by mere minutes!

Comment

Haha, thanks, guys! I'd heard of Horizons, but my one and only trip to WDW was a week spent sick in a hotel bed, so I definitely didn't get to experience it for myself. Pity it's gone. Maybe I'll look for a YouTube video or something.

Comment

Yes, there are some good Horizons videos on Youtube. And the last time I splurged on a tower room at the Contemporary with a view of the MK, I was so sick that I spent most of 4 days in my room getting room service! Guests down in the parking lot could hear me whimpering from my balcony . . .

Comment

Originally posted by danyoung View Post
              Geez, I miss that attraction!
              Me too. That and the World of Motion are the 2 attractions I miss more than any others I think.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                Me too. That and the World of Motion are the 2 attractions I miss more than any others I think.
                I'm with you on Horizons but not World of Motion. WoM wasn;t bad, but I really enjoy Test Track.

In fact, I think Horizons is the only attraction they dumped that I do really miss
                www.jamboeveryone.com
                Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Boy, after watching a YouTube video or two of Horizons, I've got to say, it really did look like the kind of thing I wish Disney would push forward with. It was dated, obviously, and "edutainment" doesn't go over as well these days, but...I dunno. IMO, fantastic dark rides and elaborately-themed roller coasters are the two types of attractions that WDI should be focusing on creating and improving upon.

Now, if only Disneyland could receive its own Tomorrowland dark ride...

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                    I miss WOM very much too!
                    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                    on Bay Lake.

Comment

I did like the cop behind the billboard
                      www.jamboeveryone.com
                      Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

I like Test Track too, but not as much as WoM. I have the Cds from Extinct Attractions Club, and listen to them often. Just can't get enough of the different versions of "It's Fun to be Free."

Comment

A nice Horizons fan site can be found here:

http://www.horizons1.com

Click on the links along the top of the page for lots of info and sound bites from the attraction.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X