This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does this itinerary sound at WDW?

Hello East coast friends! As mentioned before I will be in Florida next week with the family next week for a 9 day stay. Here's my plan for the week. Feel free to mention if this will work out or if there is something I may be missing.

Arrive March 9th
    March 10 - Magic Kingdom
    March 11 - Epcot
    March 12 - Animal Kingdom
    March 13 - MGM Studios
    March 14 - Day of Rest
    March 15 - Epcot (Micechatters Meet!)
    March 16 - 2nd day of rest
    March 17 - Animal Kingdom
    March 18 - Magic Kingdom
    March 19 depart back to reality

Thanks again for any suggestions.

Chad

Re: How does this itinerary sound at WDW?

I'd cut out the days of rest!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Comment

You should add hotel hopping, Downtown Disney, etc. into your days of rest. Each park usually take up an entire day (and then some), so there's no time for visiting DTD or any of the hotels on your park days. I like to visit Magic Kingdom three times, but that's just me.

Comment

Not that it's at WDW :whistling...but I'd consider using one of your rest days to go to IOA. It really is a great park.

Comment

I would use rest days for campfire at Fort Wilderness, maybe lunch at Trails End, wagon ride, etc. Lots of fun to be had there.

I love Fantasia Gardens golf course too, especially at night.
          Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
            Hello East coast friends! As mentioned before I will be in Florida next week with the family next week for a 9 day stay. Here's my plan for the week. Feel free to mention if this will work out or if there is something I may be missing.

Arrive March 9th
            March 10 - Magic Kingdom
            March 11 - Epcot
            March 13 - MGM Studios
            March 14 - Day of Rest
            March 18 - Magic Kingdom

Chad
            It looks pretty good to me Chad. I compared it a calendar and you do overlap with some EMH days. I forget if you're staying on property or not... if you are, that's fine but if you aren't the parks are likely to be more crowded. Since you aren't showing any Park Hopping I'm guessing you have the Base ticket, and that's fine.

The "days of rest" are nicely spread apart and placed upon the weekend days. Since its Spring Break it's bound to be busy and busier those days so you have that under control. I'd definitely look into other Resort offerings whether it be dining at a resort, seeing a show (ie Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue,) visiting a water park, playing mini golf, visiting DTD, visiting Disney Quest, etc.

But I do have a urgent question for you - Where is the Disney-MGM Studios? :cwink: (And why are you only going there once?)

Comment

Arrive March 9th
              March 10 - Magic Kingdom
              March 11 - Epcot
              March 13 - MGM Studios
              March 14 - Day of Rest
              March 18 - Magic Kingdom

Chad

March 19 depart back to reality - That just won't do, I recommend removing this completely from your itinerary. :P

I think it looks great, although keep in mind people tend to make AK and HS a half day park. I personally can make both a full day but the majority of the people that go tend to do 1/2 and then park hop some where else later. You also MUST go to the Adventure's Club at DTD's Pleasure Island at least once on your visit.

Comment

Guys, please don't suggest that Chad go to a water park. Chad with his shirt off could easily empty out the entire resort.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                  Guys, please don't suggest that Chad go to a water park. Chad with his shirt off could easily empty out the entire resort.
                  Maybe he should post a shirtless photo here, so we can advise him properly!

Chad - what type of ticket will you have? You know that once you have a 4 or 5 day ticket, it's only another few bucks per day each to add more days. I am guessing also that you won't have a park hopper.
                  Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                    I'd cut out the days of rest!
                    you got that right

I always get the park hopper and go to 2 parks a day. Hit one in the morning, then hotel break, then another one in the late afternoon
                    www.jamboeveryone.com
                    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

I second the suggestions that the "days of rest" have something scheduled. A morning at the water parks or Disney Quest, followed by an afternoon lazing poolside and a nice dinner, could be quite restful. Of course, I'm of the mind that when I'm spending the bucks to go to WDW I want to pack as much activity in as possible.

