Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Is the Age of Pirates Gone?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is the Age of Pirates Gone?

The Pirates craze is not dead but its not at its peack either, but thats completly understandable with the trilogy over. As far as little boys are concerened, and some girls, Pirates are timeless and will always be loved by them. They really are the princess equivalent for boys. As far as the P&P parties are concerned they will never be as popular as the traditional Halloween or Christmas parties simply because they are no longer seasonal. The party was created for the off season to make some extra money. Sure you'll get locals to go one time but it wont become an annual event for locals the way the holiday parties are today. So Disney is loosing a lot of the local market which I believe makes up a big percentage of Holiday parties. As far as Tortuga is concerned the breaks were put on the resturant even before the third movie came out, when Pirates was peeking in popularity. Unfortunatly the main reason for this was the price tag that kept increasing. This was suppose to be something really special with animatronic figures throughout the resturant. I'm still holding out that its still going to be made in some form or another. Last I heard it hasn't been cancelled completly just pushed back. So, in short Disney definitly is not giving up on Pirates and I don't think they ever will.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosso11 View Post
      So, in short Disney definitly is not giving up on Pirates and I don't think they ever will.
      They will if we do
      www.jamboeveryone.com
      Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
        They will if we do
        When the day comes that Pirates of the Caribbean is closed forever due to low ridership then I'll change my view, but untill that day Disney is not giving up on Pirates.

Comment

When the day comes that Pirates of the Caribbean is closed forever due to low ridership then I'll change my view, but untill that day Disney is not giving up on Pirates.
          I think a distinction needs to be made between the attraction and the film based franchise. There are attractions that live beyond their films.

Comment

Whats your defintion of giving up Pirates. I don't think they will ever close POTC or stop selling pirate merchandise in the adjacent store.

But they might stop doing a Jack Sparrow training show, they might stop selling pirate stuff everywhere, they might stop doing a Princess & Pirate party. If thats your definition (and thats what I meant), then they might
            www.jamboeveryone.com
            Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X