Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New President to be added to Hall of Presidents?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New President to be added to Hall of Presidents?

http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...all+Presidents

I brought this topic up before... but does WDI need to start building a new McCain/Obama/Clinton AA for the Hall of Presidents?

Then I hear WDI may be "gagging our next Commander-in-Chief as part of the 2009 redo of WDW's "Hall of Presidents".... Anyone else see this story on JHM?

Re: New President to be added to Hall of Presidents?

While I did enjoy the aspect of having the current President speak, I can see how it is distracting.

I am just glad that it is not on the chopping block or set to become "relevent".

Comment

I think they start working on the AA when it's closer to election time.

Comment

I think that they definitely need to refresh the movie at the HOP. This is an attraction with so much potential that it's a shame what it's become. As for making the new AA, I think it would take them the longest to sculpt the face.

Comment

What about the Audio-Animatronic President residing at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue?

Comment

I think they need to gag the current presidents and make the speaking roles exist more for the historical presidents. If our politics weren't so partisan then it would be a nice tribute, but there's too much hate for our presidents today which distracts from the honor of the role.

Comment

It would sure be nice to see a Hillary Clinton AA next to the Bill Clinton one. I don't think they should get rid of the speaking roll. It's always nice to hear the current president speak, and I think it gives the show some more modernization. Leave the speaking parts for the old historical people over at the American Adventure.

Visit Disney Reporter - Where the Magic Lives
              (http://www.disneyreporter.net.ms)
              Four years of magic and still going strong.

Comment

Wait did they put our current prez in there? Ohh boy I hope not. And if so that's just wrong .

Comment

Originally posted by Viking16 View Post
                  Wait did they put our current prez in there? Ohh boy I hope not. And if so that's just wrong .
                  Yup, see for yourself, go to 3:07.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=TVX4qRKLUC4
                  MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
                  (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Comment

This maybe sacriledgous and I run the risk of being tarred & feathered, but I haven't bothered with this attraction in years. This and Caroousel of Progress have just run their course with me.

Go ahead and yell now
                    www.jamboeveryone.com
                    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

I can't sit through the Hall of Presidents now without hearing major boos (and some cheers ) when our current AA President begins to speak.

I do think they should just keep the past presidents speaking, we see enough of our current ones on the news every night.
                      My Blog: http://imagineeringmind.wordpress.com

Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS

Comment

I can't help but think that in the current "politically correct" sense of thinking this country seems to have, that if Disney were to pull the speech from the new president, then they better hope McCain wins. I'm just saying, you know there is going to be plenty of people who will raise a fuss if they don't let Clinton or Obama give a speech. Already I can hear rants like, "they snubbed Clinton because she is a woman", or "Disney is racist because they won't let the first Black president speak!". While I think this is silly, I think it is a valid problem Disney might find itself facing.
                        In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

Comment

Personally I think they should go back to the historical presidents speaking.

But honestly, hearing the AA GW speak is actually better than the one that is currently sitting in the oval office.

Comment

I think it's kind of cool to see the current President speak.

Maybe they could do an introduction only, so we get the novelty of it out of the way, and then Lincoln & Friends come to life and it gets historical and educational.

They could even make it a bit more interesting if they put in a word about "the only President with a wooden leg!" "the only bachelor president" or "the oldest president" etc. before introducing them. Maybe consider making it like a Presidential Trivia show? After all, the American Adventure pretty much serves the original purpose of the Hall of Presidents.

Comment

They should just put the modern Presidents in the silent er... contemplative poses that they were famous for and leave it at that. Here are a couple of my suggestions:

Bored? Check out my animation news & reviews website: http://skunkandburningtires.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X