You can also probably get away with just one day at Animal Kingdom. I spend two days at AK, but I like to do everything multiple times. If you're the type that doing an attraction once is enough, you'd be better served doing something else instead of a second visit. Islands of Adventure is very much worth visiting as an alternative.

I'd personally move the first day of rest up. Four straight days of theme parking could take a toll.
                      My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

Chad, one of my boys's favorite days on our last trip was on a no park day. We went minature golfing(laughed so damn hard the whole time :lol: ) Went over the boardwalk and rented a surrey bike and had some sweets and then ended with lunch at Whispering Canyon. We explored at both Boardwalk and Wilderness Lodge. Afterwards was pool time. Then I think we went to DTD that night. It was such a good break between all the park hopping and stuff. The kids still talk about that day.

ETA: the kids also LOVED getting their hair cut at the Barber shop on Main Street!

Have a fantastic trip!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Thanks chatters, you didn't disappoint!

On those days of rest we probably have to meet up with people we know there and we are thinking about Kennedy Space Center. Only thing certain is going to Epcot the day of the meet. Other than that we are flexible. we bought a 7 day park hopper and were told you couldn't go higher than that. Adding the water park to the hopper was silly. It was cheaper to just go and pay full price that day.

There probably won't be any shirtless pictures. Denise did request so she can collect on that in Anaheim. Ha!

Thanks again,
                          Chad

Comment

Sounds great Chad! Being a fellow west coaster, I'd suggest taking it easy the first couple of days as the time change can hit you bad!

Have a awesome trip!!

Comment

Thanks chatters, you didn't disappoint!

On those days of rest we probably have to meet up with people we know there and we are thinking about Kennedy Space Center. Only thing certain is going to Epcot the day of the meet. Other than that we are flexible. we bought a 7 day park hopper and were told you couldn't go higher than that. Adding the water park to the hopper was silly. It was cheaper to just go and pay full price that day.

There probably won't be any shirtless pictures. Denise did request so she can collect on that in Anaheim. Ha!

Thanks again,
                              Chad
                              Why couldn't you buy a 10-day park hopper? You certainly can on the official WDW site. The additional cost is negligible ($6). It's worth it even if you go a park for an hour on day eight.
                              My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

Originally posted by Tea View Post
                                Sounds great Chad! Being a fellow west coaster, I'd suggest taking it easy the first couple of days as the time change can hit you bad!

Have a awesome trip!!
                                That really depends when your flight comes in. I never usually experience any difficulty with that, so it's all up to the individual. If you know you have a problem with it, then definitely take it into consideration.

Comment

The one thing we did was build rest time into each day. The one mistake we made was two tours in one day. We had one day scheduled that was an easy day where we could tour the different resorts. It ended up being a lazy day.

My favorite resource when planning my trip was AllEars. So much great, highly detailed, information about everything WDW.

Have a most fabulous time on your trip!
                                  Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
                                  I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Originally posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
                                    Why couldn't you buy a 10-day park hopper? You certainly can on the official WDW site. The additional cost is negligible ($6). It's worth it even if you go a park for an hour on day eight.
                                    Great idea BCGeek. We bought our hoppers at the Disney Store. That alone was a fiasco seeing that we had to go to 3 different store because the computers weren't working. I'll look about upgrading there.

Comment

Your Itinerary sounds fun but a day of rest?

Could you fit in Universal Orlando or Busch Gardens?

I'm sorry Chad but for me there would no day of rest unless I was extremely sick.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginarella View Post
                                        Your Itinerary sounds fun but a day of rest?

Could you fit in Universal Orlando or Busch Gardens?

I'm sorry Chad but for me there would no day of rest unless I was extremely sick.
                                        Rest is a relative term. I'm the same way, you can rest at home. I guess "day of rest" was synonamous with a day we aren't at a Disney Park.

Comment

Working...
                                        X