Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Quick Question??? [car rental at the parks]

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quick Question???

Originally posted by danyoung View Post
    They have gotten a lot better than that. They now have a desk in the terminal, and my waits have never been more than 5 or 10 minutes.

Well I should hope so, I hardly think they could get much worse but once that's said it usually does get worse...
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

Re: Quick Question??? [car rental at the parks]

Originally posted by WDW Monorail View Post
      No, the car care center is just south of the TTC.
      Not sure if there is a rental center there.
      Ok, so you'd make your way to the ttc then walk to the car care center?
      Sorry, I'm just way preplanning for some unknown future trip lol
      Good morning, son
      In twenty years from now
      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
      And I can tell you 'bout today
      And how I picked you up and everything changed
      It was pain
      Sunny days and rain
      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
        Ok, so you'd make your way to the ttc then walk to the car care center?
        Sorry, I'm just way preplanning for some unknown future trip lol
        Just after the tolls, you must hang a left in to the car care center. There is no need to walk. There is another, much longer backstage entrance but I don't think you want to go there...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...,0.004694&z=18

Look for car care drive.
        sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
        Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

Originally posted by WDW Monorail View Post
          Just after the tolls, you must hang a left in to the car care center. There is no need to walk. There is another, much longer backstage entrance but I don't think you want to go there...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...,0.004694&z=18

Look for car care drive.
          tolls? If you don't walk, then how do you get there? Is there a bus to take you? I'm a little confused lol
          Good morning, son
          In twenty years from now
          It was pain
          Sunny days and rain

sigpic

Comment

If you're staying on property, the resort will arrange to take you there/pick you up. Just call Alamo.
            -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by halltd View Post
              If you're staying on property, the resort will arrange to take you there/pick you up. Just call Alamo.
              Thanks!!!
              Good morning, son
              In twenty years from now
              It was pain
              Sunny days and rain

sigpic

Comment

next question: (kinda goes along with my madness I started here) Does the Turnpike have an exit for Leesburg????
                He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
                follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
                DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

Re: Quick Question???

Originally posted by danyoung View Post
                  They have gotten a lot better than that. They now have a desk in the terminal, and my waits have never been more than 5 or 10 minutes.

And halltd, while I haven't priced out rates at the WDW car rental sites, I'm having a hard time believing that the rates are consistently $100 per day lower than at the airport. I'm betting that you managed to hook on to a super great rate on your rental that one time. I'm sure going to look at it closely on my next visit, though!

I was wondering that myself. I just got back from Texas. I used National, and at my corporate rate (which is not THAT big a discount) a Dodge Avenger came out to $56 / day with all taxes, fees, charges, surcharges, and recovery fees included.

To come in $100 under that price, they would have to give me money to rent the car.

-dave
                  "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                  "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

It could've been a special deal or since it was Christmas time, they just jacked the prices way up at the airport because they didn't have many minivans left. I don't know. But, after taxes and fees, the total bill was $1000 cheaper the way we did it. We didn't ask questions, we just booked it. Other rental companies were cheaper than Alamo at MCO, but the cheapest was still booking on property and returning to the airport. Just something to look at for other people. I'm not guaranteeing anyone else gets the same deal we did, but rather relaying our own experience.

edit: As a side note, rental charges vary based on time of year here in Florida. I rent a car for 28 days at a time in South Florida right now. For one month, I paid $100 a week for a midsize car from the Miami airport. The next month, they wanted $400 for the same type of car, same duration, and same airport. I asked why and they said because there was a lot of "tourist events" in the area that month, so the prices went up. Because it was FOUR TIMES more for the same car, I rented further north in Delray from my local (non-airport) location. For the past two months, the rate has been close to the same because there's less of a "captive audience" at that location. That could very well explain the price difference we experienced at MCO as well.
                    -Tim

Comment

Working...
                    X